[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers vs. Colts

GTechsta

Interesting matchup.....do the Colts respond to the Steel town taunts or do the Steelers win/keep it close? What does the knife fight do to the Colts mindset, anything? Wanna lay some smack down, but not sure which way to take this. 9.5 seems alot for a playoff game with a team that has an offense.

i like to colts to win and cover ...alot has to do i believe with the tempo in the beginning of the game ..if steelers can run the ball , eat some clock and get some pressure on Manning they may hang in there ...If colts start to move the ball ( or have a big play like last time they met - 80 yard bomb to Harrison ) quickly and early , the game is over fast

If i had to bet i would say Colts cover ....

:D

More $ must be coming on on the Colts. The line has now gone to 10 (at least on the several sites I checked). That extra 1/2 point makes a big difference.

If I were a gambling man, I might tease the Colts -3 and over 42. But I'd be hesitant to lay the 10.

More $ must be coming on on the Colts.  The line has now gone to 10 (at least on the several sites I checked).  That extra 1/2 point makes a big difference.

If I were a gambling man, I might tease the Colts -3 and over 42.  But I'd be hesitant to lay the 10.

1266549[/snapback]

Good stuff here. :D

i like to colts to win and cover ...alot has to do i believe with the tempo in the beginning of the game ..if steelers can run the ball , eat some clock and get some pressure on Manning they may hang in there ...If colts start to move the ball ( or have a big play like last time they met - 80 yard bomb to Harrison ) quickly and early , the game is over fast

1266547[/snapback]

Though I don't agree that the Colts will cover, you make a very good point. We will get a good idea quickly. If the Steelers are able to control the clock and run the ball, I think they have a good chance to pull it off. If the Colts use their speed on defense to completely kill the run, like last time, then the Steelers are in for a world of hurt I'm afraid. Ben does look a lot more confident in the playoffs this year, which is good, because despite my earlier comments about the running game, it will take some balance on offense to hang with the Colts.

:D HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!

Steelers :D

Big Ben is a good QB, if the Steers had another go to receiver I'd actually like them this week.

1266668[/snapback]

Wow, we are in agreement on something :D Randle-El is a solid #3 receiver, as is Cedrick Wilson, as was Quincy Morgan, but there isn't a solid #2 receiver on this team.

Isnt Morgan out for this game? Thought I read that somewhere this week.

Yeah, they need another receiver. Dont understand why they arent making more use of Heath Miller, guess he's being kept in to block :D

Wow, we are in agreement on something :D  Randle-El is a solid #3 receiver, as is Cedrick Wilson, as was Quincy Morgan, but there isn't a solid #2 receiver on this team.

1266672[/snapback]

Actually, Hines Ward is a Great #2 WR. The problem with the Steelers is that they have no #1 WR. :D

Isnt Morgan out for this game? Thought I read that somewhere this week.

Yeah, they need another receiver. Dont understand why they arent making more use of Heath Miller, guess he's being kept in to block  :D

1266678[/snapback]

Yes, Morgan is out. Actually, the Steelers have steadily increased Heath's use in the offense. He is the real deal, not only a good receiver, but, an exceptional blocker, which is important in this offense. The Steelers last 3 1st rounders were Miller, Ben, & Polamalu, can't complain about that.

Edited by Menudo

I thought Miller was an exceptional choice in the draft last year. Watched the guy play in college and he was a beast. Had him on a couple teams for a while but had to drop him, we dont get points for quality blocks :D

Doesn't matter how the game starts... progresses.... or doesn't progress.... this is about a bet BEFORE the game starts.

Laying 10 points on a team in the playoffs is a bit much too me. We are talking the PO's not the regular season.

Think Indy will win but I would take Pitt +10 in the PO's every day of the week.

1266547[/snapback]

I took the Colts at -9.5 earlier in the week with a hunch the line would go to 10.

Sure enough the line this morning is -10.

Just put another few hundo on the Colts and bought a 1/2 point to get it back to 9.5.

1266697[/snapback]