[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any architects on board?

theeohiostate

Went ahead and bought a copy of AutoCad............NOW, i'm really confused  :D  Checked out , and they gives classes for this a few miles down the road, looks like i may need to sign up  :D

1281633[/snapback]

But at least now you can hire anybody who knows how to use it. The learning curve is pretty steep, but contrary to popular belief, Acad LT isn't much easier. One 80 contact hour course could get you up to speed. Need some help, let me know.

Sorry for acting like an ass yesterday. I was wrong and I apologize. :D Got a problem w/ my cuz's (the sister I never had) boyfriend. You may be seeing a post in the 'Who do you hate' thread in a few days. :D

Rajn/Aqua.......Yeah, maybe I should have chilled. Thanks for the :D . I deserved and needed it! No dis intended raj! :D

Sorry for acting like an ass yesterday. I was wrong and I apologize.  :D  Got a problem w/ my cuz's (the sister I never had) boyfriend.  You may be seeing a post in the 'Who do you hate' thread in a few days.  :D

Rajn/Aqua.......Yeah, maybe I should have chilled.  Thanks for the  :D .  I deserved and needed it!  No dis intended raj! :D

1282192[/snapback]

Thumbs up for admitting your assisity the other day. :D

I had been mulling in my mind all day long a response to your posts because I thought that a) you were I think pushing a product that you were familiar with and recommended rather than what the poster actually needed (a bit like recommending the Porsche to the guy who needs to get to work and back doing construction in the city) though the copyright heads-up was very very good advice. :D were assuming that people were not heading your advice in terms of copyright (the old when you ASSuME thing) which in fact, as you can see, that was incorrect. But more importantly c)....were not talking like your usual repectable self. I always have you pinned as one of the top 5 huddlers in terms of what you bring to the table and the class you display here. So I was a little surprised. Either way, with what you just said here, you are back on top of the list :D

This being said, I completely agree with you that having all the measurements makes the whole process go faster (since you don't have to guesstimate anything), but since now measurements must be eschewed, I honestly think that a much simpler vectorial/grid program would have been better advice. (just for kicks, I did an aprox plan from the drawing using mspaint and it took me about 15 minutes to reproduce the plan).

Now obviously since he went out and bought the software he is interested in knowing how to do this himself and can foresee future uses, but as the question was posited, I think using more basice tools is an option that could have been discussed without dismissing it out of hand as you did yesterday.

Either way, nice to see that donkeyrockn was just making a brief appeareance yesterday, and that the real robn is back :D

my bad Big John..If i am not mistaken , Greg Brady did want Carol Brady just as bad as Mike did ( saw it it one of those Cable shows that looked at the Brady Bunnch Series )

1281701[/snapback]

Sh*t, Mike wanted Greg more than he wanted Carol. :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

But at least now you can hire anybody who knows how to use it.  The learning curve is pretty steep, but contrary to popular belief, Acad LT isn't much easier. One 80 contact hour course could get you up to speed.  Need some help, let me know.

1281833[/snapback]

I just spoke with my younger brother and he said he had to take some classes in college due to his engineering major. Hopefully he's not to rusty and can point me in the right direction.