[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When society made sense....

Wolv

when i was about 12, i was bringing home a 6-pack of Pesi in bottles while on my skateboard, (an old school Tony Alva deck with tracker trucks and kryptonite wheels).

Of course i hit a small stone and landed in the broken glass. I walk in the house bleeding like a stuck pig and my mom grabs the Mechurcrome and squirts it on the gash in my knee and hand. She didn't even bother to take the glass out first!

I don't know what made me pass out, the loss of blood or the shock the little rubber eyedropper introduced to my system! I ended up with 16 stiches from that PLUS a bump on the head when i passed out and hit the floor! :D

remember:

you didn't have to wear a bike helmet unless you were retarded.

hearing aids were the size of tape walkmans (pre-ipods and cd portables) and clipped to your belt while the ear piece connected to it via a cord.

Back in grade school we got spanked by the principle (until 1985)

black people were made fun of on TV (Archie and Mash - remember the black guys name was Spear Chucker) and it was considered funny.

Pac-man was state of the art gaming

You couldn't say a$$, d@mn or bast@rd on tv

at 2am the local stations would show the US flag blowing in the wind while the anthem was playing, then the station would go to static.

Betamax was the Athena

atari 2600 was insane

SuperTV was considered the wave of the future for paid programming

if you didn't own any star wars or G.I. Joes you were lame

Our imaginations were all we needed to have fun

if you putting playing cards on your spokes of your bike, you were cool

robotech was a ground breaking cartoon

dungeons and dragons cartoon was sick as well

saturday mornings were filled with cartoons not this garbage that is on there now

pron was hard to get and if you found some, you held onto it like the golden egg.

i remember that when i was young and had an ear ache, my mom would put a bottle of something in some boiling water to heat it up and then she would put a drop or two of this burning hot stuff in my ear.

was that child abuse or a legitimate medical technique?

A friend of mine and I were on his front side walk pounding wood with claw hammers. We didn't have nails were were just hitting the wood as hard as we could. He rears back over his head with his hammer and goes forward to swing. He came too far forward and hooked the claws in the back of his head and had a 3 inch gash in the back of his head. The chuck was still on the hammer claws. He just got up and went inside. His mother came out and asked me to leave, he needed to go to the doctor.

Society has never made sense ... well exept back in the year 1002 but that was only for about 3 months

1275605[/snapback]

D@mn how many ducks did you shoot in the picture?

And how much did that fish weight you caught on the boat.

Good looking brood you have there.

Where do you live? Looks like good hike/camping/hunting/fishing land there

D@mn how many ducks did you shoot in the picture?

And how much did that fish weight you caught on the boat.

Good looking brood you have there.

Where do you live?  Looks like good hike/camping/hunting/fishing land there

1275618[/snapback]

Yuke is from Western Wisconsin, close to the border with Minnesota. Close enough that he's a Viking, not a Packer.

Indeed times are way different.  If I was starting over I'm not sure that I would even consider bringing children into this world.  I love my kids to death but they don't have a tenth of the life that I had growing up.  It's sad, really. :D

1275472[/snapback]

Out of curiosity, why do you say this?