[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Chambers for Julius Jones?

I have an offer of giving my Chris Chambers for his Julius Jones. I really like Chambers this year, but I could use the depth at RB and already having Marion Barber helps me lock up the Cowboy rushing attack. I have the depth at WR to overcome the loss of Chambers (this is a 14 team league) - and I have Steve Smith, TO and Darrell Jackson already, as well as Chambers. The league is only start 2 RB and 2 WR anyway, so Chambers would be my WR3 or WR4 and wouldn't see my starting lineup much anyway. What do you think??

My roster:

DEF Dallas Cowboys DAL

K Rian Lindell BUF

K Mike Nugent NYJ

QB Matt Hasselbeck SEA

QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT

RB Marion Barber DAL

RB Ricky Williams MIA

RB Deuce McAllister N.O.

RB Tiki Barber NYG

RB Chris Perry CIN

RB Mewelde Moore MIN

RB Carnell Williams T.B.

TE Chris Cooley WAS

WR Darrell Jackson SEA

WR Chris Chambers MIA

WR Terrell Owens DAL

WR Steve Smith CAR

WR Troy Williamson MIN

His roster:

DEF Detroit Lions DET

K Mike Vanderjagt IND

QB Charlie Frye CLE

QB Tom Brady N.E.

QB J.P. Losman BUF

QB Josh McCown DET

QB Jeff Garcia DET

QB Sage Rosenfels HOU

RB Julius Jones DAL

RB Steven Jackson STL

RB Kevin Jones DET

RB Cedric Benson CHI

TE Tony Gonzalez KC

TE Alex Smith TB

WR Greg Lewis PHI

WR Antonio Bryant SF

WR Kevin Curtis STL

WR Marvin Harrison IND

WR Braylon Edwards CLE

WR Matt Jones JAX

I tried to get Steven Jackson from him, but he won't budge. I have rookie picks 1.04 and 1.08, and he has pick 1.05 so those could be incorporated somehow as well. Thoughts?

IMHO...don't trade chambers. Not for J. Jones. Even Parcel's made the comment last year that Jones was like the Jaguar....real nice and fast but in the shop a lot.

RA TYD AVG LONG TD

Julius Jones 257 993 3.9 51 5

Marion Barber 138 538 3.9 28 5

Dallas looks like RBBC to me

I really like Chris Chambers.  I think that Julius Jones could be a bust. 

However, when you have a chance to acquire a young RB that actually has shown something in a dynasty league, you do it.  Especially when you have the WR's that you do.

1493980[/snapback]

+1 on all accounts...

I still haven't done anything...the guy wants more...but I did find out that he values Kevin Jones LESS than Julius...would you do this if you could get Kevin for Chambers??

1497777[/snapback]

I am a Lions fan, but IMO Julius Jones has the schedule and talent around him to have a huge season if he can stay healthy.

I like Kevin Jones chances in this offense to really bust out, but this is not the 1st year that we(the Lions) said Kevin Jones was gonna get 300 carries and more catches. and the Lions schedule IMO is much tougher agains the run than the Cowboys this year.

Myself, I would rather have Julius Jones but would trade Chambers for either of them. not that I do not like Chambers because I do...but young RB's are hard to come by and as a few others said you get the WR's to do it.

The guy changed his mind and said that he wants TO for Julius Jones...Is Chambers worth more than TO in a dynasty?? I'm not sure...

1498355[/snapback]

I would not do TO. he is the kinda guy that WILL produce as long as he is out there. with Chambers you get a guy who has had 1 great season..with TO ( despite him being retarded) you get a guy that has a great season every year.

With Julius slowly getiing himself into a RBBC situation and Chambers proving to be one of the best Wrs in the league I'd do it.

1498447[/snapback]

It will take a early season injury to get Julius out of that lineup and into a platoon situation. as of now there is no platoon system in sight.

• 2 weeks later...

The guy also has Cedric Benson. I think Benson is worth more than Julius, but also think I could maybe get him to switch his 1.05 rookie and my 1.08 rookie pick in the deal.

So would you do this? (I also have the 1.04 rookie)

I give:

Chambers

1.08 rookie

I get:

Benson

1.05 rookie

Edited by Funky Plutos

DON'T TRADE WITH THIS GUY! YOU COULD GET A BETTER RB FOR EITHER TO OR CHAMBERS. At least a RB not in a RBBC. The good news is that you DON'T have to make a trade, as you still have TIki for at least 2 more years and you also have Caddy. The draft pick should land you another young RB. STAY PUT!

I think it depends on how you feel about chambers this year. If you feel he is going to drastically improve with C-pep at the ranks and a stable running game then wait until he does and move him at maximum value. You don't NEED this trade by any means this year and will probably be safe with Tiki for 2-3 years. If you believe that Chambers will continue to be good old underperforming Chambers of the past then move him now while the hipe is high and his value is at max.

Personally if it were me I would hold onto him. He has a decent chance of blowing up mid-season and I feel his chances of being great this year are much higher then Jone's, therefore by holding onto him you can get Max value for him.

Good luck

The guy also has Cedric Benson. I think Benson is worth more than Julius, but also think I could maybe get him to switch his 1.05 rookie and my 1.08 rookie pick in the deal.

So would you do this? (I also have the 1.04 rookie)

I give:

Chambers

1.08 rookie

I get:

Benson

1.05 rookie

I like this idea here. You're taking a risk, but if it pans out your team will be tough to beat. You can afford the risk with the depth you have at WR. The only way I see you playing Chambers this year is either due to injury or bye weeks.

On a side note, I'm impressed with the talent you've acquired.