[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final SB Trivia Q

MikesVikes

Baltimore Colts and Indianapolis Colts are the same franchise.  All Baltimore Colts records are in the NFL (under Indianapolis)  and Indianapolis Colts record books. . . . . .

1296533[/snapback]

I was just wondering the same thing... Thanks for confirming.

Baltimore Colts and Indianapolis Colts are the same franchise.  All Baltimore Colts records are in the NFL (under Indianapolis)  and Indianapolis Colts record books. . . . . .

1296533[/snapback]

I mean no offense to you Hook, or to any of the other Indy Colt fans, but I have to tell you, that galls us beyond expression here in Baltimore.

1296533[/snapback]

Not all records.....Johnny U had all of his records removed from the Indianapolis Colts record books.

Not all records.....Johnny U had all of his records removed from the Indianapolis Colts record books.

1297283[/snapback]

Uhh, no, he didn't. I'm looking in the Colts record book right now. He is on top of almost all passing statistics. He may have wanted to do that, and for some reason I've heard this before from Baltimore fans, but it is NOT true.

Uhh, no, he didn't.  I'm looking in the Colts record book right now.  He is on top of almost all passing statistics.  He may have wanted to do that, and for some reason I've heard this before from Baltimore fans, but it is NOT true.

1297786[/snapback]

I believe you are correct, Hook.

Did he really?  He was that upset about the move?  Interesting tidbit...

1297510[/snapback]

Most of the "Old Colts" refused to have anything to do with Bob Irsay once he moved the team. Hell most of 'em didnt want to have anything to do with him while he was here either...

Most of the "Old Colts" refused to have anything to do with Bob Irsay once he moved the team. Hell most of 'em didnt want to have anything to do with him while he was here either...

1297830[/snapback]

Wow...sounds like you guys like the Irsay family about as much as Cleveland likes the Modell's...I remember Cleveland vividly, but the move of the Colts was a little before my time...I have only known them as the Indianapolis Colts...

This has been a nice little history lesson for me :D

Wow...sounds like you guys like the Irsay family about as much as Cleveland likes the Modell's...I remember Cleveland vividly, but the move of the Colts was a little before my time...I have only known them as the Indianapolis Colts...

This has been a nice little history lesson for me  :D

1297902[/snapback]

I think this is one of the few issues the NFL HAS NOT handled well over the years. Nothing worse than seeing the team you love hit the road, especially if you're young...which I was at one time :D

Uhh, no, he didn't.  I'm looking in the Colts record book right now.  He is on top of almost all passing statistics.  He may have wanted to do that, and for some reason I've heard this before from Baltimore fans, but it is NOT true.

1297786[/snapback]

You're right, I stand corrected. But the Indy Star did recently report that Unitas requested that he not be included in Indy Colt history:

[unitas] who died in 2002 and is widely considered one of the NFL's greatest quarterbacks, was famously upset when the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis. He went so far as to ask that his name be deleted from the Indianapolis Colts' record book, which the Colts refused.

This has been a nice little history lesson for me   :D

1297902[/snapback]

The night of the move was one of the most tragic nights/mornings for me as a sports fan. It's probably just a few notches lower to the morning that I found out that Len Bias had passed away (the loss of life does take precedent over all things).

Those five years (from 1984 - 1989) as a Baltimore sports fan, were about the worst five years that any sports fan could endure.

I used to live w/in about a mile of the old Colts training camp. My mother came home from grocery shopping that night and told us about the moving trucks. We turned on the TV and saw the live news reports about what was happening. I wanted to run to the camp to stop the trucks. I've disliked Mayflower moving trucks ever since. Irsay......well I have nothing to say about him or his family.

Edited by justin

The night of the move was one of the most tragic nights/mornings for me as a sports fan.  It's probably just a few notches lower to the morning that I found out that Len Bias had passed away (the loss of life does take precedent over all things).

Those five years (from 1984 - 1989) as a Baltimore sports fan, were about the worst five years that any sports fan could endure.

I used to live w/in about a mile of the old Colts training camp.  My mother came home from grocery shopping that night and told us about the moving trucks.  We turned on the TV and saw the live news reports about what was happening.  I wanted to run to the camp to stop the trucks.  I've disliked Mayflower moving trucks ever since.  Irsay......well I have nothing to say about him or his family.

1297983[/snapback]

Dark years indeed, not to mention Tags and Jack Kent Cook trying to shove the Redskins down our throats for ten years...

The night of the move was one of the most tragic nights/mornings for me as a sports fan.  It's probably just a few notches lower to the morning that I found out that Len Bias had passed away (the loss of life does take precedent over all things).

I used to live w/in about a mile of the old Colts training camp.  My mother came home from grocery shopping that night and told us about the moving trucks.  We turned on the TV and saw the live news reports about what was happening.  I wanted to run to the camp to stop the trucks.  I've disliked Mayflower moving trucks ever since.  Irsay......well I have nothing to say about him or his family.

1297983[/snapback]

So this was televised live? I can't even imagine how tough that would be to watch!