[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pa. student humiliated over Broncos jersey

whitem0nkey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, very interesting story. Being a teacher myself, I will have to say that the teacher was WAY out of line. Way out. I can tell you, I'd be fired if that was me. It's one thing to give the students some good natured ribbing, but nothing like this. Heck, I give all the Packer fans at my school a little trouble when I see a Favre jersey, but it's all in good fun. (This was the first year in a while I could actually give it out instead of taking it). I'll just say something like, "How'd those Packers do?" or "Nice RBs you have up there." Something along those lines. This teacher was very wrong.

The teacher is responsible for his actions.

The other students are responsible for theirs.

If I choose to walk down a Harlem street naked except for a poster stating (someone else's) thoughts about racial equality, am I not responsible for the reaction that I get from others?

If they break the law, they are liable for their actions. I am still responsible for mine. This kid is no different.

Edited by DKF

The teacher is responsible for his actions.

The other students are responsible for theirs.

If I choose to walk down a Harlem street naked except for a poster stating (someone else's) thoughts about racial equality, am I not responsible for the reaction that I get from others?

If they break the law, they are liable for their actions. I am still responsible for mine. This kid is no different.

1290028[/snapback]

Did the student "break the law"???

He wore a jersey that was meant to elicit reactions like Ralph Furley described in his post. A little trash talk, and little "good-natured" ribbing. But not abuse and anger like the teacher exhibited...

Did the student "break the law"???

He wore a jersey that was meant to elicit reactions like Ralph Furley described in his post.  A little trash talk, and little "good-natured" ribbing.  But not abuse and anger like the teacher exhibited...

1290052[/snapback]

If you intentionally incite people, who are you to determine what their response should be? :D

So I suppose you support the Raider fans (not all, but I have heard stories) that beat the crap out of other fans that wear opposing colors to the stadium??

1290076[/snapback]

What I said is that people are responsible for their own actions.

A teacher in a position of authority who abuses a student should be fired.

A Raiders fan who assualts a citizen should be jailed for assualt.

A Broncos fan wearing a Broncos jersey, has no right to cry about being spit on and say "It was done playfully, I only expected to be boo-ed".

Each person has to bear the burden of their actions, which doe not include the right to dicate the actions of others. :D

Edited by DKF

what a bunch of friggin' :D:D:D

kid is 17 for Chr#st sake, wear colors from a upcoming opponent before a hugh game and you better know what you're getting into, believe me I've done it and knew going in that the results might not be pretty :D

I read the whole thread and quotes of the incident. There wasn't a quote from anyone other than the kid that I read. Think there's a possibility he's exaggerating a tad? I find it hard to believe a teacher would put himself in that position. I've had my share of razzing from a teacher or coach but, it was all in fun. There's probably another side to the story like, mommy or daddy is into litigation or a bleeding heart liberal that read too many Dr. Spock books and thinks their little boy does no wrong. I'd wait for the other shoe to drop before condemning the teacher. :D

I read the whole thread and quotes of the incident. There wasn't a quote from anyone other than the kid that I read. Think there's a possibility he's exaggerating a tad? I find it hard to believe a teacher would put himself in that position. I've had my share of razzing from a teacher or coach but, it was all in fun. There's probably another side to the story like, mommy or daddy is into litigation or a bleeding heart liberal that read too many Dr. Spock books and thinks their little boy does no wrong. I'd wait for the other shoe to drop before condemning the teacher. :D

1291032[/snapback]

I can get with that...that is true, all we do hear from is the student...but if that story (the more detailed one) is true, the teach has got to go...

Not sure how rooting for your team is "intentionally push people's buttons".

This is as stupid as the fans that want to fight because their team lost.

Guess you're one of those...

1291227[/snapback]

Rooting for your team when you are in the minority is a right. It also entails risk. That risk is that there are pyscho in every majority. He accepted that risk by rooting for his team.

And what part of 'if a fan assaults a citizen he should be prosecuted' was too complicated for you to understand? :D

Just another case of coddling children and helping them ruin their lives. :D

What I said is that people are responsible for their own actions.

A teacher in a position of authority who abuses a student should be fired.

A Raiders fan who assualts a citizen should be jailed for assualt.

A Broncos fan wearing a Broncos jersey, has no right to cry about being spit on and say "It was done playfully, I only expected to be boo-ed".

Each person has to bear the burden of their actions, which doe not include the right to dicate the actions of others.  :D

1290154[/snapback]

By your logic, a woman who wears something sexy, but not overtly so, that turns a man on to the point that he rapes her bears the burden of responsibility for his hanous action?

We all should be responsible for our actions, but when the teachers reaction went over the line we should not point at the student and say, "Stop crying, you should be prepared for your teacher to react unprofessionally, make you feel small around your peers, treat you differently than everybody else and generally persecute you."

To take it to an extreme, what would be your reaction if someone had hospitalized or even killed the boy? Should he expect such a response and be responsible for that?

Nobody deserves persecution for showing support of a football team even if it is the Broncos! (I'm a Chiefs fan :D )

By your logic, a woman who wears something sexy, but not overtly so, that turns a man on to the point that he rapes her bears the burden of responsibility for his hanous action?

We all should be responsible for our actions, but when the teachers reaction went over the line we should not point at the student and say, "Stop crying, you should be prepared for your teacher to react unprofessionally, make you feel small around your peers, treat you differently than everybody else and generally persecute you."

To take it to an extreme, what would be your reaction if someone had hospitalized or even killed the boy? Should he expect such a response and be responsible for that?

Nobody deserves persecution for showing support of a football team even if it is the Broncos! (I'm a Chiefs fan  :D )

1291296[/snapback]

Couldnt agree more. In fact I was about to post roughly the same analogy :D

Nobody deserves persecution for showing support of a football team even if it is the Broncos! (I'm a Chiefs fan  :D )

1291296[/snapback]

:D What language would you like me to type in since you obviously do not understand English?

I clearly stated that the teacher should be fired. I clearly stated that anyone who harms another human should be incarcerated.

In your analogy, a women dressing sexy is doing so be be looked at and admired. It is my right to do so since she is doing so in a public area. If I choose to rape her then I am breaking a law, I should thereby be precsecuted. I am responsible for my actions. Again clearly stated.

It is not her right to say "I chose to dress sexy and he had to right to look at my breasts through my see through blouse." :D I am clearly breaking no laws. She has no right to dictate to me how I am supposed to respond to a see through blouse. In as such as I am not breaking a law.

Please state what language you would like this reposted in. :D

Clearly stated, he dressed to provoke a reaction. The teacher violated the authority of the position, and should be fired. In dressing to provoke a reaction it is not his right to set limits to that reaction. Get the teacher fired, since the teacher is accountable for his actions, quit crying and get on with your life.

Edited by DKF

Seems a large leap on your part.  How do you presume to know what his intent was?  Occurs to me he was simply supporting his team.

1291433[/snapback]

Making excuses for people's poor judgement does not help a person develop good judgement. :D

Think about this logically

1 ) I am in high school :D

2 ) I live in an area that has a strong support for the local team (Pittsburgh) :D

3 ) I like the Broncos :D

4 ) If I wear a Broncos jersey, so of the more die-hard fans may not like it. :D

5 ) Gee I wonder if they would point at me and say 'aw, isn't that cute, tee-hee'? :D

If the boy cannot come to those simple conclusions that he needs to stay in school a few more years.

Edited by DKF

Making excuses for people's poor judgement does not help a person develop good judgement. :D

1291477[/snapback]

I didn't make an excuse, I simply pointed out that you have no idea why he wore the jersey.

Speaking of poor judgement...lol...I have actually deliberatly worn my AVs jersey to a Wing's game at the Joe with no adverse affects. It's just a game.

If you're a shucksty person then you're a shucksty person. In my opinion it's no more or no less.

Speaking of poor judgement...lol...I have actually deliberatly worn my AVs jersey to a Wing's game at the Joe with no adverse affects.  It's just a game.

1291493[/snapback]

What was that line from the movie???

"Stupid is as Stupid does" :D

Edited by DKF