[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bon Jovi in Concert

Swampnuts

I should probably use my alias for this admission, but I have seen both Hootie and the Blowfish and Alanis Morissette in concert.

1274836[/snapback]

I don't have an alias :D

I have seen Alanis also. Would probably rank right ahead (behind?) Aerosmith as the 3rd worst concert I have ever seen.

Had to been after 85 when I moved to Syr and before 87 when I started dating my wife, saw them at a bar in Syracuse. Annoyed the heck out of me when he threw in some reference to talking to Dee Synder and Dee complaining about the support beam in the middle of the stage.

Nothing worse than a name dropping wanna-bee. Especially when its that name you're dropping.

Did have a hard time hearing in my right ear for a few days after that though. Good stage presence, but Lord was I toasted.

I don't have an alias   :D

I have seen Alanis also.  Would probably rank right ahead (behind?) Aerosmith as the 3rd worst concert I have ever seen.

1275401[/snapback]

My worst would have been Joan Jett. My fanstasies have never involved chicks in black leather since. :D

Edited by DKF

I would rather see Bon Jovi than Aerosmith.

But I would rather have a root canal than see Bon Jovi.

Enjoy.  :D

1274304[/snapback]

No way!

I have seen Alanis also.  Would probably rank right ahead (behind?) Aerosmith as the 3rd worst concert I have ever seen.

1275401[/snapback]

My worst would have been Joan Jett.

1276213[/snapback]

The absolute worst "concert" that I have ever seen, and I use that term lightly here, was Molly Hatchet sometime around 1997 or 1998. It was a total accident that I saw them, me and a group of friends went to this dive bar in Honolulu called Gussie L'amours. It was on a Wednesday night, and they usually had chicks oil wrestling on Wednesdays.

There was a bouncer at the door checking IDs (normal) and he tried to charge us $10 each to get in (abnormal), and we were like, "Since when do you guys have a cover charge?" He replied that it was only for that night since they had the "legendary heavy metal band, Molly Hatchet playing." :D

My friends and I all looked at each other, looked back at the guy and said, "No oil wrestling tonight?" and the dude was like, "Nope, Molly Hatchet, 10 bucks." We all turned around and started to leave, and the bouncer called us back, and told us to just go in and forget about the cover charge. I swear, we went in the place - and it was a fairly large bar - and there was like 10-15 people in there that night. We had a couple of beers, played a couple of games of pool, and listened to Molly Hatchet just absolutely destroy a couple of Jimi Hendrix tunes - man were they just god-awful - and then we left. It was definitely the worst that I have seen, and with some of the others that I've already mentioned, that is saying something.

Edited by Skrappy1

I should probably use my alias for this admission, but I have seen both Hootie and the Blowfish and Alanis Morissette in concert.

1274836[/snapback]

1275401[/snapback]

I took my then 14 year old daughter to see Alanis Morissette and I thought she was great. :D

I saw Bon Jovi back in, must have been 85 or 86. Whitesnake opened, then Bon Jovi came on, followed by the headliner-----Quiet Riot???? :doah:

Quiot Riot suck-diddly-ucked! We left after 4 songs.

I also saw Ratt 3 times, and they kicked a$$ every concert.

Had to been after 85 when I moved to Syr and before 87 when I started dating my wife, saw them at a bar in Syracuse. Annoyed the heck out of me when he threw in some reference to talking to Dee Synder and Dee complaining about the support beam in the middle of the stage.

Nothing worse than a name dropping wanna-bee. Especially when its that name you're dropping.

Did have a hard time hearing in my right ear for a few days after that though. Good stage presence, but Lord was I toasted.

1276208[/snapback]

You still live in Syracuse? I grew up in Syracuse. Live in Rochester now.

I took my then 14 year old daughter to see Alanis Morissette and I thought she was great.  :D

1276722[/snapback]

She stood stage left and sang. She walked over to the right hand side of the stage and sang. She walked over to the left hand side of the stage and sang. Rinse and repeat.

She stood stage left and sang.  She walked over to the right hand side of the stage and sang.  She walked over to the left hand side of the stage and sang.  Rinse and repeat.

1279116[/snapback]

I went to hear her sing. What did you go for? :D