[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Palmer's Injury more severe?

Luger

The only thing to do is wait and see. I think Carson has the work ethic and drive to make it back. At this point though, I think it will be hugh to resign Kitna because after reading this stuff, he'll probablly start the first half of next season.

I hope Carson makes it back. Not only for my own selfish reasons, since I own him in a keeper league. Also because he seems like a classy guy and is a true rising star in the NFL. I look forward to future duels between him and Peyton.

Looks like I will now have draft a QB next year a little earlier than I had hoped.

Sounds to me like this Doc is blowing his own horn here.  Seems to me to be a typically blown out knee that needed repair and will need intensive rehab as all major knee blow outs do.  Can you say Grandstanding?

edit:  Hope for Palmer's sake it wasn't this guys first knee reconstruction.

1262939[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree with this completely.  The guy was there second choice.  The #1 doctor who does these is James Andrews, who had a heart attack that weekend.  So this guy was their second choice. 

Then he comes out and says, "oh, it was shredded.  Horrible.  He may never play again.  But I patched him up, things went great, and he'll be ready by training camp."

I think he's tooting his own horn as well.  And if things don't go well with Palmer's recovery, he covered himself by publicly stating how bad the knee was immediately after the surgery.

1263203[/snapback]

Good call, CH.

The Bengals apparently immediately demanded a partial retraction from the doctor:

Bengals public relations released this statement late Thursday night from Dr. Lonnie Paulos, who operated on Carson Palmer’s left knee Tuesday in Houston.

“I believe and regret that media reports based on interviews with me have misinterpreted my view of Carson Palmer’s knee injury.

“Though the injury was serious, the essential fact remains that his ACL and MCL have been repaired.

“I would consider this a typical ACL-MCL football injury. Comments attributed to me that the knee injury was `devastating and potentially career ending’ were mean to describe such injuries in general. I was accurately quoted by the Associated Press that my bottom line is optimism regarding Carson’s prognosis. With a successful rehabilitation program, he has an excellent chance of being medically cleared for play at the start of the 2006 regular season.”

Credibility shredded

1263267[/snapback]

:D

I believe that he'll be able to come back from this. If Robert Edwards was able to come back from near amputation to even attempt a comeback at RB, then Palmer should be OK as a non-running QB.

1263196[/snapback]

If it gives any hope to Palmer, Robert Edwards in running strong in Montreal.

The only thing to do is wait and see.  I think Carson has the work ethic and drive to make it back.  At this point though, I think it will be hugh to resign Kitna because after reading this stuff, he'll probablly start the first half of next season.

1263447[/snapback]

it wouldn't hurt me to never see kitna under center again. he's a great guy, but he's not a winner on the field. hopefully carson will be back for the start and we won't have to deal with this question.