[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans trading down and still getting Bush

Randall

Maybe they could just keep trading down until they've accumulated every NFL team's 7th round pick.  Then they could draft 32 mediocre players instead of one really good player.

1254260[/snapback]

I meant more like 20th in the 1st picking up 2nd and 3rd round picks :D

Look at a team like San Diego. San Diego was the laughing act of the league a couple of years ago. They traded down and opted not to take Michael Vick. They got draft picks and they used those to build their franchise. The next several years, they again used the draf to fill their needs on the offensive line. Free Agency helps but it's the draft that does the real wonders.

The Texans would be so stupid to draft Bush. How can you justify it? No one on this thread is and whoever thinks they should draft Bush, please, tell me why. I just don't get it.

Leinart in my opinion will be better than Young. I think Young has a lot of work to do. He might be running all over people in college but people are faster in the pros. Leinart has a better feel for the game and has that poise and the intangibles that you just can't measure. I think Young needs to go to a team which is willing to build around him and not just put him into a random offense. He needs a coach who is willing to do something different. I think Leinart can benefit anywhere he goes. He might lack arm strength but as we have seen in the past, that isn't the most important thing in a QB. I don't think Leinart will be a "franchise" QB but he won't be awful. I think he will put up better numbers than Young.

Leinart in my opinion will be better than Young. I think Young has a lot of work to do. He might be running all over people in college but people are faster in the pros. Leinart has a better feel for the game and has that poise and the intangibles that you just can't measure. I think Young needs to go to a team which is willing to build around him and not just put him into a random offense. He needs a coach who is willing to do something different. I think Leinart can benefit anywhere he goes. He might lack arm strength but as we have seen in the past, that isn't the most important thing in a QB. I don't think Leinart will be a "franchise" QB but he won't be awful. I think he will put up better numbers than Young.

1254329[/snapback]

I see Leinert as pretty soft. Just something about him tells me he will be an injury prone pro.

Look at a team like San Diego. San Diego was the laughing act of the league a couple of years ago. They traded down and opted not to take Michael Vick. They got draft picks and they used those to build their franchise. The next several years, they again used the draf to fill their needs on the offensive line. Free Agency helps but it's the draft that does the real wonders.

The Texans would be so stupid to draft Bush. How can you justify it? No one on this thread is and whoever thinks they should draft Bush, please, tell me why. I just don't get it.

1254329[/snapback]

What makes you think Leinart would have anymore success than Carr? At least the arguement that Young could buy himself a little more time than Carr makes sense in theory.

I for one would much rather have Young than Bush. This class is pretty deep for O linemen and a decent class for RBs if White and Bush both come out.