[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some News outta Atlanta.

PantherDave

I was heading back to the Casa, and had my radio tuned to ESPN Radio, and it is being said/reported that Atlanta would like Vick to become a more complete passer(of the football), as Vicks 4 yr avg has him ranked #21 vs starters with equal time, granted he missed alot of 2003 with the broken leg, but it appears the honeymoon may be over? No? Shaub looking good in some Dynasties perhaps??Peace PD.

Zero chance that Vick ever is sat in favor of Schaub. Vick is one of the highest paid players in the game.

1287929[/snapback]

So my only chance of ever using Schuab is if Vick gets hurt?

Since I don't root for that kind of thing I guess Schuab is just taking up space on my roster. *sigh* He had such promise too. :D

I can see DMD's point, but I think the lustre is definently starting to fade now-hype can get you but so far.

1287971[/snapback]

You're trying to make me think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, aren't you?

:D

You're trying to make me think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, aren't you?

:D

1287975[/snapback]

Hey, the Cat's are golfing and fishing,so it's time to tease and conjecture for the next 7 months, but I personally thing the end is near for the Vick experience, I'm not sure the length of Shaubs contract, but I'd bet the Dolphins, Ravens and Vikings would get in line right now, but hey if ya got him contracted out long enough-he may pay hugh in another uniform?

Edited by PantherDave

Hey, the Cat's are golfing and fishing,so it's time to tease and conjecture for the next 7 months, but I personally thing the end is near for the Vick experience, I'm not sure the length of Shaubs contract, but I'd bet the Dolphins, Ravens and Vikings would get in line right now, but hey if ya got him contracted out long enough-he may pay hugh in another uniform?

1287986[/snapback]

Think that Atl let's Vick go before they let Schuab go. He must have a few more years left on his rookie contract that pays peanuts.

Is Vicks money guaranteed?

Think that Atl let's Vick go before they let Schuab go. He must have a few more years left on his rookie contract that pays peanuts.

Is Vicks money guaranteed?

1288001[/snapback]

I don't know the first thing about there contracts, but the Falcon org can not be blind to what us pigskin lovers clearly see-Shaub is the best QB on their roster. I'm an NC State Alum, and I was impressed with him coming outta UVa.

I don't know the first thing about there contracts, but the Falcon org can not be blind to what us pigskin lovers clearly see-Shaub is the best QB on their roster. I'm an NC State Alum, and I was impressed with him coming outta UVa.

1288010[/snapback]

I don't think they give a rat's ass that you or any other fan might think Shaub is better ... it's about the bottom line ... and Vick puts butts in seats.

Personally, I hope the Falcons stick with Vick and I hope he continues to suck. And here's why:

I used to be a retailing industry analyst for a Wall Street firm and Home Depot was one of the stocks I covered. When I first picked up coverage of the stock, I set up a meeting with Arthur Blank and a few other company executives. The day before I was supposed to go down to Atlanta, Blank has his secretary call me and tells me that he has to go out of town - but that he has arranged for me to meet with one of his underlings. So I'm pissed, but I have to go anyway. Then, I'm sitting there meeting with the underling when who sticks his head in the door? Arthur Friggin Blank. And he pulls the underling out of the meeting and leaves me sitting there alone! Bastage.

I covered the stock for several years and met with Blank many times after that, but that first meeting set a bad tone and I always felt he was a slippery character.

I covered the stock for several years and met with Blank many times after that, but that first meeting set a bad tone and I always felt he was a slippery character.

1288035[/snapback]

Blank looks like a slippery character. Vick put's butts in the seats, gets the Falcons media hype like no other player and has a tendency to win more than he loses.

I don't think they give a rat's ass that you or any other fan might think Shaub is better ... it's about the bottom line ... and Vick puts butts in seats.

1288015[/snapback]

Also, on that note, I believe the NFL DC have for the most part figured out how to play Vick-thanks in large part to Gruden. So, while he may put "butts in seat" right now-fan's want winning season and deep PO runs and SB appearances. Vick has been exposed and his strengths negatted, so-ride the hype they most likely will, but the end is near.

Edited by PantherDave

Also, on that note, I believe the NFL DC have for the most part figured out how to play Vick-thanks in large part to Gruden. So, while he may put "butts in seat" right now-fan's want winning season and deep PO runs and SB appearances. Vick has been exposed and his strengths negatted, so-ride the hype they most likely will, but the end is near.

1288076[/snapback]

Kind of how Seattle has now shown the NFL DC's how to cover Steve Smith thus shutting down the rest of the entire Panthers offense.

Kind of how Seattle has now shown the NFL DC's how to cover Steve Smith thus shutting down the rest of the entire Panthers offense.

1288108[/snapback]

Superb job I'd say on Smitty, but most likely showed Hurney more than anything what needs to be done, but Drew Carter will be ready next year, so no worries here-fantastic bait by the way :D .