[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pa. student humiliated over Broncos jersey

whitem0nkey

Nope, just a fact.

I thought it was a big deal since I'm from Colorado.

1291508[/snapback]

There is no problem with exercising your freedom of expression. All I am saying that if someone choose to accidently dump a beer on you, its your problem, no need to cry about it.

In your case nothing happened, good for you. In his case, people overreacted.

Poor judgment is still poor judgement regardless of the net result.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no problem with exercising your freedom of expression. All I am saying that if someone choose to accidently dump a beer on you, its your problem, no need to cry about it.

In your case nothing happened, good for you. In his case, people overreacted.

Poor judgment is still poor judgement regardless of the net result.

1291517[/snapback]

I didn't say nothing happened.

I agree with your position in general.

However, not in the case of an under aged person, especially in an educational setting where there is obviously an "authoritative" individual involved.

We are actually on the same page...I didn't read any articles or whatever links were posted...if he was whinning and what not then I agree....there's no excuse for not being a man.

I have a lot more I could say, but as the cheezehead would say.....take it to the Tailgate. :D

:D What language would you like me to type in since you obviously do not understand English?

I clearly stated that the teacher should be fired. I clearly stated that anyone who harms another human should be incarcerated.

In your analogy, a women dressing sexy is doing so be be looked at and admired. It is my right to do so since she is doing so in a public area. If I choose to rape her then I am breaking a law, I should thereby be precsecuted. I am responsible for my actions. Again clearly stated.

It is not her right to say "I chose to dress sexy and he had to right to look at my breasts through my see through blouse." :D I am clearly breaking no laws. She has no right to dictate to me how I am supposed to respond to a see through blouse. In as such as I am not breaking a law.

Please state what language you would like this reposted in. :D

Clearly stated, he dressed to provoke a reaction. The teacher violated the authority of the position, and should be fired. In dressing to provoke a reaction it is not his right to set limits to that reaction. Get the teacher fired, since the teacher is accountable for his actions, quit crying and get on with your life.

1291345[/snapback]

I understand clearly what you are saying, but feel free to translate it into any language you wish. I do believe however, that you are having trouble seeing what several people are trying to get to understand. We do not know the intent of the student was in wearing the shirt, but when the response by the teacher went over the line he had every right to complain. You are wrong in saying that the student has no right to set limits on the teachers reaction. This all falls under Defamation of Character and persons in this country are protected from this by law. His attempts to receive some form of justice, or even just be heard, for the acts perpetrated on him by his teacher do not make him irresponsible.

I understand clearly what you are saying, but feel free to translate it into any language you wish. I do believe however, that you are having trouble seeing what several people are trying to get to understand. We do not know the intent of the student was in wearing the shirt, but when the response by the teacher went over the line he had every right to complain. You are wrong in saying that the student has no right to set limits on the teachers reaction. This all falls under Defamation of Character and persons in this country are protected from this by law. His attempts to receive some form of justice, or even just be heard, for the acts perpetrated on him by his teacher do not make him irresponsible.

1291681[/snapback]

Please read the story and then research the definition of Defamation of Character.

The Bronco's were defamed, not the child. And for that matter, defaming a Bronco's fan is the equivilent of saying that Raiders' fans have no moral character. If its true, its true. That does not make it defamation. You have to have character in order to be defamed.

Secondly, I never stated the his attempt to get the teacher fired was irresponsbile. I have stated very clearly that the teacher should be fired. What I stated was that his behavior in wearing that shirt was an exercise in poor judgement.

In the future, make sure that you brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

Please read the story and then research the definition of Defamation of Character.

The Bronco's were defamed, not the child. And for that matter, defaming a Bronco's fan is the equivilent of saying that Raiders' fans have no moral character. If its true, its true. That does not make it defamation. You have to have character in order to be defamed.

Secondly, I never stated the his attempt to get the teacher fired was irresponsbile. I have stated very clearly that the teacher should be fired. What I stated was that his behavior in wearing that shirt was an exercise in poor judgement.

In the future, make sure that you brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

1291835[/snapback]

Somehow in all of this your feeble mind has missed the fact that NOBODY has asserted that you thought the teacher is without blame and should not be fired. You keep bringing that up. We all get it.

You are obviously as easy to upset as the 17 year old boy in the article so accept your poor judgement and stop crying. :D:D:D

Somehow in all of this your feeble mind has missed the fact that NOBODY has asserted that you thought the teacher is without blame and should not be fired. You keep bringing that up. We all get it.

You are obviously as easy to upset as the 17 year old boy in the article so accept your poor judgement and stop crying.  :D:D  :D

1291856[/snapback]

::D