[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddlers With Championships!

Primetime9287

Won my local dynasty for the 3rd time in 12 years. Lost out in the previous 2 SuperBowls but this year my team finally came through. Was tagged with being the Buffalo Bils of FF before this years victory.

MVP of my team this year was Carson Palmer. Thought he would have a decent year, but man he really came through.

SuperBowl MVP of my team was Willie Parker. I sat Edge due to the situation with the Colts and I was worried. Parker's 130/1 really bailed me out. Not to mention big games from Holt, Bennett, Gates and the Bills Def!

I won $1000 which is great and all but getting that $25 plaque with my name on it is what makes it all worth it. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won my local dynasty for the 3rd time in 12 years. Lost out in the previous 2 SuperBowls but this year my team finally came through. Was tagged with being the Buffalo Bils of FF before this years victory.

MVP of my team this year was Carson Palmer. Thought he would have a decent year, but man he really came through.

SuperBowl MVP of my team was Willie Parker. I sat Edge due to the situation with the Colts and I was worried. Parker's 130/1 really bailed me out. Not to mention  big games from Holt, Bennett, Gates and the Bills Def!

I won $1000 which is great and all but getting that $25 plaque with my name on it is what makes it all worth it. :D

1238058[/snapback]

In the only SB championship I won I would be hard pressed to select a season MVP from Palmer, SSmith, Boldin, Galloway and Housh. Housh and Boldin were hurt part of the season. SSmith was huge but clearly my best value was Galloway given that I paid a mere 1% of my salary cap for him.

It's hard to select a SB MVP ... although I might have to give it to Ricky Williams for his highest score of the season (I left FWP on my bench).

Local League - Won the division & 1st seed bye, lost in the 2nd round.

Fusion - After a Superbowl loss last year decided to completely rebuild. After an up & down 6-7 season I ended on the downside "winning" my first ever Toilet Bowl.

Dynasty Wars II - My first of hopefully many Wars II Championships.

Poles N' Holes - Division Champ but lost in the first round of the playoffs.

32 Homers - Lost Deuce, injured Holt & the results put me at the middle of the pack yet again.

IDP Handbook - Winner of the all-infirmiry award. Bruschi, Javon Walker, Pennington, Takeo Spikes, Dom Davis, Stephen Davis, Braylon Edwards, Andre Johnson, Bubba Franks, David Patten...you get the picture. This just turned out really, really bad. Hoping I'll get another shot at it next year.

Edited by rajncajn

Joined a league with a guy I work with (and his family), turned out to be a bunch of S hit talkers all year, glad to say I walked in and whooped 'em all.

Started off with the combo of TO and McNabb- had to struggle to recover from that loss. Ran with Alexander (who carried my team the year) along with Steve Smith. The rest of my crew alternated in and out every week between Stallworth, Toomer, McNair, Brad Johnson, and Ricky Williams (thank god Ricky came alive!)

Also one a free league this year with Palmer/CJ/Holt/Wayne/S Moss/Edge/F Taylor - but that's a freebee so who cares.

I'm just glad to win some money

:D:D:D

Won the Super Bowl in my local $$$ league with the roster in the sig line. It was a nail biter going into MNF due to my opponent having JJones, PIT DST and I didn't think that Favre would pass the ball well againt the Bears, so I benched Driver for DJax. :doah: So other than Holt , my receivers (6 points combined) did nothing.

Team MVP - Very, very tough to choose between Palmer, SAlexander and LJ. Because my season turned around once I put Palmer in as the starter, I'll give it to him. :D

Super Bowl MVP - Have to go with co-MVPs, SAlexander and LJohnson. Both of them came up big. :D:D

Lost super bowl in a free league by 8 points because LT and Rudi didn't show up. Oh well, like I said it was a free league. :D

Congrats to all Huddle winners!

1 Championship and 1 SB loss. 1 league I regained my crown after a dismal last place performance last year. Now have 3 Championships in 4 years in that league.

The other I lost for the first time, also now hold 3 Championships in 4 years.

A Great Big Thank you to The Huddle for all of my success!

I won my big $$$ local league to the tune of $1000.  I lost my small $$ local league for another $100.  I lost the SB to Grunge in Doh for the grand sum of $30.  I took 2nd in Huddle Challenge III, regular season.  I sucked in all the rest of them.

1237963[/snapback]

that would be HC IV dmd never changed the forum title for us

Edited by keggerz

WON the Huddle IDP Handbook League was high point scorer for this league too...most proud of this championship of all the ones i have ever won since this was a published draft in the Huddle FF Handbook

The roster:

Delhomme/Brunell

Portis/MAnderson/Foster/Suggs/Henry

RMoss/SSmith/Coles/ABryant/Krob

LJ Smith/HMillier

Kaeding/Kasay

Coleman/Roye

JTaylor/JHall/MRucker

DEdwards/Bulluck/Fletcher/DSmith/Bockwoldt/NapHarris

Clemments/Tillman

MLewis/Crocker/GScott

LOST in BOTNH to Doc9er(had I started Carr who I had in earlier in the week instead of Favre I would have won or had I started the Buff Def instead of the SD Def I would have won) but Doc deserved the championship he had an AWESOME YR

LOST Consolation Game in GMX tuff finishing in 4th place after a 12-1 reg season...all season I was 2nd in power rank and after week 16 i sit at 1st in power rank but 4th overall :D was high point scorer for this league as well

LOST in 1st round of Dynasty Wars II but I did turn around a horrible team i took over to a playoff team

Edited by keggerz

Won the Bling Bling BOTH league.

Lost the Any Given Sunday BOTH league to Major Tom.

Lost in a mixed huddler/non-huddler 1st year dynasty I had no business making the super bowl in.

6 leagues (4 BOTHs), 5 playoffs, 3 super bowls, 1 championship.

I just wanted to give a big thank you to all of you at The Huddle. This is my first year as a member and had done ok with past Fantasy teams. This year I am running 5 seperate teams and I'm in the championship in all 5 Leagues. I am guarenteed Money in 3 of the 5 so my subscription to the huddle for years to come has been paid for. Thanks again!!!

I won my league last night by holding off the New England D. When Vinny came in I thought I was toast, but held on to win by 4.2. My championship couldn't have happened without my trade deadline move of trading Stephen Davis, David Patten, and a 3rd rd pick next season for Tiki Barber, Andre Davis, and a 6th rounder. Basically I got Tiki for a 3rd round pick and I'll get to keep him for next season.

Thanks to the Towson University Fantasy Football League (TUFFL) and to The Huddle for all of your help this year. :D

The Gene Frenkel Tribute Band managed to secure a Super Bowl win, w/ Larry Johnson and Boldin leading the way down the stretch. $1,000 ain't bad, I'll take it... In my other leauge I seem to make the playoffs, but always do poorly the first round, then take the consilation game - this year thanks in large part to Willie Parker and his huge 80 yd TD Run!! (bonus pts, also, for TD's over 45 yds...)

Although I got four teams into the playoffs and went 1-1 in Super Bowls, I have had the greatest FF season of my life! All are 12-team leagues.

Michigan Football Forever - Went 11-3 but lost in the semis.

Pet Shop League - Went 10-4 but lost in the semis. Got by without Bulger, but my luck ran out against a superior team.

Crunch Crew League - Went 11-2 to clinch top seed and a first round Bye. Lost in Superbowl by 4.8 points. Fracking Engram and fracking Troupe! :D

Ignorant Idiots League - I am so proud of this team! :D Went just 6-7 and backed into the playoffs with seed #6. I ran the table, beat all three division winners and dominated in my Super Bowl, 131.7 - 89.35. Super Bowl starters in bold.

QB Mark Brunell

QB Gus Frerotte

QB Josh McCown

RB Larry Johnson

RB Steven Jackson

RB Mike Anderson

RB Marshall Faulk

WR Joey Galloway

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Lee Evans

WR Samie Parker

TE Erron Kinney