[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This coming from a HUGH Favre fan

Guest Sores

Young has played ONE a repeat ONE solid defense ALL SEASON!!! In that game he had TWO i repeat TWO drives the were good, other then that he was confused and threw 2 ints . OSU is good at pressuring the QB, their DB are not very good at all. He will be stiffled in the NFL. There is no way whatsoever Young plays well in the NFL, if you think he will, your just another homer fool.

You have Rogers whom will be much better then Young will be, if i were the Packers i'd be chewing the bit to get the "real" deal AJ Hawk.

1249428[/snapback]

I don't know. Still not sold on Rodgers. When he got a chance to play vs. Ravens it looked like it took everything he had to throw the out. Maybe I'm just spoiled from watching Favre all these years. I do think they'll go defense though.

The problem in GB IS NOT Favre.

It does not matter who the qb is in GB, the team is Swiss Cheese!

Favre was #4 in yardage. He was playing with guys on my JV high school team.

He forced the ball. He took it all on his shoulders.

The administration let him down through the past drafts, contract negotiations and free agency.

Whether it be Young or the #1 pick last year, the GB ship is sinking. And letting go of Sherman was not the best move either! The let Sherman go and paid him a few million as well....good job Mr. Thompson.

Favre will play again, the question is for which team?

:D

Edited by kryptonite

The problem in GB IS NOT Favre.

It does not matter who the qb is in GB, the team is Swiss Cheese!

Favre was #4 in yardage.  He was playing with guys on my JV high school team. 

He forced the ball.  He took it all on his shoulders. 

The administration let him down through the past drafts, contract negotiations and free agency. 

Whether it be Young or the #1 pick last year, the GB ship is sinking.  And letting go of Sherman was not the best move either!  The let Sherman go and paid him a few million as well....good job Mr. Thompson.

Favre will play again, the question is for which team?

:D

1249557[/snapback]

I agree with everything except the last statement ... I just don't believe Favre will suit up for another team. Either he returns as a Packer, or not at all IMO.

Many projected Rogers to be the 1st QB taken last year and when he wasn't he dropped pretty far in the draft.  GB jumped all over him when they could have used O-Line help.

1248999[/snapback]

Don't be a sheep, Grits. Just because the Pack lost two good OGs doesn't mean they should have drafted an OG in the first round. I don't think Logan Mankins or David Baas would have made any difference this year. Either way, there was no reason to believe that any of the available OGs were better than the young guys we already had on the roster (who had played very well in their limited opportunities).

But I digress...now Young admits that he's going to reconsider his decision to return to UT next year. And, like many have said, his value probably couldn't be higher than it is right now.

One thing I'd like to mention -- and I'm a HUGE fan of Vince Young -- last night's performance didn't show me anything new about him. If you haven't seen Vince Young play that way before, then you haven't seen him play at all in 2005. Granted, the stakes were as big as they could get, but SC's defense isn't any better than the other defenses VY has shredded earlier this year. He's won more than a few games by himself. The only difference now is that more people have seen him. Aren't I right, Perch? :D

As far as projecting him to the NFL, I think he's the type of QB who needs a LOT of coaching before he becomes a starter. Sometimes, I advocate throwing a QB into the fire right away, but I wouldn't in Young's case. He needs to change his throwing motion completely, get used to taking snaps from center (which would require him to quicken his footwork considerably), and, most importantly, learn how to read NFL defenses. You'd also have to give him a couple of good, young WRs early in his career and allow them to take their lumps along with Young for a couple of years. VY's lack of arm strength will require him to develop an excellent timing chemistry with his receivers.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Young looks like , carries himself and plays like a winner ...strange throwing motion and mechanics though ...has worked in college but wonder how it will translate into the NFL ...his stock is as high as it will ever be so he really should turn pro ..i think he becomes a very good NFL player ( reminds of Randall Cunningham a bit with more muscle )

The difference between College and the NFL is measured in light years, as many of these "sure fire" players have tanked, and tanked hard.

1250062[/snapback]

Absolutely. Backing rookie success is a total crapshoot. There are way too many variables, including the fact that it's now very large and violent men on the opposition as opposed to schoolboys and the presence of vast amounts of cash, amongst other things.