[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

info for winterpark ski trip

nuke'em ttg

me and my 11 yr.old son want to go skiing in colorado, flying into denver and renting a car, figure winterpark is the closest and would work out well ( is that right) where can you stay that doesn't cost a bundle ? not looking at being right on the mountain just takin a shuttle to get there. 4 nights and 3 days skiing. any info would really help make this happen for us, thanks alot........

As far as Winter Park being closer... don't sweat it. The difference between Winter Park and Keystone or Breck is like a half hour. Don't let it swing your weekend plans on that difference. Vail is probably another 40 minutes past Keystone and Breck.

Winter Park has great terrain for skiiers. Wicked steeps and ungroomed bumps. As a boarder, I remember being frustrated by a lot of traversing and flats that wouldn't bother a skiier, but were tough when both feet are strapped in.

I don't usually go to Winter Park because of that... so I don't know much about accomodations. Breckenridge is probably my favorite mountain these days and Bier Meister is a townie up there, so I'm sure he can help you.

If you're not deadset on Winterpark,consider some Summit County skiing.Only 75 minutes from Denver,and you have Breckinridge,Keystone,Copper Mountain,and Arapaho Basin all in the same county,and all are very close to the freeway.Copper Mountain you can see the slopes from I-70..Vail is a mere 30 minutes farther west.Silverton is close to Summit County,and is only about an hour from Denver.You may be able to find reasonable lodging there.

nuke'em-

i live in breck. i've been to WP and have enjoyed the skiing, but and not crazy about the town. it just deson't really feel like a town...it's a little spread out...... have stayed:

http://www.skiwinterpark.com/lodging/hotelsmotels/WPML.htm#

and

http://www.skiwinterpark.com/lodging/mount...aus_Eichler.htm

both were pretty reasonable.

for a borader experience i would recommend what sox metioned.... keystone or breck are nice, centrally located resorts. lot of good places to stay as well.......

i'm a fiend for vail, but it's pricy.

bigtime thanks to all you guys taking the time to clue me in.......sounds like breck might be the spot, my son will ski and snowboard, i'll stick with the skis. Bier, i skied Vail in 1980 when i was a highschool senior, the folks knew some friends that had a place out there so that made it possible to go, Beaver creek just opened. best trip of my life, just want to pass that on to my son........So can i just roll into breck with no reservations and find a place to stay ?????? thanks again huddlers !!!!!!!!!!!!