[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who dat gonna coach dem Saints?

DMD

The Saints on Thursday added an eye-opening headliner to their growing list of head coaching candidates: Mike Martz.

The Saints contacted the former St. Louis Rams coach Thursday morning to arrange an official interview for late next week, a league source said late Thursday night.

Martz is the first former head coach to be identified as a Saints target.

He was fired Monday after compiling a 59-43 record in five-plus seasons in St. Louis. He reportedly was fired because of a long-running feud with Jay Zygmunt, the Rams' president of football operations.

Having dined in New Orleans several times, perhaps he could come up with the Best Show on Surf and Turf.

Having dined in New Orleans several times, perhaps he could come up with the Best Show on Surf and Turf.

1251860[/snapback]

They can have him. Latest word from my Ramz boyz was that Martz was on a severe power trip and it started to effect him mentally. Once again, just a rumor from an inside source.

They can have him. Latest word from my Ramz boyz was that Martz was on a severe power trip and it started to effect him mentally. Once again, just a rumor from an inside source.

1251889[/snapback]

Did you read Bernie Miklas (I know it's spelled wrong) in today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch? I have to agree that Martz DID bring a lot of offensive excitement. He just got in too deep as a head coach. OC, fine, Head Coach, oww.

Did you read Bernie Miklas (I know it's spelled wrong) in today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch?  I have to agree that Martz DID bring a lot of offensive excitement.  He just got in too deep as a head coach.  OC, fine, Head Coach, oww.

1251898[/snapback]

No, missed the post today. My insider has been pretty accurate so far..bulger IR 3 weeks before being announced, MArtz getting fired, Warner out the door weeks before, current conditions/physical health of player, etc.....all of the rams drama.He's always prefaced our conversations with " i don't care who you tell but remember I'm bigger and this is my lively hood so a I will kill you if you mention my name." :D

I will add that I knew Holts injury was worse than let on which is why I traded him away for Bulger. Unfortunately Bulger didn't quite pan out. :D

Edited by twiley

He's always prefaced our conversations with " i don't care who you tell but remember I'm bigger and this is my lively hood so a I will kill you if you mention my name."  :D

1251910[/snapback]

:D Sounds like your source has Mafia connections. :D

No, missed the post today. My insider has been pretty accurate so far..bulger IR 3 weeks before being announced, MArtz getting fired, Warner out the door weeks before, current conditions/physical health of player, etc.....all of the rams drama.He's always prefaced our conversations with " i don't care who you tell but remember I'm bigger and this is my lively hood so a I will kill you if you mention my name."  :D

I will add that I knew Holts injury was worse than let on which is why I traded him away for Bulger. Unfortunately Bulger didn't quite pan out. :D

1251910[/snapback]

Note to self, PM Twiley on any potential trade offers involving Rams.