[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me...

kpholmes

holy shucks.... i'm a browns fan and get to watch the steelers all season long. This is the usual folks.

Hate to say it, but this is an absolute horrible game. How can a steeler fan appreciate a victory after watching this? It seems that when you explain to them what is happening, they put up their blinders. "Huh, that wasn't a bad call?!?!"

Seriously, the steelers and fans are the worst part of the NFL, and it's sad this game is fixed.

what is up with Jerramy Stevens dropping those passes? Come on dood

Edited by scb175

Obviously touched on his way down and by rule is down, lets see how the can screw this one up. The "tuck" rule replaced by the "touch" rule

1306873[/snapback]

Actually, I believe that this is a judgment call by rule. The official has to determine whether the defensive players touching of the offensive player caused him to go down. (i.e., was the offensive player tackled?)

It seemed to me that Hasselbeck was just stumbling and was going down on his own. He fumbled the ball before actually being touched down. I think Leavy blew the interpretation of the rule and the call on the field should have stood.

Horrific officiating. :D You'd think they'd get competent refs for the biggest game of the year. If I were Seattle I'd be pissed.

1306903[/snapback]

Yep.. it hurts. To wait 30 years and see it go down like this... it hurts.

Actually, I believe that this is a judgment call by rule.  The official has to determine whether the defensive players touching of the offensive player caused him to go down. (i.e., was the offensive player tackled?) 

It seemed to me that Hasselbeck was just stumbling and was going down on his own.  He fumbled the ball before actually being touched down.  I think Leavy blew the interpretation of the rule and the call on the field should have stood.

1306905[/snapback]

What are you smoking??