[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Gun 2

MojoMan

the whole idea, man, is subversion. You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fliping scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

Top Gun is fliping great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots. It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man.

You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fliping line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie...

He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the flip, what the flip is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'm do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it.

All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fliping force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fliping land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fliping line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! flipin' A, man!

Edited by Chavez

the whole idea, man, is subversion. You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest fliping scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.

Top Gun is fliping great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots. It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man.

You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the fliping line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.

Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie...

He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to have sex, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't have sex. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the flip, what the flip is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'm do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it.

All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting fliping force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they fliping land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last fliping line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! flipin' A, man!

1294751[/snapback]

:D:D:D chavez

Like I said in the original post, they could have used Tom Skerrit's statement to Mav when they were ordered to the Indian Ocean toward the end of the movie.

"And Mav, if, when you get there, they can't get you a [back seat driver], call me, I'll [ride] you." Brackets are as originally written.

1294751[/snapback]

Chavez! You plaigarist! Originally written by Roger Avary. Still funny though.

Chavez!  You plaigarist!  Originally written by Roger Avary.  Still funny though.

1294869[/snapback]

Besides, I think it's pretty obvious that the bit is simply NOT written in my style.

Though I can write a mean Hunter S Thompson riff. :D