[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saban said he would give a 1st round pick

Outshined

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/13658526.htm

There are more options with a veteran. Daunte Culpepper, David Carr and Drew Brees all have been rumored as possibly gettable. Each is worth investigating, hard. Miami has strong bargaining options, with the draft's No. 16 overall pick, running back Ricky Williams and (if Owens is acquired) maybe receiver Marty Booker as chips.

I'd give up a first-round pick to land Culpepper, Carr or Brees. I'd only do that to get an in-his-prime QB to whom you'd be comfortable entrusting a good chunk of the franchise's future.

I would not give up C-Pep for a 1st round pick. If Houston traded Carr, they could draft Vince Young.

I can't tell if Saban said this or if this is the writer's opinion....

1276435[/snapback]

That is the writers opinion. If Saban said it, it would be tampering. A head coach of one team cannot comment on a player who is under contract to another team.

I have said it since Day 1, and ill say it once more. Daunte Culpepper is garbage. P.S. I would still like to see Culpepper playing entirely in the nude except for a diaper pinned on him, i think itd be the most natural look for him! He looks like a giant overgrown 1 year old anyhow, might as well show that off!

1277274[/snapback]

Throw in Moss and Owens and you got yourself the making of a great all baby team.

I have said it since Day 1, and ill say it once more. Daunte Culpepper is garbage. He lacks basic coordination skills and often looks completely lost on the football field. He is proof posative of a couple things.

#1 Randy Moss, Cris Carter, and a productive running game can make anyone look like a star.

#2 Scott Linehan came in as the Vikings offense was going down the toilet and saved Culpepper from himself by giving him an offense even a baby could run successfully.

So basically he is proof that either a great offense can still be great with a bad QB surrounded by talent, or a bad QB can be great when he has Randy Moss and great coaching.

No Carter, No Moss, No Linehan . . . . . .  NO DICE FOR DAUNTE ! ! ! ! ! !

P.S. I would still like to see Culpepper playing entirely in the nude except for a diaper pinned on him, i think itd be the most natural look for him! He looks like a giant overgrown 1 year old anyhow, might as well show that off!

1277274[/snapback]

Except for two years ago when Moss was out of the lineup for extended periods of time and Cpep lit it up.

What Cpep needs is discipline - and a coach to hold him accountable.

What Cpep needs is discipline - and a coach to hold him accountable.

1277643[/snapback]

If you find that guy, could you send him to Favre's ranch after he's done with Pep?

A mid-first rounder for a promising, experienced young guy in Carr or one of two established but still young guys who have injury ???s - :D - I've seen worse ideas.

That is the writers opinion.  If Saban said it, it would be tampering.  A head coach of one team cannot comment on a player who is under contract to another team.

1277303[/snapback]

That's what I thought...title of the thread was a little misleading.