[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MOST OVER RATED TEAM EVER

LooGie

What a stupid post.

The Bears were not over-rated. They played the schedule that was given to them, lost their starting QB in the pre-season, and had a magical run through a less than strong schedule (as it turned out).

As for Grossman: anybody who follows the Bears now understands what he immediately brings to the table over Orton. True, Orton was there to guide them to some victories, but he never did much (a dozen plays) over the course of his time.

Grossman was the starter when they hired Ron Turner. Grossman was the QB when they installed the offense in all the mini camps. Grossman was the guy--they basically looked at what he brought to the table and put in the components. He takes over half of the offensive meetings and lets Turner sit back, because that's how much he's a part of the install that happened earlier this year.

The first drive in the 3rd quarter. That is what a good scheme, with adjustments AND a professional level QB should do. That is what us Bears fans should expect in the future.

To say the Bears were the most over-rated team, and then spouting off "point spread" and "less playing time than a rookie" is just drivel.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:D good points...real good. However Ben had 14 wins under his belt, Brady had alot as well, not sure of the #, dont care to look it up...but valid points.

Rex however barely had any playing time this season...big differences...

1268288[/snapback]

Brady had 11 regular season wins. And you're dead on about Grossman having VERY little playing time this season. The best parallel might have been Jeff Hostetler.

The first drive in the 3rd quarter. That is what a good scheme, with adjustments AND a professional level QB should do. That is what us Bears fans should expect in the future.

To say the Bears were the most over-rated team, and then spouting off "point spread" and "less playing time than a rookie" is just drivel.

1268297[/snapback]

The first 3rd quarter drive was INCREDIBLE. I was biting nails all over the place. Rex delivered. Bears fans have alot to look forward to if that's what they have in store from now, which there's no reason to think they dont.

I have since realized the error of my ways, and stated that I was mostly commenting on the hype that surrounded Grossman going into this game. I felt as though it was ludacris to assume he had ANY chance against that CAR secondary, even though he gave them a much better chance, they still had no chance in my eyes.

Although he did better than I expected, I still felt the need to voice my opinion on the hype. I shouldn't have said BEARS, I should've said BEARS OFFENSE or even just Grossman.

Brady had 11 regular season wins. And you're dead on about Grossman having VERY little playing time this season. The best parallel might have been Jeff Hostetler.

1268307[/snapback]

Hey, Hostetler was THE MAN in Supertechmo Bowl. Back off! :D

Hey, Hostetler was THE MAN in Supertechmo Bowl. Back off!  :D

1268309[/snapback]

All you need to know about the accuracy of Super Tecmo Bowl was that Packers NT Bob Nelson was ridiculously fast off the snap and near unstoppable; I had him at something like 95 sacks one season.

This is the same Bob Nelson who played roughly 2-3 years in the NFL and probably was never even on a Pro Bowl ballot.

All you need to know about the accuracy of Super Tecmo Bowl was that Packers NT Bob Nelson was ridiculously fast off the snap and near unstoppable; I had him at something like 95 sacks one season.

This is the same Bob Nelson who played roughly 2-3 years in the NFL and probably was never even on a Pro Bowl ballot.

1268314[/snapback]

Yeah, not overly accurate, but at the time the best thing going. Actually had a throw-back tourney last week, too much fun. :D

It wasn't the Bears offense, or Rex Grossman that lost the game.

It was the Bears defense, and the simple fact they couldn't stop Smith, and more importantly, couldn't stop Carolina's offense on their back to back TD drives. They have some no name covering Smith and he falls down....touchdown.

They get carved up on the very next series, and this was after the offense did their part and kept them in the game.

So, this argument doesn't wash. 434 yards of total offense is not Rex Grossman's fault. 282 for the Bears more than doubled the output of the Giants last week, and I've never heard anybody say that the Bears offense is so great....correct me if I'm wrong.

Pure drivel.

It wasn't the Bears offense, or Rex Grossman that lost the game.

It was the Bears defense, and the simple fact they couldn't stop Smith, and more importantly, couldn't stop Carolina's offense on their back to back TD drives. They have some no name covering Smith and he falls down....touchdown.

They get carved up on the very next series, and this was after the offense did their part and kept them in the game.

So, this argument doesn't wash. 434 yards of total offense is not Rex Grossman's fault. 282 for the Bears more than doubled the output of the Giants last week, and I've never heard anybody say that the Bears offense is so great....correct me if I'm wrong.

Pure drivel.

1268324[/snapback]

How many times do i have to say it? they had a great game. The DEF is super. Rex is better than Orton. But Rex had no chance against that secondary. No chance, and Jones never had a chance running it. Just like Tiki, just like Shaun next week.

Yeah, not overly accurate, but at the time the best thing going. Actually had a throw-back tourney last week, too much fun.  :D

1268319[/snapback]

Oh, don't get me wrong, I friggin' LOVE Super Tecmo Bowl.

Being a bit of a stat :D I especially loved some of the stat oddities you could pull off - I scored 98 pts in a game, got Bo Jackson 2000 yds rushing on 80 carries, had Roger Craig go for 2000 yds rushing, 1000 yds receiving, took the 1990 Green Bay team (which was totally talent-poor aside from Sharpe) to 79 straight regular season wins and 4 out of 5 Tecmo Bowls, the aforementioned 95 sacks by Bob Nelson....

....good times, good times. :D

Ahhh....Tecmo Bowl.

1268327[/snapback]

Had some great times playing Techmo. Cant even remember how many drunken weekends my friends and I spent playing that game. Simpler times and happy ones :D

Oh, don't get me wrong, I friggin' LOVE Super Tecmo Bowl.

Being a bit of a stat :D I especially loved some of the stat oddities you could pull off - I scored 98 pts in a game, got Bo Jackson 2000 yds rushing on 80 carries, had Roger Craig go for 2000 yds rushing, 1000 yds receiving, took the 1990 Green Bay team (which was totally talent-poor aside from Sharpe) to 79 straight regular season wins and 4 out of 5 Tecmo Bowls, the aforementioned 95 sacks by Bob Nelson....

....good times, good times. :D

1268333[/snapback]

I won the Sb with EVERY team EXCEPT NE. Steve Grogan just couldnt get it done :D

My favorite team was the Chiefs, Christian Okoye was UNSTOPPABLE! Not to mention nobody EVER covered Rob Thomas :D

Edited by Gdawg

that Grossman/CHI was over rated. I didn't get into any mud slinging matches all week. I offered an honest analysis, an objective analysis, if i do say so myself, but I never slang mud.

CAR earns their way to the NFC championship game, and I feel i have a right to voice my opinion, just like EVERYONE ELSE on here, and everyone gets bent out of shape. it just cracks me up....

tell me what wasn't valid about my point Darin? i beg you. Debate with me. Don't act like a punk, just offer valid points, and I'll debate fairly...like i always do.

Re-read my posts, you'll see, I never sling mud, I debate with an objective point of view.

1268170[/snapback]

So when CAR loses everyone can say Dellhome sucks and that they are overrated and have been overrated all year...??....According to your logic all teams are overrated unless they win the SB....

How bout the 05' Indianapolis Colts? The supposedly "greatest team ever". Cept everyone forgot one important factor, Peyton Manning is there qb. There must have been something on the line or something yesterday cuz Peyton was choking. Any team that gets compared to the greatest of all time, gets the bill for being most overrated IMO, if they lose in the divisional playoffs.

If the Bears are the most overrated team you've ever seen, then I hope you had a good time watching your first football game ever.  Give me a break.  Most overrated team ever?  Thats your valid point?  Valid?  Hardly.

1268182[/snapback]

Ralph, what's up? I've always thought of you as Barney. Now you've gone and changed your picture and it's throwing me off. :D