[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bon Jovi in Concert

Swampnuts

I've got to take my wife to Bon Jovi tonight.  He's been her all time favorite celeb.

Anybody ever been to see them in person?  I'll post a review tomorrow!

1273558[/snapback]

Yeah.

Spring of 1987. Cinderella was the opening act.

That's about all I remember.

Yeah.

Spring of 1987.  Cinderella was the opening act.

That's about all I remember.

1273572[/snapback]

Cinderella came into my clothing store in Madison, Wi. in or around 1987. All they were interested in were, and I quote verbatim, "really really tight black pants".

My wife love Bon Jovi...saw them about 5 years ago...great stage presence...good show.

I've got to take my wife to Bon Jovi tonight.  He's been her all time favorite celeb.

Anybody ever been to see them in person?  I'll post a review tomorrow!

1273558[/snapback]

Yep saw them in the early 90's when Skid Row opened up.

Before Skid Row got big.

Good show, I like him. My sister has always been in love with him.

:D  That's pretty much what I was going to say... a little differently, of course... but you get the idea... :oldrazz:

1273626[/snapback]

To put it in context, the next night I was at the same arena to see Dr J's last game in Cleveland.

Saw Bon Jovi back in 85 in Philly, when they opened for.....Ratt.

Then saw him in 87 in Jacksonville Fl (Cinderella opened the show).

I remember the 87 show a bit more cause I went with this girl I knew from school and her boyfriend. The boyfriend left his seat to go to the bathroom/get a drink/whatever, and his girl was all drunk and was asking me to make out with her (guess that was the only way she was gonna do it).

So I did :D

We stopped after a bit, and then like 10 seconds later he comes strolling back to his seat. Yikes....

Edited by bigmike4969

To put it in context, the next night I was at the same arena to see Dr J's last game in Cleveland.

1273661[/snapback]

Gund Arena?

On a tangent, Dr. J was absolutely SICK. He is always "forgotten", to a point, when people discuss the heydays of the NBA with Magic vs. Bird, etc. Dr. J was an incredible NBA player. I was watching some filler show on NBA TV the other night which highlighted that incredible behind-the-backboard and around Kareem shot. :D:D Dude was incredible.

I surprised my wife by taking her to a Bon Jovi concert in 2000. I don't really care too much about them, but she has liked them since she was a teenager so she was pretty happy. (Believe it or not, Bon Jovi still regularly sells out stadiums in Europe). In any case, the concert was reasonably enjoyable (although when Jon Bon Jovi kept referring the audience as "true believers" (apparently meaning that they had never lost their love of big-hair, 80's, New Jersey, rock-and-roll) I felt out of place). My wife did say later though that she doesn't feel the need to seen them again in concert.

All in all, not too bad though. (And I was dead sober.)

:D  :D

Are u going to a couples shower before hand  :D  :D

1273726[/snapback]

I was prepared for this :D

The sacrifices we make for love and "favors". The reward to follow should make up for having to sit through the show. As long as I wear a shaggy wig and let her scream out "Oh John" all night.

Gund Arena? 

On a tangent, Dr. J was absolutely SICK.  He is always "forgotten", to a point, when people discuss the heydays of the NBA with Magic vs. Bird, etc.  Dr. J was an incredible NBA player.  I was watching some filler show on NBA TV the other night which highlighted that incredible behind-the-backboard and around Kareem shot.  :D  :D  Dude was incredible.

1273736[/snapback]

Gund (now known as Quicken Loans Arena or The Q) opened in fall of 1994. Before that we went to the Richfield Coliseum, about 25 minutes southeast of downtown Cleveland. (Actually midway between Cleveland & Akron such that many of the Cavs of that era - Daugherty, Price, Nance - lived in the Akron area).

1987.  Cinderella was the opening act.

1273572[/snapback]

Same here. It was on a New Year's Eve at the Meadowlands, I guess probably 1987-1988. Show was good from what I remember, but then again I was like 13 at the time. If I remember correctly, Cinderella was actually better that night.

I saw them on Long Island in 86 or 87… they opened for Ratt (a totally unappreciated band, imho). Anyway, my friend was a big Ratt fan so I went with him. I didn’t even know who ‘Bon Jovi’ was. Imagine our surprise when the opening band was introduced and the place went nuts!!

I don’t remember much about their set except the slightly overweight and obviously drunk young girl standing behind us screamed “JOHN!” “JOHHHHNNNNN!” the entire time Bon Jovi was on stage… I still can’t believe someone was able to yell that loud for that long and not pass out.

Same here. It was on a New Year's Eve at the Meadowlands, I guess probably 1987-1988. Show was good from what I remember, but then again I was like 13 at the time. If I remember correctly, Cinderella was actually better that night.

1273871[/snapback]

Ah, just did a quick Google search and found this on a timeline on Bon Jovi's website:

1986     Slippery When Wet is released

Bon Jovi sells out homecoming Meadowlands (NJ) for New Year's Eve concert / December 31, 1986

I guess that's the show that I was at, must've been 1986-1987 instead of 1987-1988. :D

Oh, and I also have to add a :D

Edited by Skrappy1

I saw Bon Jovi this summer (I can be excused, since I was getting paid about 20 bucks an hour from 11 am to 10 pm to do so :D ); generally, I wouldn't cross the street to see their pop-rock confections - I don't dislike them, I really have no opinion on them at all - but it was one of those weird shows where all things being equal, the order of the acts should've been reversed. Opener Robert Randolph and the Family Band were amazing, the Goo Goo Dolls were solid and entertaining, and while Bon Jovi hardly sucked, they didn't do much for me.

Of course, to play devil's advocate, this was a middle-of-summer thing well before their current tour started; they may have needed to round into shape, as often happens. Either way, they aren't awful, but if you aren't a fan don't expect to be converted. The real payoff is that by being a trooper your odds of the wife puttin' out that night increase tremendously.

Alright Fans! I'm home from the concert. It was much better than I expected, and the wife went friggin' bonkers. The seats were great ( it was in the new NBA arena ), and we were surrounded by hotties on all sides.

The place was sold out and darn loud. My wife had the time of her life, so if any of you have girlfriends or wive's to take out I'd highly recommend it.

Rating: 7 stars :D

I would rather see Bon Jovi than Aerosmith.

But I would rather have a root canal than see Bon Jovi.

Enjoy.  :D

1274304[/snapback]

Saw Aerosmith at the Joint in the Hard Rock here. Maybe the 2nd worst concert I have ever seen. The worst was Seal.

I would rather see Bon Jovi than Aerosmith.

But I would rather have a root canal than see Bon Jovi.

Enjoy.  :D

1274304[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with this as for the present but I saw them in about 86 or 87 and it was a pretty decent show.

Saw Aerosmith at the Joint in the Hard Rock here.  Maybe the 2nd worst concert I have ever seen.  The worst was Seal.

1274788[/snapback]

I should probably use my alias for this admission, but I have seen both Hootie and the Blowfish and Alanis Morissette in concert.

I'm not proud of it, but there it is, and it feels good to get it off my chest.

Edit: And now that I think of it, Janet Jackson too. :D

Edited by Skrappy1