[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay, how far do you hit your driver?

Skippy

What is the average distance that you hit the big stick? I don't care if it is straight but how far?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is the average distance that you hit the big stick? I don't care if it is straight but how far?

• <174
    • 175 - 199
    • 200 - 224
    • 225 - 249
    • 250 - 274
    • 275 - 299
    • 300 - 324
    • > 325

Yes, there are a few that can pull it off.

1310404[/snapback]

I can skull my 9-iron 225 yards, but I don't do it consistently. I'm just surprised that Tiger Woods hits his 2-iron 245 and The Huddle is packed with cats who can hit it 300 yards. :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there's the old Lee Trevino joke about what he does if he's ever caught in a lightning storm, that he holds a 1-iron up in the air, cause even God can't hit a 1-iron.

I play a fade, so I play a nice high ball that lands pretty soft. I find it's the easiest ball to control.

I can skull my 9-iron 225 yards, but I don't do it consistently. I'm just surprised that Tiger Woods hits his 2-iron 245 and The Huddle is packed with cats who can hit it 300 yards. :D

1310472[/snapback]

Wrong Dave. There's a difference between what a pro does and what he is capable of. I "can" hit my 3 iron 245. That doesnt mean it's a good idea. Just because Tiger hits his 2 iron 245 in a tournament does not mean that is the limit of his capability. Trust me, I watched Tiger on the range at the PGA in Rochester a couple of years back, and he was shaping his 3 wood 310 with consistency. He "can" hit a 3 iron 300 yards, it simply isn't a good idea.

QUOTE(Big F'n Dave @ 2/7/06 4:08am)

I can skull my 9-iron 225 yards, but I don't do it consistently. I'm just surprised that Tiger Woods hits his 2-iron 245 and The Huddle is packed with cats who can hit it 300 yards.

Wrong Dave. There's a difference between what a pro does and what he is capable of. I "can" hit my 3 iron 245. That doesnt mean it's a good idea. Just because Tiger hits his 2 iron 245 in a tournament does not mean that is the limit of his capability. Trust me, I watched Tiger on the range at the PGA in Rochester a couple of years back, and he was shaping his 3 wood 310 with consistency. He "can" hit a 3 iron 300 yards, it simply isn't a good idea.

Plus BFD, I said he was capable of attaining that distance becuz of a flexible golf shaft. he usually plays irons only. avg. drive is about 240. keeps it in play. shoots about 75-80. Watching him play and you see nothing spectacular about it but he's consistent and keeps shots under control.