[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay, how far do you hit your driver?

Skippy

What is the average distance that you hit the big stick? I don't care if it is straight but how far?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is the average distance that you hit the big stick? I don't care if it is straight but how far?

• <174
    • 175 - 199
    • 200 - 224
    • 225 - 249
    • 250 - 274
    • 275 - 299
    • 300 - 324
    • > 325

i am in the 235-245 range consistently but the more I play(didnt play much last year) I have been able to reach the 275 yard mark...

longest drive EVER 307 and I still dont know how that happened(it wasnt down hill either) I knew I hit the ball good right down the middle and I usually would be hitting from around 150ish to the green so i look around the 150 marker no ball i keep walking up to the 100 yard marker going no way its up here....so go back to look more towards the 150 marker and one of the guys in the group says i got it...he was inside of the 100 marker at 88 yards to the pin :D ummm no i didnt par it either dropped the next one in the drink(pond protecting the green along the entire front) :doah:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh...my long ball days are mostly behind me. With age and a creaky back, 240-250 if I'm groovin' it. Occasionally if I hit a low one to get some extra roll or the wind at my back, I'll get one out 260-270, but that's about it.

But I do find myself in the short grass more these days. :D

I averaged about 250-275 when I used to play alot and I probably would have 2 or 3 drives 300+ a round. My longest drive ever was 370 yards on a 384 yard par 4, wind behind me but it was perfect. It was also in a scramble and 1 guy had a drive around 350 already so I got to unload.

Edited by T_bone65

I'm a Golf Teacher/ Teaching Pro. I don't really gauge how far I hit it. I mostly gauge where I hit it, how I shape it. And of course from there, try to concentrate on 2 putting, or getting up and down. But I can uncork it if I want to. Just not what I focus on.

I'm a Golf Teacher/ Teaching Pro. I don't really gauge how far I hit it. I mostly gauge where I hit it, how I shape it. And of course from there, try to concentrate on 2 putting, or getting up and down. But I can uncork it if I want to. Just not what I focus on.

1307829[/snapback]

So you are actually concerned with your score.

As I get older I am slowly learning to play the game with my head. I do like to hit a long ball and at times I pull out the driver when in hind sight it would have been much better to do something else but I am getting there.

I average in the mid 270s but have had several rounds where I was in a groove and painted the middle of the fairway with 320 yard bombs on 10 or 11 holes. My longest drive (with the wind at my back) I stepped off at 377 from the 50 yard marker. I normally hit a slight draw but on one or two days a year my ball goes straight as a bullet. Draws are nice (the topspin gets you some roll,) but you cannot beat a dead straight crushed drive. It's a thing of beauty.

Normally about 260. I did get a hold of one once on a dog leg left that I unfortunately sent slightly right of the fairway - the wind was slightly at my back and the ball sailed into an area where the ground was wide open, hard, and slightly downhill. I searched for my ball for 5-10 minutes in the area I thought it went and was about to give up when a guy in a cart well ahead of me called out. He found my ball - we estimated well over 350 yards from the tee box. I almost didn't care it put me that much further away from the green I was playing for. :D

When it goes straight about 310. I rarely use a driver, because I can't hit them straight. I'm one of those rare people for whatever reason can hit irons great, but can't hit a wood to save my butt. I normally tee off with a 1 iron or 2 iron, and still get around 290-300.

:coughcough: Bullsh*t: coughcough:

1309367[/snapback]

It is easy to hit the ball a long way, it is hard to do so with accuracy. I'm good with my Irons for the most part, but I have hell around the green. Just because I can hit it a long way doesn't mean I'm good. My best game ever was a 79 and that was 10 years ago. I haven't played on any thing like a regular basis in 4 or 5 years so I might not be able to hit it that far now, but when I was playing on a regular basis, I could. I was that player that everyone wanted on their team in a scramble. My handicap was pretty high, but I was good off the tee and usually pretty good long Par 4's and Par 5's.

If I can hit a 3 iron 220-250 yards, I bet I could hit a 1 iron 275-300 yards...

PS - My longest drive was just shy of 400 yards ... and I lost the bet. My buddy tapped one 454 yards off the sprinkler head, off the cart path and then down a big hill... :D

QUOTE(Perchoutofwater @ 2/6/06 2:12pm)

I normally tee off with a 1 iron or 2 iron, and still get around 290-300.

:coughcough: Bullsh*t: coughcough:

Yes, there are a few that can pull it off. Personally, I know of someone who plays irons only. Twice, in tournaments, he won longest drive using his 1 iron. It has a extremely whippy shaft and when he gets a hold of it, watch out. But, when it goes bad, heaven forbid how many fairways over it may be.