[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leave early

Front Row

I agree. At 80, wouldn't you have other things on your mind besides how the Bills are going to do on the field next year? I know people like to keep busy, but GM of a football team seems like a lot of work for someone who's time is running short.

That being said, he'll probably do a good job....at least 'til he gets really old.

112-70 :D

The unprecedented Super Bowl run and 112-70 record that rank as the best in Bills history were obvious reasons for his selection into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. But Levy's accomplishments went far beyond what his teams achieved on the field. As much as anything else, he was recognized for his amazing ability to keep the many massive egos in Buffalo's locker room in check. He turned players who initially doubted his leadership skills -- including Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith, two of the greatest players in Bills history -- into true believers of the "Levy Philosophy."

They bought into the basic principles of what he wanted from his team: Don't be dumb, don't be dirty. Let what you do speak so loud, no one needs to hear what you say. When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us. He set a team-first tone not only for the players, but for the entire Bills organization.

link

Can't hurt.

Marv's a smart man, if nothing else I think he will be

able to help the Bills out on draft day.

1250401[/snapback]

He's the GM, Bills fans better hope he can do more than help the Bills out on draft day.

That, coupled with the comment that the 87 yr old Wilson will be more involved with football decisions would have me worried.

"I am going to be the President and I'm going to be much more active than I have been in the last five years."

My freaking grandmother is turning 100 years old this weekend, do they need a secretary?

He's the GM, Bills fans better hope he can do more than help the Bills out on draft day.

That, coupled with the comment that the 87 yr old Wilson will be more involved with football decisions would have me worried.

"I am going to be the President and I'm going to be much more active than I have been in the last five years."

My freaking grandmother is turning 100 years old this weekend, do they need a secretary?

1250444[/snapback]

Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 6 years.

There's no where to go but up from here.

Wilson at 87 is obviously trying to get something

going before... well, you know.

I agree.  At 80, wouldn't you have other things on your mind besides how the Bills are going to do on the field next year?  I know people like to keep busy, but GM of a football team seems like a lot of work for someone who's time is running short.

That being said, he'll probably do a good job....at least 'til he gets really old.

1250398[/snapback]

Tell that to Bowden and Paterno.