[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans trading down and still getting Bush

Randall

I think it's a mistake for them to take Bush at all. With all the offensive line needs this team has, they would be wise to trade down as much as possible (which will be tough in a lean year like this).

Bush is worthless to them until they have someone to block. And Carr for that matter.

I think it's a mistake for them to take Bush at all. With all the offensive line needs this team has, they would be wise to trade down as much as possible (which will be tough in a lean year like this).

Bush is worthless to them until they have someone to block. And Carr for that matter.

1253991[/snapback]

Totally agree. If they don't heavily address the O-line in the first part of this draft the GM should be fired.

Trade down for a group of picks and go O-line all the way.

Why would the Titans trade up to get Young, if they can stay put and get him at #3? It doesnt make sense. I also believe the Texans should trade down and try to land OT Debrickashaw Ferguson...

1253991[/snapback]

That's the big debate. Time will tell as to how it plays out.

They could target the rest of the draft for offensive linemen too. They wouldn't get Ferguson, but may be able to find good players.

The Texans need to address their O-line woes in free agency each season until the problem is gone. Grabbing a rookie OT or OG is good but takes time that the Texans don't really have, plus what is that rookie going to learn? The bad habits of all the suck players around him? The Texans have already replaced their O-line coach which should be a help, and while the draft could produce that "franchise blocker", they need help now from veteran players. Not sure what linemen are available this year but there is where the Texans need most to search for help. Heck, take Bush or White and trade Domanick for whatever lineman you can get for him.

So will the number of "Bush/Young" threads in this offseason outnumber the TO threads from this past season?

These are getting old, fast. The title of this thread is so misleading being based off a potential conjecture......

How about a single thread that everyone can dump their thoughts into?

Heck, take Bush or White and trade Domanick for whatever lineman you can get for him.

1254063[/snapback]

You think they would get anyone worthwhile?

Think this draft is going to turn out very interesting with all the maneuvering we think is going to go on. :D

No no.... he goes to Seattle after Alexander goes to SFran for all of their cap money. :D

1254091[/snapback]

Actually, there's a real RB glut right now. Frank Gore could be the real deal in SF. Two teams that could use a RB are GB and MIN. I'd like them both to miss out on Bush and White. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

DMD's take is on the money, but ARE there quality OLinemen available this offseason?

Also, if they went this route I think it would better serve the Texans to take Young and trade Carr: Young is a local Houston kid and his prescence would be a shot in the arm this franchise needs by providing a "face of the team" that it currently lacks. I think he'd put more butts in the seats than Bush would. It would be more of a gamble since it would mea reinvesting time in QB development but the Texans have lacked an on field personality since they were formed. Remember that Boselli never played a down for them and he was their "expansion pick."

You think Deuce is going to be as effective when he returns?  :D

1254115[/snapback]

Well, you'd obviously have to weigh what you were getting in the trade before you made the move. If the Saints aren't getting a good offer then I'd take Bush over Leinart. I'm just not that high on spending a top pick on a qb. (Visions of Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf etc...) I'd rather move down and look at Jay Cutler.

DMD's take is on the money, but ARE there quality OLinemen available this offseason?

Also, if they went this route I think it would better serve the Texans to take Young and trade Carr: Young is a local Houston kid and his prescence would be a shot in the arm this franchise needs by providing a "face of the team" that it currently lacks. I think he'd put more butts in the seats than Bush would. It would be more of a gamble since it would mea reinvesting time in QB development but the Texans have lacked an on field personality since they were formed. Remember that Boselli never played a down for them and he was their "expansion pick."

1254122[/snapback]

I don't think Young can take 70+ sacks year in year out.

Why would the Titans trade up to get Young, if they can stay put and get him at #3?  It doesnt make sense.  I also believe the Texans should trade down and try to land OT Debrickashaw Ferguson...

1254000[/snapback]

Ferguseon is very over-rated Spain. As you know I have a good friend thast's also a pro prospect and teamate of Ferguson. This guy has told me on many occassions that D'Brick is weak in the weight room. This is evident with his run blocking, which he sucks at. Look at the FSU or VT games where the D-lineman were blowing up every run play to his side. As a matter of fact break down the % of run plays that UVA called to Ferguson's side in the last two seasons. This guy is very agile and flexible(he can apparently do a split), he's also a third degree black belt. He's got quick feet and was an all state basketball player but being a sick athlete doesn't mean that you're going to be worth a top 5 pick.

Well, whoever the new head coach is has a lot of decisions to make.

When bringing new coaches he needs to change the mindset of the O line and many may be able to turn their careers around. The psychiology of losing chronically was evident in many of their games.

It should be an interesting off season.

If Bush falls to #2 and I'm the Saints I trade the pick.  The value of that pick would be sky high.

1254111[/snapback]

no way, use that pick to grab a big phat QB.

"not the phat like the fat, but the phat like the propa!"

The Texans should trade down, then trade down again.

1254002[/snapback]

Maybe they could just keep trading down until they've accumulated every NFL team's 7th round pick. Then they could draft 32 mediocre players instead of one really good player.

Why would the Titans trade up to get Young, if they can stay put and get him at #3?  It doesnt make sense.  I also believe the Texans should trade down and try to land OT Debrickashaw Ferguson...

1254000[/snapback]

NO could grab him at #2