[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay, how far do you hit your driver?

Skippy

What is the average distance that you hit the big stick? I don't care if it is straight but how far?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is the average distance that you hit the big stick? I don't care if it is straight but how far?

• <174
    • 175 - 199
    • 200 - 224
    • 225 - 249
    • 250 - 274
    • 275 - 299
    • 300 - 324
    • > 325

For the poll give a guesstimate of your average drive with the driver. (Perch - you can use your two iron.)

After you fill out the poll give us a indication of how far you "can" hit one if all goes right and the wind, elevation, etc. are all on your side that day. I don't mean your one is a million shot. I mean that perfect shot that you let loose when all is going right.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My average is a little over 250 but probably not 275.

When I get one and am in a grove I can easily get it out there a little over 300.

I have driven greens that were listed over that 300 plenty of times but that is usually the result of a perfect everything and a downhill shot or very dry ground.

Lets hear it hackers.

225-249 yards on the average. Because of my low back pain I've had to slow my swing down and shorten it up as I've gotten older. I'm happy with my distance as long as I'm in the fairway.

225 to 249. had to go to a higher loft to cut down on my slice.  One guy in my usual foursome hits em 300 regularly.  It's a thing of beauty - slight draw etc.  But when he goes bad - he goes bad.

1305293[/snapback]

I golf with a guy now and then that can easily crank one out there 310-320 and it is always in the short grass. He can shoot two or three under par with almost no problem.

Here is the kicker. He only plays about five times a year. :D

He can shoot two or three under par with almost no problem.

Here is the kicker.  He only plays about five times a year.  :D

1305300[/snapback]

Now THAT really pisses me off!!!!!!! :D

I have new irons, but need new woods. With my starter set driver that I have, I can hit a pretty consistent 240-250ish with a slight draw.

I have tried out other drivers, and have hit some that must have gone around 280 under good conditions.

I hit about 230-250 usually.

I've been known to rip 50 yards further than that, but I always slow my swing down for greater accuracy. The extra yards usually aren't worth it if it means every 5th one is a two stroke penalty.

Slow and steady. And I very rarely try to crush it unless I can reach a par 5 in 2. If I can go 4-iron, 8-iron and be on the green... why push it so I can swing a wedge?

I average about 265 with the occasional 275.

Seattle Lawdawg can crush the ball, my estimate for him would be an average of 300 per drive.

1305466[/snapback]

I can hit it 300+ every time I want to but thats not always the best shot. If it means I don't have a full shot into a green, I'll do whatever the hole calls for.

i'm a chitty golfer, havent even been on a course in 2 or 3 years. but for a few years i went to the driving range fairly regularly, and as a result the one part of my game that was halfway decent was off the tee. pretty good distance too, i would say 260-275 average. but my game from 60 yards in may be the worst in the history of mankind.

I hit about 230-250 usually.

I've been known to rip 50 yards further than that, but I always slow my swing down for greater accuracy.  The extra yards usually aren't worth it if it means every 5th one is a two stroke penalty.

Slow and steady.  And I very rarely try to crush it unless I can reach a par 5 in 2.  If I can go 4-iron, 8-iron and be on the green... why push it so I can swing a wedge?

1305389[/snapback]

The air is really thin in Colorado.

In a typical course closer to sea level, this might put him at 130-150 usually. :D

i can put it out there 275 and push 300 under the right conditions with my new clevelands.

i'm freakin' huge.

of course, the problem is, after putting it out there like a monster, it then takes 2 more to get it on the green and 3 putts to get it in the hole ...

:D

i can put it out there 275 and push 300 under the right conditions with my new clevelands.

i'm freakin' huge.

of course, the problem is, after putting it out there like a monster, it then takes 2 more to get it on the green and 3 putts to get it in the hole ...

:D

1305894[/snapback]

Even though you are a pathetic bunghole fan, you need to hook up with Big F'n Dave and I when we play at Eagle Sticks. I think it is in Zainsville Oh. It is a two hour drive from the Columbus.

With some notice would you be able to make it?

Even though you are a pathetic bunghole fan, you need to hook up with Big F'n Dave and I when we play at Eagle Sticks.  I think it is in Zainsville Oh.  It is a two hour drive from the Columbus. 

With some notice would you be able to make it?

1305915[/snapback]

well, not until i get back into ohio, but then, absolutely! i'm in san diego on special work assignment until probably june '07.

and, uh, the golf here is year 'round - hit 80 today ... :D

edited to add: that's the temperature, not my score ...

Edited by tonorator

1305894[/snapback]

BTW - what new Clevelands do you have? I play the TA-7's and have the Launcher 460 for a driver.

I hit the comp 460 the other day and must say that it really felt good.