[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Young to Texans

Career Ender

I was just listening to WFAN and they were talking about rumors coming out of both Houston and Miami that had Houston caving in to pressure to pick Vince Young. If they did that they would trade David Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams and a 3rd round pick. Again it's based on rumors so take it that way but figure it was interesting discussion at least.

I was just listening to WFAN and they were talking about rumors coming out of both Houston and Miami that had Houston caving in to pressure to pick Vince Young. If they did that they would trade David Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams and a 3rd round pick. Again it's based on rumors so take it that way but figure it was interesting discussion at least.

1265493[/snapback]

I was reading the same thing online. Fox.sports maybe?

I didn't hear Carr for Williams but that makes the same problem as Bush and DD. Overload at RB for a team with much bigger needs

Typical pre-draft rumors that we hear every year about this time that have no merit whatsoever. But this one is at least a little more plausible than most of the poppycock internet rumors. But again, NO WAY in he11 would this ever happen. NO WAY at all.

Houston will draft Reggie Bush if they retain the #1 pick. End of story.

I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about the reporter for the Houston Chronicle who said the saying around the Texans organization is.... Bush will put butts in the seats but Young will put butts in the seats and the sweets. According to alot of people this reporter is pretty much on target with all his information.

Vince Young also did an interview where he kept saying how much he wanted to be a Texan. I think part of it might be who they hire as head coach. Kubiak might not go Bush if he follows Shanahan's strategy of picking rb's later in the draft.

I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about the reporter for the Houston Chronicle who said the saying around the Texans organization is.... Bush will put butts in the seats but Young will put butts in the seats and the sweets.  According to alot of people this reporter is pretty much on target with all his information.

1265883[/snapback]

I assume you mean suites.

I think Houston would do better to trade down and pick up some O-line help and D help with the extra picks. Carr can be a good QB if he had any time at all to throw the ball and maybe DD wouldn't get hurt as much if someone actually blocked for him.

I traded DD for L. Jordan in my keeper league. The guy I traded with has the #1 pick next year. How bad would it be for him if the Texans drafted Bush and held on to DD? We keep 7 players (12 teams) so Bush will be hands down the #1 pick in our league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2293458

USC sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that coach Pete Carroll gave his blessing for Bush to turn pro only after being assured by Texans owner Bob McNair that the running back would be the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Young, a Texas native, led his Longhorns to a victory over the favored Trojans in the national championship and ignited a public frenzy demanding Houston select the quarterback instead of Bush.

However, the Texans appear to be sticking with their initial plan of drafting the running back -- a preference of the top candidate to become their head coach