[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We keep 5. Should I keep 4 RBs? (we can start 3)

1/10yds, 6/TD, PPR, +YPC. We can keep up to five. Ten team league.

The commish's top 6 to choose from are Palmer/LT/Shaun/Portis/Fitz/R.Moss.----even though I have the second best team in the league (Edge, Jordan, Westbrook, C.Taylor, Holt, CJohnson), I ain't winnin no championships anytime soon against his studs.

With no chance to win now, should I take the extra step of keeping RB potential with Chester Taylor, giving me 4 RB's to hopefully have some studs ready when the commish's reign is over?? Or should I keep both Holt and Chad, fill my starting lineup, and come in second again and again??

Where I pick in the draft, there will be no RB's at all left, so I couldn't get a guy like C. Taylor. However, I may be able to get someone like DJax, SMoss or possibly Chambers be my #2 receiver if I chose to keep Taylor over CJ/Torry.

Ok, now to the next question. If I decide to keep Chester, which receiver do I choose from, Chad or Torry?? Right now I'm leaning towards Chad, simply because he's fun to have, and I hate the Rams. But Torry is pretty automatic.

Thanks fellas

With 2 teams as good as yours and the commish, it's obvious that there are a few teams that have some pretty bad keeper options. Why not try to package Westbrook/Taylor and trade for 1 stud? What 5 keepers do the Larry Johnson, Peyton Manning, and Steve Smith owners have?

You should play to win now. His team looks good, but it all comes down to whoever gets more pts in week 16. He might have injuries too, so don't let his team affluence your team.

My personal opinion would be to keep all 4 of those RBs. They are all good, I'm a little high on Chester myself. You can play matchups each week. You would also survive an injury. Gives you powerful trade bait if you want a hot receiver. You're in a small league so there should be worthy options to draft from for another WR.

Deciding between those receivers sucks. Chad Johnson would be my preference. Torry Holt is very automatic, I agree, but I would lower expectations on Torry this year. New coach, new system, injured QB. Linehan offenses definitely put up #s, they do tend to spread the ball around. Steven Jackson figures to get the rock more too.

That's my 2 cents. hope it helps

1/10yds, 6/TD, PPR, +YPC.      We can keep up to five.  Ten team league. 

The commish's top 6 to choose from are Palmer/LT/Shaun/Portis/Fitz/R.Moss.----even though I have the second best team in the league (Edge, Jordan, Westbrook, C.Taylor, Holt, CJohnson), I ain't winnin no championships anytime soon against his studs.

I think Taylor will be your best back this year....I try to keep things fresh...so 1st off, how long do you keep the players for and when did you draft them?...\

with the current information provided...I'd keep CJ with the 4 RB's or possibly let Edge goe as I think he'll be pass blocking alot unless the Cards D improves greatly...

and then keep CJ and Holt

Where I pick in the draft, there will be no RB's at all left, so I couldn't get a guy like C. Taylor.  However, I may be able to get someone like DJax, SMoss or possibly Chambers be my #2 receiver if I chose to keep Taylor over CJ/Torry.

if Chambers is there....grab him and run...

Ok, now to the next question.  If I decide to keep Chester, which receiver do I choose from, Chad or Torry??  Right now I'm leaning towards Chad, simply because he's fun to have, and I hate the Rams.  But Torry is pretty automatic.

Thanks fellas

1474800[/snapback]

after Torry had his 1st injury last year...he may start having those as he's now almost 30 years old...WR's tend to last longer, but this injury was with his knee and that COULD spell trouble..

now...this isn't a horrible mess by any means...this knee injury worries me enough to wonder if I have him as a top 5 WR this year....

I think CJ is top 3....due to youth, offense, talent and dedication

You should play to win now.  His team looks good, but it all comes down to whoever gets more pts in week 16.  He might have injuries too, so don't let his team affluence your team. 

That's my 2 cents.  hope it helps

1474832[/snapback]

Actually, we don't have playoffs, so week 16 is irrelevant. He won by over 500 pts. last season.

I had been thinking about dropping Edge as well, but he was just so good for me last year, I think I at least gotta give him a shot again. He is my oldest RB, however, and may be worthless by the time my team is good enough to compete.

Should I reconsider his long-term value?

Edited by Seahawks21

Actually, we don't have playoffs, so week 16 is irrelevant.  He won by over 500 pts. last season.

I had been thinking about dropping Edge as well, but he was just so good for me last year, I think I at least gotta give him a shot again.  He is my oldest RB, however, and may be worthless by the time my team is good enough to compete.

Should I reconsider his long-term value?

1475322[/snapback]

I only mentioned Edge because of him playing for a new team that struggles with ball control and run blocking.....along with pass blocking, which he is outstanding at..

plus he's entering his 8th season....even though he's only 28, the meter still reads 8 seasons...and if Arrington starts flashing skill, forget about it...

I only mentioned Edge because of him playing for a new team that struggles with ball control and run blocking.....along with pass blocking, which he is outstanding at..

plus he's entering his 8th season....even though he's only 28, the meter still reads 8 seasons...and if Arrington starts flashing skill, forget about it...

1476147[/snapback]

Ya know, I have really kinda had that thought in the back of my mind for about a year now. By the time the commish's team comes back down to earth, Edge won't be a stud anymore. My only problem in this scenario is that Edge just won't quit bein a freakin' stud! He was the #4 back in our league last year. Over the past two weeks or so I have convinced myself that Edge is going to be great in Arizona, just because he's Edge.-- I always just figured I'd trade him at some point for a young back I like, who's stock hasn't risen too high yet. That said, in three years time, Edge will be the worst player on that list. Keeping him may be hindering my future. Who ever thought having a good team could be this much of a headache??

Edited by Seahawks21

Ya know, I have really kinda had that thought in the back of my mind for about a year now.  By the time the commish's team comes back down to earth, Edge won't be a stud anymore.  My only problem in this scenario is that Edge just won't quit bein a freakin' stud!  He was the #4 back in our league last year.  Over the past two weeks or so I have convinced myself that Edge is going to be great in Arizona, just because he's Edge.--  I always just figured I'd trade him at some point for a young back I like, who's stock hasn't risen too high yet.  That said, in three years time, Edge will be the worst player on that list.  Keeping him may be hindering my future.  Who ever thought having a good team could be this much of a headache??

1476187[/snapback]

greatness is a hard upkeep...

if you can trade him now...do it...you're stacked at RB..

Keep Edge.... If he has a good year, and the commish happens to lose LT or SA to injury, you're right in contention for the league title.

I would drop Holt and keep Chad, only because of the age difference.