[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to pick up a QB for the Superbowl

krad

Believe it or not, I've made it to the Superbowl with Simms and Fitzpatrick at the helm. Unfortunatley, someone already has Martin. Looking to pick up either Grossman or McCown. I think McCown will air it out more (that's all AZ does), but they play a decent Phille D who has alot of pride. On the other hand, Grossman needs to find a rythym if he's going to be the QB that takes Chicago into the playoffs. Although Chicago's attack is much more balanced, if not run oriented, if Kyle Boller can light up GB, Grossman should have a decent game. Thoughts???

Assuming he isn't still vomiting up his own intestines come weekend, McCown is your man. While Grossman adds a different element to the Chicago offense (competent mid-to-long range passing) he won't be asked to win the game. He'll just help the overall scheme to improve, as evidenced by his 3 of 4 1st downs gained by passing on first down on Monday night. That's something Orton couldn't do.

However, it's still going to be about running the ball and punishing defense. Grossman may be an upgrade over Orton (jury is still out on that) but he'll still just be a game manager.

McCown, on the other hand, will be asked to carry the team on his shoulders. With no running game or defense to speak of, it will be incumbent upon him to get the ball to his wide outs and either score or get Rackers in range. When he's thrown the ball 40+ times a game, he's been a stud. But he's not all that accurate, so he needs a high volume of passes to put up good fantasy stats. Lucky for him the guys calling the plays for Arizona call passing plays by about a 2:1 margin (or more).

Protracted illness is the only thing preventing me from relying more heavily on McCown at this point in the week. I highly suggest you add him, but also arrange for a Plan B in case he's got ebola, or something.

Edited by yo mama

I just don't think I could bring myself to start Grossman. McCown has two things above Grossman fantasy-wise:

1-- Two STUD WRs to throw to

2 -- NO running game to speak of, so any AZ TDs will most likely go through him.

On Rex's side, he has a great matchup while McCown's matchup is not a good one. BUT ...CHI TDs generally go through T. Jones. I would say McCown, and I'd maybe even consider Kyle Boller on Sunday Night Football. He's playing for his job (I assume he's a free agent in your league, he darn well should be). Good luck, thanks for the advice on my post.