[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddlers With Championships!

Primetime9287

Well, the Donutrun Empire's flagship, the Jellies, managed to finish 3rd in their 14 team league despite being ravaged by injuries -- but Donutrun's secondary team, the Bavarians came up huge in the 2005 Yahoo League of Champions, taking home the title!!! That was sweet ... :D

The final Bavarian Starters:

Palmer (he served me well)

LJohnson (traded Ward & Caddy for him the day Priest got hurt just as the news broke)

Gore (benched Edge)

Moats (ouch, benched SJax)

Burress (great early, disappeared as of late)

CJohnson (solid)

DBennett (benched Engram)

Crumpler (solid, Atlanta would be better if they used him more)

Rackers (loved this guy this year)

Jacksonville (played matchups on D all year)

:D

Now, Donutrun's Antisocial Hobbits have shots at titles in week 17 in their two salary cap leagues ... GO AHOBBS!!! :D

Thanks Huddlers for the advice and hillarity this year -- couldn't have done it without you, or at very least, it wouldn't have been as much fun ... see you in the SMACKBOWL!! :D

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won one small money 10 teamer with:

Hass

SA

SJax

SSmith

Holt

Engram / Branch

Crumpler

Wilkins

CHI

Dominated this one all year went 11-2 and rolled through my 2 playoff games.

My local; finished 3rd in points and lost in the 2nd round of playoffs. I was pretty fortunate in this league since my roster started with Bulger, Leftwich, Dillon, CBrown, Engram, and Holt (then traded for DD and Ferguson as well) who all missed at least 2+ games to injury. If only a few of these guys stayed healthy all year I think I'd have had a shot at winning this one too. Got my entry fee back for the points and playoffs so it coulda been worse.

Took 2nd in my local after dominating the regular season in overall points, but I lost in a shootout in the finals. My opponent and I posted the 2nd and 3rd highest scores of the season in the finals, but unfortunately, I ended up 5 points short with the following lineup:

QB - Palmer

RB - Alexander, Caddy

WR - Fitzgerald, TJ Housh, Roy Williams

TE - Crumpler

K - Rackers

DEF - Jacksonville

Congratulations to all the Huddlers who took home championships this season!! Thanks as well to all the Huddlers for all the help and advice this season. Had a GREAT season and really enjoyed it.

How many weeks till next year?? :D

Won two BOTH leagues in their inaugural years: Confusion and Good v. Evil (Senate) ...

Lost in Semis of Cowboys & Indians to Los Gigantes. Lost in Semis of my local TD-only league ...

Did not make playoffs in GMX ...

Hope everyone has a great holiday season!

Knights (Main Money League) $250 Entrance, $1200 Championship

- Lost in 1st Round of Playoffs. Won $220 in prize money.

Warriors $125 Entrance, $600 Championship

- Won the Championship :D Won $660 in prize money. :D

I started out 2-8. Then came week 11 with LJ and Rudi Johnson lighting it up. I Finished up going 5-1 in my next 6 games (weeks 11-13 are double games). Squeed into the playoffs in my division. Road LJ, Rudi, Holt, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Hasselback through the playoffs. I won the championship by 17 points playing against Steve Smith. A number he could have easily put up if he didn't get kicked out of the game. Thanks Steve. :D:D You da man! It was my first championship win in this league. :D I lost the championship once and my division twice. But this one was sweet starting out 2-8.

Thanks huddle. :D

Edited by blips