[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball

godtomsatan

I am in my 17th year of playing Fantasy Baseball, the 11th year in this single season league with I think 8 of the original 12 owners still involved.

Despite putting together my best season ever last year, I don't think I've ever been less enthused about the start of a season. Not sure what it is, but I am just not excited about baseball yet.

It's AL-only, 5x5. Very experienced and knowledgeable group of owners.

I got the 3rd pick. Assuming ARod is #1? Is consensus #2 Vlad? #3? Teixiera? Manny? Santana?

Thoughts appreciated.

I am in my 17th year of playing Fantasy Baseball, the 11th year in this single season league with I think 8 of the original 12 owners still involved.

Despite putting together my best season ever last year, I don't think I've ever been less enthused about the start of a season. Not sure what it is, but I am just not excited about baseball yet.

It's AL-only, 5x5. Very experienced and knowledgeable group of owners.

I got the 3rd pick. Assuming ARod is #1? Is consensus #2 Vlad? #3? Teixiera? Manny? Santana?

Thoughts appreciated.

1345771[/snapback]

Arod is consensus #1.

For #2 I have seen Vlad, Texiera, Manny, Ortiz, and Santana in different places, but most often I have seen Vlad, and then Texiera, Manny, Ortiz, and Santana in that order.

Arod is consensus #1.

For #2 I have seen Vlad, Texiera, Manny, Ortiz, and Santana in different places, but most often I have seen Vlad, and then Texiera, Manny, Ortiz, and Santana in that order.

1345846[/snapback]

Be careful with Vlad, if you go that route. He's slowing down. And he just lost three of his cousins (basically his best friends) in a terrible car accident in the Dominican. His head may not be on straight for the start of the season.

Teixeira is a monster and in that park, he's gonna blast a good number of bombs.

Be careful with Vlad, if you go that route.  He's slowing down.  And he just lost three of his cousins (basically his best friends) in a terrible car accident in the Dominican.  His head may not be on straight for the start of the season.

Teixeira is a monster and in that park, he's gonna blast a good number of bombs.

1345865[/snapback]

I like Tex at number 3.

Be careful with Vlad, if you go that route.  He's slowing down.  And he just lost three of his cousins (basically his best friends) in a terrible car accident in the Dominican.  His head may not be on straight for the start of the season.

1345865[/snapback]

I was sooooooo torn about grabbing the #5 slot in HotD. I doubt Texiera will fall to 5. Vlad may fall. Most likely I will be picking between 3 of Vlad, Manny, Ortiz, and Santana. The uncertainty around Vlad all of a sudden makes drafting 3-6 tough. At 7, you have the luxury of taking who's left.

In mixed leagues you can look at D Lee as a top 5 pick, but not for this discussion.

It's you.

Pujols is in the NL, last I checked.

I'd be very tempted with Johan there.  But would probably not risk it, and take Tex instead.

1345994[/snapback]

ROFL

I had 3 in my local.  Ended up going with Ortiz, just a gut decision.  It was him or Vlad I belive.

1345953[/snapback]

Papi will have another monster season, most likely. The loss of Damon may hurt his RBI totals, though.