[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dealer's Choice....

Duchess Jack

I posted this in another thread last night

4 card Larry (Guts game)

$1 ante...

Kings and your low card are wild (A is always high)

1-2-3-Drop

You hold - you are either winning or matching(max $5)...

You can take zero, two or four cards...

Only pairs, 2-pair, three of a kind and four of a kind in this game...

and you have to be a five card (best four) larry in this game.

Larry is our dummy hand.

Unlike most guts games we have it where you match only a max of five...

the deal changes every hand until one person stays in and beats larry...

on the hand before the dealer... all losers pay the player and not the pot

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Dealt like 7 card stud..

Two down to each player, then one face up.

Round of betting.

Deal one more card face up to each player.

Another round of betting.

Now dealer places three cards face down in the middle. These are community cards and the dealer flips each one over one at a time with a round of betting in between.

The GOOD - the first card flipped. If any card in your hand matches this card, then it is wild for your hand (so if it is a three, and you already have a three, then congrats you have two wild cards). If you do not have this card in your hand, then it is only its face value.

The BAD - the second card flipped. If you have this card in your hand, whether it is face up or face down, you must discard it/them.

The UGLY - the last card flipped. If this card matches any of your face up cards, then you must fold.

Edited by bigmike4969

Not sure if this one was already mentioned ... at least I skimmed the posts and didn't see it but honestly didn't skim very slow.

Jacks or better, Trips to win

Everyone is dealt 5 cards. Of course, everyone antes in. If someone has a pair of Jacks or better they can open bidding. After the round of bidding, you can request (draw) up to 3 cards. Then another round of bidding if someone has the cards to win. You must have Three-of-a-kind or better to win the pot. This game can go for quite a while and build up a large sized pot, so it is good to play if you are low in the chip count. If no one takes the pot, the deal goes to the person on the left each time until the pot is won. I think those are the rules ... been a while since I played it but it was pretty good.

Anybody know 3-5-7?

1297780[/snapback]

3-5-7 is a staple in our games. Also play a lot of Bouree, Price is Right (match the pot 7 card stud where you build your own hand using face up cards and the deck), Myra (5 card draw match the pot game with a dead hand) and Defecate on your Neighbor. In fact, I won a $240 neighbor pot on Saturday. 3-$10 stacks, 8 guys.

Edited by Redfish

none of my friends play dealer's choice anymore. I used to love it. But now everyone wants to play hold-em like the guys on TV. :D

We used to play 3-Card Slap Your Momma.

Everyone gets dealt 3 cards. You bet... then pass two to your left. Bet again then pass one to your right. Best 3 card hand wins it.

It's really dumb, but we loved it. You have to break up a good hand if you get it at first, and you have no hope of getting it back... but there are good odds that you are going to get one of the cards you passed back.

none of my friends play dealer's choice anymore.  I used to love it.  But now everyone wants to play hold-em like the guys on TV.  :D

1298162[/snapback]

We have the same problem, but I actually talked the table into dealer's choice a couple weeks ago. It was a blast.