[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MOST OVER RATED TEAM EVER

LooGie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think ANYONE thought that Grossman was the second coming of...well, any stud QB. The main issue was "is he better than Orton?"; and while he didn't do much today, I'd certainly hazard his end numbers are no worse than Orton's would've been.

Lovie knew that his team's achilles' heel was the comatose pass offense. Great D, terrific run game, but you've gotta be two-dimensional on offense to get anywhere in the playoffs.

I personally leaned towards the Cats myself, since I hate the Bears and don't need to hear one more week's worth of lip than absolutely necessary from the darn FIBs on this board, but Chicago hardly crapped their pants and I don't think anyone had them penciled in for the SB. Soldier Field in January is a tough place for a Southern team to win, the mild day certainly helped the Panthers a bit as well.

1268174[/snapback]

superb points chavez. I never said they crapped their pants. In fact, they had me crapping mine. They played a helluva game. They earned some serious respect in all of the NFC today, and Grossman, is their guy, it's obvious.

But it wasn't whether Grossman was better than Orton, that much was obvious weeks ago. It was that Grossman was better than the CAR secondary, and CHI being favored by 3 points in Vegas. I found it very odd. I was right. That's all. I have a right to say I think they were the great white hype of our time right? I didn't say anything demeaning to them, nor the fans...I actually enjoyed watching them kick ass this year.

Over rated? NO.

They have an outstanding D with a very subpar offense, they won a week division in a week conference by AFC standards. If the D didn't win the game for them they weren't getting the W, it was obvious to anyone. I don't know of anyone who thought they were more than described.

Over-rated?  First of all, newbie tool, this isn't college football.  There are no "rankings".  Hence, it's quite difficult to say a team is "over-rated".  Who was "rating" them?  Us Bear fans?  Whatever.  We were only backing our team, as you were backing "yours".  You know, the one that you didn't know what time their kickoff was today. 

Secondly, I seriously doubt ANYONE (even true-blue Bear homers) were talking ANYTHING about Grossman.  I, for one, was surely not.  He's an average QB at best (oh, and by the way, he's not a rookie... do some research before you type). 

I'm still waiting for a valid point from you.  Lemme know when you come up with one.

1268179[/snapback]

you gotta be kidding. you seriously have to be kidding.

He has LESS time than his rookie backup. He played 6 qtrs coming into this game. He's got 7 starts...that makes him a rookie for all intents and purposes. not to mention he was going up against the BEST secondary in the NFL, much less the Playoffs...

CHI was over rated because of all the people saying CHI was going to win. Go through the boards. Look at the Vegas lines. HELL, LISTEN TO THE COMMENTATORS! Everywhere you looked, it was "grossman is going to have a great game, and CHI should pull out the win today" THEY WERE FAVORED BY 3 POINTS!!! that's crazy...OBVIOUSLY.

I have no problem with people backing their team. I applaud you guys. So, because they lost, I can't voice the fact that I think they were over rated? A rookie QB (oh sorry, I mean a QB with 6 qtrs of play this year with around a 60 passer rating) and a team with no playoff experience going up against a team that went to a SuperBowl 2 years ago? Yah, that's hype, sorry if you don't agree. And if you don't, good for you. I dont call you a tool or an idiot for thinking so. I applaud you. But don't say "because you're a poopy head", say they weren't hyped because "it's the best DEF in 20 years, they allowed very few points this year" so i can say "well 7 of their last 9 opponents have rushes for over 100 yrds"

that's called a debate. try it sometime.

And stop with the CAR kickoff time. I knew the time, it was a sarcastic question that I asked after the IND game, you know, being sarcastic...I knew the game was at 1:30, and I asked it at 1:18, making a joke because the INDY game just ended. I'm not a moron. If i truly didn't know the time, all i takes is a click and I could find out, before I had to ask anyone for it. And if that is all you got to combat my points...thanks because I truly made my point.

If the Bears are the most overrated team you've ever seen, then I hope you had a good time watching your first football game ever.  Give me a break.  Most overrated team ever?  Thats your valid point?  Valid?  Hardly.

1268182[/snapback]

okay, that was me being a homer. Yah, they weren't even the most over-rated team this year. INDY took that trophy, as I'm sure we'd all agree, but grossman was surely the most over rated rookie QB ever (i mean, qb with less than 8 starts)

You're right. I take back my original statement. Fair enough?

okay, that was me being a homer. Yah, they weren't even the most over-rated team this year. INDY took that trophy, as I'm sure we'd all agree, but grossman was surely the most over rated rookie QB ever (i mean, qb with less than 8 starts)

1268232[/snapback]

Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf

1268242[/snapback]

:D *sigh* okay, maybe Rex wasn't the most hyped up young QB ever..but...j definitely the most hyped going up against the CATs...actually, no that was Manning, okay, the most in the playoffs? no, that also was Manning..okay, the most with the #2 seed in the NFC..yah...jeez, I dont really have a leg to stand on here do I? :D

CHI was over rated because of all the people saying CHI was going to win. Go through the boards. Look at the Vegas lines. HELL, LISTEN TO THE COMMENTATORS! Everywhere you looked, it was "grossman is going to have a great game, and CHI should pull out the win today" THEY WERE FAVORED BY 3 POINTS!!! that's crazy...OBVIOUSLY.

Wow, I must not have looked in many places, because I didn't see any of that.

And the Vegas line was Bears by 3 - that's standard homefield advantage; Vegas basically thought the teams were equal, Bears win because it's a home game - which is HUGE in the playoffs (well, not so much today, but historically....)

Carolina was going ON THE ROAD in a COLD WEATHER GAME (which, as I mentioned before, it wasn't; reduction in home field advantage for the Bears) against a team COMING OFF A BYE that had BEATEN THEM EARLIER IN THE SEASON. Not to mention they have ONE legit receiving threat. I don't think it was particularly crazy to pick Chicago to win. :D

Wow, I must not have looked in many places, because I didn't see any of that.

And the Vegas line was Bears by 3 - that's standard homefield advantage; Vegas basically thought the teams were equal, Bears win because it's a home game - which is HUGE in the playoffs (well, not so much today, but historically....)

Carolina was going ON THE ROAD in a COLD WEATHER GAME (which, as I mentioned before, it wasn't; reduction in home field advantage for the Bears) against a team COMING OFF A BYE that had BEATEN THEM EARLIER IN THE SEASON. Not to mention they have ONE legit receiving threat. I don't think it was particularly crazy to pick Chicago to win. :D

1268261[/snapback]

good info.

it certainly was NOT particulary crazy to pick the bears. But people wouldn't have picked the bears with Orton, everyone who picked the bears, talked about Rex sparking the offense, and it didn't make sense to me.

If i said i wasn't scared for this game, I'd be lying.

Having said that, I couldn't believe how calm and cool Rex looked. I was almost as shocked as how well Ben did against Indy. Everyone knows Ben is something special, but he looked like an all-pro out there....

1268232[/snapback]

Yeah, fair enough. Trust me, I am a very realistic homer, but Grossman wasn't as hyped as everyone thinks. People were hoping for the best, but deep down I think all Bears fans knew we had a MAJOR question mark at QB. You will not win games in the playoffs with inexperienced QBs...let alone one's that didn't play for the first 10 games or whatever it was. I just don't think they were overrated. Grossman overrated? Yes. I'll give you that.

Yeah, fair enough.  Trust me, I am a very realistic homer, but Grossman wasn't as hyped as everyone thinks.  People were hoping for the best, but deep down I think all Bears fans knew we had a MAJOR question mark at QB.  You will not win games in the playoffs with inexperienced QBs...let alone one's that didn't play for the first 10 games or whatever it was.  I just don't think they were overrated.  Grossman overrated? Yes.  I'll give you that.

1268269[/snapback]

okay. I completely withdraw my statement on the BEARS being over rated, because lets face it, that's just saying their DEF was over rated, and it simply, was not over rated. I'd dare say the best DEF in 20 years (simply because the rules were in place in 85 that helped DEF out, now, alot of rules favor the offense, and CHI still was smothering)

Grossman was hyped, and we're in agreement. I'm not trying to pick fights, I swear.

good info.

it certainly was NOT particulary crazy to pick the bears. But people wouldn't have picked the bears with Orton, everyone who picked the bears, talked about Rex sparking the offense, and it didn't make sense to me.

If i said i wasn't scared for this game, I'd be lying.

Having said that, I couldn't believe how calm and cool Rex looked. I was almost as shocked as how well Ben did against Indy. Everyone knows Ben is something special, but he looked like an all-pro out there....

1268266[/snapback]

There was a lot of talk here about Rex being a better QB than Orton and that Rex would give us a better chance to win. It didn't take a lot to "spark" the offense after Orton.

You will not win games in the playoffs with inexperienced QBs...

1268269[/snapback]

:D Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Jeff Hostetler. Ben Roethlisberger. :D

It CAN be done, though I don't think anyone who is sane would pin their hopes on it happening.

There was a lot of talk here about Rex being a better QB than Orton and that Rex would give us a better chance to win.  It didn't take a lot to "spark" the offense after Orton.

1268278[/snapback]

the way I looked at, was "can Rex do everything Orton can do? Yes. Can orton do everything Rex can do? hell no, but can Rex do everything they need to win? no"

Grossman was hyped, and we're in agreement. I'm not trying to pick fights, I swear.

1268274[/snapback]

Oh..me neither. I'm just a little on edge after watching Smitty run circles around us all day. THAT was what was talked about here all week in Chicago. All we heard was how we needed to shut down Smitty. I bought in to it thinking they could do that. Well we saw how that worked out. :D

It CAN be done, though I don't think anyone who is sane would pin their hopes on it happening.

1268280[/snapback]

:D good points...real good. However Ben had 14 wins under his belt, Brady had alot as well, not sure of the #, dont care to look it up...but valid points.

Rex however barely had any playing time this season...big differences...

Edited by LooGie

It didn't take a lot to "spark" the offense after Orton.

1268278[/snapback]

:D Yeah, any pass going over 30 yards in the air probably would have done it.

1268280[/snapback]

Very true indeed. I guess I was just thinking about it with this year's playoffs in mind. A lot of first time playoff QBs went down.

Oh..me neither.  I'm just a little on edge after watching Smitty run circles around us all day.  THAT was what was talked about here all week in Chicago.  All we heard was how we needed to shut down Smitty.  I bought in to it thinking they could do that.  Well we saw how that worked out.  :D

1268286[/snapback]

Not sure if he can be stopped. Only way i can think is to shut down Delhomme...because Smitty still ends up wide open..no matter where he is, and those quick passes make up for our lack of running game....he's like a little mini god.