[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to Denver fans

msaint

I don't think Law has what it takes to be a strong safety.  I do think he's play a great free safety, though.

The Pats can basically ignore the OL, DB, DL, and TE positions in this draft.  I'd really like to see Lendale White available at 21, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Santonio Holmes either.

I don't think they will look to draft a LB.  IMHO, the Pats want veteran LBs, and I expect to see them try and pick one up in FA (can you say LaVaR Arrington?)  I'm concerned about the future of Branch or Givens, and I think one will be gone in the next couple of years.  Bethel Johnson was a waste of a draft pick, but nobody gets it right every time.  The Pats need a young WR and RB to groom most of all in the draft.  Then I think they can draft from a best available player mentality.

1269677[/snapback]

i agree that the defensive line and tight end are positions that can be ignored...and corners too

but like i said, if ashworth and neal take the joe andruzzi route...the patriots could sure use some work up there...you cant deny, tom took a beating....they worked with what they had...but to me if you can get a big tackle...that you could start on the right side for now(maybe eventually flip light over to the right side)...move kazcur inside...dan koppen comes back....i think the offensive line becomes a position of strength......i know beli and pioli believe they can develop offensive line talent through coaching...but i think its something worth looking at if they find the right guy at their spot....and especially if they lose ashworth or neal

theres really no way in hell lendale is making it to 21...but i do agree with ya...wouldnt mind getting our hands on santonio...

Believe it or not, there are a few mock drafts out there that have White dropping into the top of the 2nd round. Hard to believe, I admit, but possible. Really depends on his combine performance, I guess.

i agree that the defensive line and tight end are positions that can be ignored...and corners too

but like i said, if ashworth and neal take the joe andruzzi route...the patriots could sure use some work up there...you cant deny, tom took a beating....they worked with what they had...but to me if you can get a big tackle...that you could start on the right side for now(maybe eventually flip light over to the right side)...move kazcur inside...dan koppen comes back....i think the offensive line becomes a position of strength......i know beli and pioli believe they can develop offensive line talent through coaching...but i think its something worth looking at if they find the right guy at their spot....and especially if they lose ashworth or neal

theres really no way in hell lendale is making it to 21...but i do agree with ya...wouldnt mind getting our hands on santonio...

1269761[/snapback]

Don't forget Light. That's Light, Kazcur, Mankin Logan ( :D ), Koppen, and then you only need Ashworth or Neil, plus you have Hochstein.

Lendale White was barely considered to be a first round pick before the Texas Game. I am not convinced that one performance will vault him above other talent. And you also have Lawrence Maroney, Michael Bush, and DeAngelo Willaims coming out. I don't see 5 RBs going that early, or even 3 before # 21. I'd take Maroney if I "had" to :D and it's not a forgone conclusion that white will go ahead of Williams. Michael Bush might fit nicely as a 2nd round pick short yardage back.

Don't forget Light.  That's Light, Kazcur, Mankin Logan ( :D ), Koppen, and then you only need Ashworth or Neil, plus you have Hochstein.

Lendale White was barely considered to be a first round pick before the Texas Game.  I am not convinced that one performance will vault him above other talent.  And you also have Lawrence Maroney, Michael Bush, and DeAngelo Willaims coming out.  I don't see 5 RBs going that early, or even 3 before # 21.  I'd take Maroney if I "had" to :D and it's not a forgone conclusion that white will go ahead of Williams.  Michael Bush might fit nicely as a 2nd round pick short yardage back.

1269817[/snapback]

i did mention light, nick

theres just no way i see white still at 21...i doubt deangelo williams will be around at 21 either...i think mauroney has a shot to be there...just dont know how in love with him the patriots will be

say what you want about a corey..i think some offseason rest and an upgrade on the line will help...there just simply arent many holes on running downs, but i will say he looks a tad slow when trying to bounce outside

i also think that you really have to look at a linebacker...whether its of the de/olb hybrid...like willie....or an inside guy so you can move vrabel back

i did mention light, nick

theres just no way i see white still at 21...i doubt deangelo williams will be around at 21 either...i think mauroney has a shot to be there...just dont know how in love with him the patriots will be

say what you want about a corey..i think some offseason rest and an upgrade on the line will help...there just simply arent many holes on running downs, but i will say he looks a tad slow when trying to bounce outside

i also think that you really have to look at a linebacker...whether its of the de/olb hybrid...like willie....or an inside guy so you can move vrabel back

1270106[/snapback]

I missed the lower case l in light and read right over it...

as far as Corey goes, I think he might haev another season, but wouldn't it be good to get your hands on a rook now to see how he plays?

I missed the lower case l in light and read right over it...

as far as Corey goes, I think he might haev another season, but wouldn't it be good to get your hands on a rook now to see how he plays?

1270109[/snapback]

i could live with it...but as far as white falling...i mean...i think andy reid might Athena himself if whites still around when he picks....regardless, he wont be around, i think thats just pure fantasy land if you think hes falling...i dont expect deangelo to be there either...im just not sold on laurence maroney....and im going to find it hard to believe that the patriots will be either....just dont see it as good value...when there will probably be another player that they really like...