[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball Roto-gone to Yahoo

Sir Loins of Beef

Due to the response for a weekly set lineup -our league is going to switch from sandbox.com(pain in the asses) to yahoo fantasy baseball. Sandbox weren't being very flexible so were moving elsewhere.

We are currently at 8 owners an our target number is 14.

League Name:Roto for the Huddler

Password:just p.m. and I'll give it to you

League number-#82203

Draft-Live on Sunday March 19 at 10 p.m.

Scoring-Roto

Categories-R,Hr,RBI,SB,AVG--W,SV,K,ERA,WHIP

Trades-league votes

Trade Deadline-August 13

Weekly Deadline-Mondays

Lineups-C,1B,2B,3B,SS,OF,OF,OF,UTIL,SP,SP,SP,SP,SP,RP.RP,P,P,5 bench-1-DL

Everyone is putting $20 in the pot

1st place-$150

2nd place-$100

Leading at the ALL-STAR break-$30

This roto league is playing with 10 categories-to score if you have the most HR in the league you will receive 14 points and so on. If this is your first fantasy league or you just want to have some fun with baseball. Welcome and join up :D

Edited to erase a Stooopid question :doah:

So, based on that I don;t think I can participate. Sunday nights are tough for me to draft anyways, and starting a draft at 10PM (assuming you even mean EST) is too late.

If you decide to do a slow draft, or on another day and a little earlier time, I would be interested.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Edited to erase a Stooopid question :doah:

So, based on that I don;t think I can participate.  Sunday nights are tough for me to draft anyways, and starting a draft at 10PM (assuming you even mean EST) is too late.

If you decide to do a slow draft, or on another day and a little earlier time, I would be interested.

1320265[/snapback]

The way I see it it will have to be a slow draft. 14 people meeting at the same time will be difficult. Plus I cannot do a 23 round draft at 10pm on a Sunday nite. :D Some of us or older than others.

I f a live draft can be arranged and I have a 2 week notice I can arrange my schedule to be there if needed. It's just very,very hard to get 14 people to set a date and time to do a live draft thay will take quite a few hours.

If slow draft needed starting 3/18 gives us 2 weeks to finish. To avoid any complications from the unexpected I suggest a 3/11 start.

would a live draft on Saturday the 18th at 8 p.m. or would you guys like to do a slow draft starting Saturday the 18th as much feed back as possible -so we can set this up would be appreciated. If anyone is hedging about joining please don't hesitate to voice your concerns or opinions-thanks

1320714[/snapback]

I can probably do Saturday at 8PM (again assuming you are talking EST).

But I agree with Slayer that a slow draft is the way to go. However, with the World Baseball Classic going on I would be cautious about starting as early as suggested. I understand the reasoning because you don't want to run into schedule issues, but you also don'tt want to draft a player for them then to be hurt in a meaningless competition.

Another option, albeit a little complicated, would be for each person to have a proxy second person that had access to their rankings and could help make picks when an individual can't be around. Clunky, but it solves some of the schedule issue.

As long as I have some notice, I can do a live draft any time and night of the week except Mondays and Fridays. I do much prefer a live draft where you can get it over with within a couple of hours and not have to constantly check the draft status for weeks. But, if we can't all coordinate a time that works for everyone and we have to do a slow draft, I'm up for starting it fairly soon. It shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 weeks tops under any circumstances, so I guess as long as we start by the beginning of March, we should be fine. Just keep us updated. Also, we should consider getting our own forum in the "Non-Football Fantasy Leagues" section.

As of Monday morning we only have four people signed up on Yahoo--to begin Roto league play--please lets get going here-it looks like we're not going to get 14 huddlers for this league. Anyone and everyone if you

having fantasy football withdrawls this is the league to tide you over. Weekly lineups-nice fellow owners(o.k. that's a stretch) -very easy to understand rules-this is a non-keeper league. P.M. me for the easy set details-thanks

I am admittedly terrible at Fantasy Baseball, never done any good in the free leagues I have been involved in, which says something. That said, I'd be willing to "donate" $20. :D

I'll sign up soon. PM me if I'm not in and a deadline is approaching.

Doc: No cracks about Fantasy Basketball either.

Edited by chiefjay

I am admittedly terrible at Fantasy Baseball, never done any good in the free leagues I have been involved in, which says something.  That said, I'd be willing to "donate" $20.  :D

I'll sign up soon.  PM me if I'm not in and a deadline is approaching.

Doc:  No cracks about Fantasy Basketball either.

1321764[/snapback]

You just beat me 5 - 4 and I am in 8th place myself so I doubt you hear any cracks from me. :D

Glad to see you joined though, we got some good owners already and now you, if we get a few more this is going to be a fun and competitive league.