[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DJax is back.

rew70

This is from the Seattle times, though this might provide some help for those DJax owners out there. My interpretation is turning to he'll play more rather than less. SEA needs this game for homefield and Homgren would want to start his best players at each position, even if it is a TEN. DJax is starting and that says something right there. According to him and those around him, he looks very good. Read on...

Hawk Notes: Holmgren says Jackson to start

By José Miguel Romero

Seattle Times staff reporter

KIRKLAND — D-Jack is back. And ready to jump back into the starting lineup.

That's the plan, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Wednesday. Wide receiver Darrell Jackson took part in his first full practice in more than two months and will join Bobby Engram as the starters at the position Sunday when the Seahawks take on the Tennessee Titans in Nashville.

"How many snaps he gets Sunday? He might not get as many as he did at the start of the season," Holmgren said. "We'll just have to see how his leg works, see how his stamina is and those types of things. It's good to have him back, and he's right back in the rotation."

Jackson has been out of action since knee surgery shelved him after four games. Players jokingly re-introduced themselves to him before the team's morning workout.

"It's been a long time since I've been in the huddle with those guys, so that's kind of like the joke (for) anybody who comes off of injury," Jackson said. "It's going to be a good feeling getting back on the field and running on my knee and seeing how well I do."

Jackson said his stamina is such that he could play "for three days, four days straight."

Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said he thought Jackson looked great in practice Wednesday.

"There was really no rust. It was plays that he's run over and over again with us," Hasselbeck said.

And this from ProFootball Weekly...

WR Jackson ready to return to Seahawks

Just when things were getting good in Seattle, the 10-2 Seahawks received great news on Pro Bowl WR Darrell Jackson. Sidelined since Oct. 2, Jackson underwent surgery to repair torn cartilage in his right knee. He’s set to return to practice on Friday and will no doubt need some time to round back into form. Seattle’s WR corps was battered most of the year.

PFW: What does the return of Jackson do for the Seahawks’ offense?

Reynolds: Jackson might play 25-30 snaps for the Seahawks on Sunday. His speed, and the propensity of Mike Holmgren to send him deep, draws the attention of defensive backs who previously had locked on stopping RB Shaun Alexander. As unspectacular as the Seahawks’ WR corps is thought to be by most observers, plugging in Jackson makes it a deep, solid bunch. Joe Jurevicius, Bobby Engram and D.J. Hackett have made big plays for the offense, and Jackson, who has 116 catches in the last 20 games including 29 in the first four games of 2005, is the best of them all if healthy. The Seahawks have to be cautious with Jackson, who battled a knee problem for more than year, in order to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Pushing Jackson doesn’t make sense right now. He could have five or six weeks to get ready for the Seahawks’ next significant game (Jan. 7-8 or 14-15).

And I found this tidbit as well...

Darrell Jackson (knee) is not on this week's injury report and will start at Tennessee. Bobby Engram will start along side him and Joe Jurevicius will move to the slot position.

(Updated 12/15/2005).

Nothing really new there. Posted this just to note he's not on the team's injury report.

Would you start JJ instead?

1219832[/snapback]

I have them both and right this instant am leaning towards JJ as I think he's a bigger threat to score and will see ample playing time.

I just won't be surprised if Jackson has a solid game.

which one of your three JJ's? LOL

Yeah I would probably start Jurevicius over Jackson

1219838[/snapback]

It must be a "J" thing. Had a pair of Deuce's early in the year. :D

I have them both and right this instant am leaning towards JJ as I think he's a bigger threat to score and will see ample playing time.

I just won't be surprised if Jackson has a solid game.

1219840[/snapback]

I'm with you Rew. I may play them both and chose between Julius and Ricky.

I'm with you Rew. I may play them both and chose between Julius and Ricky.

1219869[/snapback]

I could play them both as well, but then I have to sit Roy if I do that and I actuallly think he may have a decent game. CIN is not good against the pass.

I could play them both as well, but then I have to sit Roy if I do that and I actuallly think he may have a decent game.  CIN is not good against the pass.

1219880[/snapback]

You are probably right. My luck I'll play them both and it will be the Shaun show.

You are probably right. My luck I'll play them both and it will be the Shaun show.

1219909[/snapback]

That would be the biggest reason not to play them both, plus I think Roy is going to have a solid week with the Lions playing from behind at home. I also have DJax and JJ and am leaning on taking a chance and playing DJax (so you should play JJ if my season continues the way it has). :D

That would be the biggest reason not to play them both, plus I think Roy is going to have a solid week with the Lions playing from behind at home. I also have DJax and JJ and am leaning on taking a chance and playing DJax (so you should play JJ if my season continues the way it has). :D

1219938[/snapback]

I hear you. I gut says the smart move is JJ but the greedy side says take a chance with DJax.

:D

This is clipped from Mike Sando who reports on the Seahawks for the Tacome News tribune, this is from his daily blog...

My feeling on this game Sunday is that the Seahawks will probably make an effort early to get Darrell Jackson involved. The Titans' have some good defensive players, particularly at linebacker, but their safeties seem to be geared toward run support more than coverage. If Matt Hasselbeck makes the right decisions, I would expect him to find some cracks in the coverage that way. Players and coaches vote for the Pro Bowl next week, meaning this is Hasselbeck's last chance to further separate himself from some of the "name" QBs we've talked about. Matt was fourth in fan voting at last check. ...

I'll also be interested to see how Alexander plays in a rare visit to the South. He played at Alabama, which isn't too far from Nashville. I'm guessing the Titans will load up to stop him. If that happens, we'll see if Hasselbeck can loosen up the defense through the air.

Posted by mikesando Dec 17, 2005 1:21 am

Just another intersting tidbit from someone more closely in tune with that team...

What about Engram damit!!! all this JJ and DJax talk. I have all three and must choose one. Right now I have them ranked...

#1- Engram...hot as hell. 3td's and 2weeks and the only WR not effected by DJax return

#2- DJax, just cause he is starting while JJ is not. I think Hass may go out of his way to look DJax way a couple extra times, trying to get him back in rythm for the playoffs.

#3- JJ. just cause he's not starting and game could be blowout early (again) and then all 3 of them will be sitting before JJ even really get's going.

Now here's what will really happen... all of us fools will leave DJ Hackett on the waiver wire and then watch him clean up w/ all the recieving FF points, while all the other guy's sit and rest up for the playoff's after SA gets 3 rushing TD's

Tally,

I'm starting DJax & Engram along with Chad Johnson!  :D

1222186[/snapback]

Leving JJ on the bench. although most people wouldnt... I have to agree. But if you had to choose one of them, which would it be?

I have Holt and Housh as 1&2. no way I'm sitting either of them.

I'm start Engram if I were you, he's the SAFEST play of the Seahawks WR's!! Good luck

1222458[/snapback]

I'm starting Engram over Jackson. It's just a safer play at this point. Jackson's upside isn't there if they limit his plays. He's got to get back in game shape and it might take a couple of games.