[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S. Alexander

steeler

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steeler defense is one of the fastest in the NFL, and they play the 3-4.  Seattle had trouble in their only game this year against a team that plays the 3-4, in Dallas.  Should be very interesting.  If they hold him under 100 yds, I can't see how the Steelers can't win.

1285366[/snapback]

Agree, I think Alex needs to come up big-n-tough for the hawks to have any chance.

Throwing out the GB game, the Hawks road wins came against teams with a combined record of 25-55.  Their losses came against teams with a combined record of 32-10.  They are obviously a different team away from home so this is a very interesting stat to me.

1293308[/snapback]

Steeler, is this really the road you wanna take? After siting fact after fact about what pretenders the Hawks are, you are going to feel even MORE miserable if the Steelers lose to them. It's a lot easier to take a beating if you at least RESPECT your foe :D

Agree, I think Alex needs to come up big-n-tough for the hawks to have any chance.

1294075[/snapback]

This is pure comedy. I realize we are tucked up in the corner, way up by sucky but have you all watched this team play? Amazing to me-

I think Kimo needs to roll up on Palmers leg for the Steelers to have any chance against Cincy.

I am coming around actaully- I think this years Steelers team may be one of the best all around teams I have seen in years. :D

Steeler, is this really the road you wanna take? After siting fact after fact about what pretenders the Hawks are, you are going to feel even MORE miserable if the Steelers lose to them.  It's a lot easier to take a beating if you at least RESPECT your foe :D

1294598[/snapback]

I didn't say the Hawks were pretenders; they have a great record, a great offense, and they deserve to be there. But there is no denying (by any reasonable person) that the Steelers opponents in the regular season AND the playoffs were more formidable. What's wrong with pointing out those facts :D

And yes, this is the path I want to take because I think the Steelers will win.

Finally, the Seahawks are not my foe... so my underestimating them or whatever will have no effect on the game. As long as the Steelers don't take them lightly, and don't have a ton of turnovers, I believe they will win.

I am not a fan of Hasselbeck's but he has shown that he can win games without Alexander.  Alexander might get stuffed a lot at the line, but Hasselbeck should be able to keep the offense moving well enough through the air, to allow Alexander to eventually break off a couple of long runs.

1291648[/snapback]

Exactly. I love the debates, that is what it is all about, but I think that both these offense have proven throughout this season, that if you shut down one portion, the other can beat you. As a Steeler fan, despite my confidence in the Steeler defense right now, this Seahawk offense is scary. Shaun Alexander, Mack Strong, and the offensive line are top-notch. You don't accomplish what they have this season without being extremely talented. Hasselbeck has grown every year, and they are deep at Wide Receiver, with two awesome former Nittany Lions in their.

The Steelers offense has proven that if you keep the d-backs back, they will run on you, even if it is at the end of the game when the other team knows it is coming. Their offense line can get it done, and Dan Kreider is the most under-rated player on this team. The end of the season has proven that Roethlisberger has grown to the point that if you dare him to pass and beat you, he has what it takes to do it.

I truly think this is going to be a great one. I give the Steelers the edge, of course, because I think they will make a few more big plays on defense, but I'm looking forward to one hell of a football game that lives up to the hype.

Sweski, Swerski, Swerski- hmmm- One thing you fail to realize is those teams you listed- only Indy & Jax have solid Defenses- Cincy, NE, and later SD all had porr D's. Even in the playoffs- Wash, Car are both TOP 10 D's. How is a team that averages 28/game, and just DESTROYED the NFL's #3 Defense- not get any credit?? It is a given the AFC was stronger- fine- but at the same time the NFC had 7 OF THE TOP 10 D'S IN THE NFL.  Granted not 100% accurate because of scheduling- but still needs to be noted. UNREAL- they have been the best offense all year with their #1 WR out most of the year. I mean, I am being a homer that they will score 28+, but am I really?? I mean what is so hard to believe that they won't?? tell me. please. Please do not reference the Cin game either b/c if Palmer doesn go out on that freak roll by Kimo- Cin scores 30+ and rolls up 450 yds of offense. They resemble Seattle in that they are balanced nicely in run/pass- only thing is - they aren't as good.

So,

combine that with indoors/field turf and an o/u that has CLIMBED to 47.5- am guessing I am not the only that sees Seattle putting some points up.........

You documented your 23 call very nicely- I happend to agree +1 TD= 30  :D

1292413[/snapback]

I don't mind your argument, but would you PLEASE stop using the statement that IF Carson Palmer doesn't get injnured the Bengals score 30+ and rolls up more than 450 Yards. Palmer played two plays, and yes, on was a long pass, but you are speculating, and using speculation as part of your argument is simply ridiculous.

After reading this whole thread for about the 3rd time... I am still confused.

Is this thread about Alexander or Seattle vs Pittsburgh?

So far I have gleaned from this thread:

Alexander does NOT, nor does any RB ever in history, have a 'nose for the end zone'.

Seattle cannot score more than 1, maybe a longshot 2, TD's against arguably the best team to come down the pike in many a year.

No successful RB in history was worth spit. It is only the FB and O-line that is worth spit.

Alexander becomes a different RB when inside the ten yard line.

Alexander has what is now known as the mythical 'nose for the end zone' syndrome.

Seattle played such an easy sked that not only is Alexander just lucky but Seattle shouldn't even show up since for the SB since they obviously cannot keep up with not only Pitt but the super dominate AFC.

Seattle is mediocre at best.

The NFC sucks and has no team worth noting.

The AFC is so far superior to the NFC they shouldn't even have to show up to win the SB.

Calling someone great while running them down seems like a backhanded compliment to me.

Lot of interesting arguments on both sides. I will continue to monitor just so I can see if it is finally laid to rest whether the 'nose' exists or not. :D

1293472[/snapback]

You are awesome Sky, but you keep painting with a very broad brush with this "Who is Seattle", "Seattle is disrespected", and "Seattle has no chance, weak schedule, etc, etc"

I'm watching a lot of the media things going on, for obvious reason, and though the Steelers seem to be the lead story due to the Bettis and Cowher angles, I see a lot of people predicting a great game, picking Seattle to win, and expecting a phenomenal game.

There may be Steeler fans putting down Seattle, and expecting us to cruise to a victory (I've heard a few on the radio, and it makes me cringe), but, the Steeler fans that I know and talk to fully respect the Seahawks, are completely aware that they are talented enough to win this game, and expect it to be a phenomenal game. I'm also pretty confident that the Steelers are giving the Seahawks all the credit they deserve, based on things I've read and heard from this team. These Steelers have been upset enough times through the last 10 years, that they certainly aren't going to overlook the Seahawks in the biggest game of their lives. I simply can't wait for Sunday, not only because it is the Steelers, because I expect it to be one hell of a football game.

I wish the Seahawks woulda been a #6 seed in the NFC so they coulda impressed more Steeler fans. Nah...nevermind.

1294059[/snapback]

Try to keep in mind a lot of your arguments about the Seahawks are with "Non-Steeler" fans.

This is pure comedy. I realize we are tucked up in the corner, way up by sucky but have you all watched this team play? Amazing to me-

I think Kimo needs to roll up on Palmers leg for the Steelers to have any chance against Cincy. 

I am coming around actaully- I think this years Steelers team may be one of the best all around teams I have seen in years. :D

1294621[/snapback]

Once again the Kimo thing. :D Also, a lot of your arguing is with non-Steeler fans. Most Steeler fans, and from what I've seen all of their players know that they are playing clearly the BEST team in the NFC, and one of the BEST in the NFL, with a chance to prove they are the Best next Sunday. The "disrespected Seahawks" thing is getting a bit over-played.

Try to keep in mind a lot of your arguments about the Seahawks are with "Non-Steeler" fans.

1294905[/snapback]

The Steelers are way better than both Washington and Carolina... plus the Seabags will be playing away from home where they are medicore at best.

1293310[/snapback]

You are awesome Sky, but you keep painting with a very broad brush with this "Who is Seattle", "Seattle is disrespected", and "Seattle has no chance, weak schedule, etc, etc"

1294904[/snapback]

LOL Just regurgitating what is being posted by others. (Not you.) I don't believe any of that crap.... just setting down what is being said in some sort of order. Just wanting to make sure I have it all down so I don't misunderstand. :D

I don't mind your argument, but would you PLEASE stop using the statement that IF Carson Palmer doesn't get injnured the Bengals score 30+ and rolls up more than 450 Yards.  Palmer played two plays, and yes, on was a long pass, but you are speculating, and using speculation as part of your argument is simply ridiculous.

1294891[/snapback]

Any prediction is speculation. If someone predicts Palmer, if not injured puts up 30+ points, it's speculation. If you believe Pitt will win a hard fought game that's speculation. Debating about anything that may have happened or is going to happen is "speculation". So in essence you are doing exactly as he and anyone else that makes a prediction. So his argument isn't rediculous. :D

Any prediction is speculation. If someone predicts Palmer, if not injured puts up 30+ points, it's speculation. If you believe Pitt will win a hard fought game that's speculation. Debating about anything that may have happened or is going to happen is "speculation". So in essence you are doing exactly as he and anyone else that makes a prediction. So his argument isn't rediculous. :D

1295052[/snapback]

He has brought up the fact that the Bengals WOULD have scored 35+ points and 450+ yards in a game that was played in the past and using it as a fact in his arguments. There is a big difference, and he has done it multiple times.

He has brought up the fact that the Bengals WOULD have scored 35+ points and 450+ yards in a game that was played in the past and using it as a fact in his arguments.  There is a big difference, and he has done it multiple times.

1295056[/snapback]

Relax Menudo- I used as a fact?? :D um, no I just believe Cin would have moved the ball well with Palmer under center. No too much of a stretch really considering the previous game, Rudy was running effectively and Palmer having an MVP type season. Any Steeler fan has to admit they let out huge sigh of relief seeing Palmer go out, come on now. At any rate it doesn't matter- SB XL is coming, Steelers are getting all the love, Sea needs the game of their lives to have a chance.

Seriously- both teams are playing at a high level, and it should be a great game.

Hawks have the advantage offensively, while Pitt has the edge on D.

He has brought up the fact that the Bengals WOULD have scored 35+ points and 450+ yards in a game that was played in the past and using it as a fact in his arguments.  There is a big difference, and he has done it multiple times.

1295056[/snapback]

Well then, I guess you've got a point. My bad. :D

Relax Menudo- I used as a fact?? :D  um, no I just believe Cin would have moved the ball well with Palmer under center. No too much of a stretch really considering the previous game, Rudy was running effectively and Palmer having an MVP type season.  Any Steeler fan has to admit they let out huge sigh of relief seeing Palmer go out, come on now. At any rate it doesn't matter- SB XL is coming, Steelers are getting all the love, Sea needs the game of their lives to have a chance.

Seriously- both teams are playing at a high level, and it should be a great game.

Hawks have the advantage offensively, while Pitt has the edge on D.

1295063[/snapback]

No big deal, you've used in several times in arguments against the Steelers defense, and I think using 'could have's' or 'would have's' in arguments is silly. Going to be a great game, good luck. :D

I didn't say the Hawks were pretenders; they have a great record, a great offense, and they deserve to be there.  But there is no denying (by any reasonable person) that the Steelers opponents in the regular season AND the playoffs were more formidable.  What's wrong with pointing out those facts :D

1294825[/snapback]

Thank you. :D

Nobody's trying to disrespect the Seahawks. They're an excellent team and deserve to be in the SB. But it's absolutely ridiculous to assume that they're automatically going to score 28+ against the Steelers just because they were able to do it against inferior teams in the NFC playoffs.

It'll be a good game. I'm looking forward to it. :D