[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out PolicyVote

spain

Life as a Lions fan is a nice, predictable place. It is like:

"Someplace warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano."

Every year is the same. Lions fans are bummed for a couple months of the season: October, November, and December. The rest of the year we have faith that either this is the year or next year is the year. 75% of the time, Lions fans are happy.

I remember back in the dark days when the Lions were perrenial playoff contendors in the 90s. I was probably only happy 50% of the time. I was always upset that the Lions had been blown out in the first round of the playoffs or just missed making the playoffs. Now, I haven't had to worry about the playoff losses for many years.

I am thankful everyday to the Ford family and Matt Millen for releaving me of that painful burden. I can get excited for the Lions draft and say, "This is the year the Lions get the final puzzle piece." I have at least until October until my hopes are dashed. Even that is a blessing too. I don't have to worry long into the season about whether or not my Lions will get a first round playoff loss.

Yes indeed, life as a Lions fan is a charmed life.

Life as a Lions fan is a nice, predictable place.  It is like:

"Someplace warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano."

Every year is the same.  Lions fans are bummed for a couple months of the season: October, November, and December.  The rest of the year we have faith that either this is the year or next year is the year.  75% of the time, Lions fans are happy. 

I remember back in the dark days when the Lions were perrenial playoff contendors in the 90s.  I was probably only happy 50% of the time.  I was always upset that the Lions had been blown out in the first round of the playoffs or just missed making the playoffs.  Now, I haven't had to worry about the playoff losses for many years.

I am thankful everyday to the Ford family and Matt Millen for releaving me of that painful burden.  I can get excited for the Lions draft and say, "This is the year the Lions get the final puzzle piece."  I have at least until October until my hopes are dashed.  Even that is a blessing too.  I don't have to worry long into the season about whether or not my Lions will get a first round playoff loss.

Yes indeed, life as a Lions fan is a charmed life.

1435875[/snapback]

Hey, at least we have a team, many are forced to bandwagon. things will change, I like what we have done this offseason, it has been quite a while since I have liked what we have done during the offseason.

That being said I expect about 4 wins this year. :D

Hey, at least we have a team, many are forced to bandwagon. things will change, I like what we have done this offseason, it has been quite a while since I have liked what we have done during the offseason.

That being said I expect about 4 wins this year. :D

1435901[/snapback]

Why the optimism? :D