[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

someone please explain ...

montster

one of the many reasons the nba has annoyed me is its playoff schedule. what is wrong with having playoff series where the teams play every other night? why is it that the suns/clippers have game 6 scheduled for thursday but the possible game 7 isn't until MONDAY? what happened to the weekend?

one of the many reasons the nba has annoyed me is its playoff schedule. what is wrong with having playoff series where the teams play every other night? why is it that the suns/clippers have game 6 scheduled for thursday but the possible game 7 isn't until MONDAY? what happened to the weekend?

1473103[/snapback]

LeBron.

TV owns the schedule and saves the marquee players for the weekends. Any consquences to teams having schedules that make no sense such as long layovers for back-to back home games then a short travel time are not even considered.

TV owns the schedule and saves the marquee players for the weekends.  Any consquences to teams having schedules that make no sense such as long layovers for back-to back home games then a short travel time are not even considered.

1473207[/snapback]

i guess the nba is the only league where the two-time mvp is not a marquee player. if i wasn't so interested in watching the suns, i would so not care about this league.

the pistons/cavs play friday and sunday. the mavs/spurs play friday and MONDAY. the heat/nets would've played thursday and sunday. and the suns/clippers play thursday and monday. is there something happening saturday that the nba doesn't want to go up against? seriously, i don't get it. it looks like a double-header would've occurred on sunday, but that's it. and now there's ONE game the ENTIRE WEEKEND. isn't the weekend when tv gets its highest ratings? this makes no sense.

is there something happening saturday that the nba doesn't want to go up against? seriously, i don't get it. it looks like a double-header would've occurred on sunday, but that's it. and now there's ONE game the ENTIRE WEEKEND. isn't the weekend when tv gets its highest ratings? this makes no sense.

1473317[/snapback]

FOX gets better TV ratings for NASCAR rainout coverage than ABC gets for NBA playoff games.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the ratings are up considerably. Do you have any idea how much money the NBA is making right now worldwide!?!?!?!? They want the playoffs to go on for like six months!!!!!! Just wait til someone like LeBron or Yao makes it to the finals.

1473103[/snapback]

This may be old news, but the reason this happened had nothing to do with the NBA...they would have like to have the game on that Saturday, but there was an Arena FB game scheduled at the arena in Phoenix on Saturday, and a WWE PPV on Sunday...I was in Phoenix that week on business, and they were discussing that on talk radio, and thats what someone that worked for the Arena called in to say...