[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Galloway

HoustonCougars

I would take him as a #3....but my #3's are usually younger with a higher upside..

my take is.....he shot his load last year....if he proved he could ever do what he did in consecutive years before flopping, I would put him higher...

but I will not fall for his ruse...even though I had him.....and add McCardell to this....I had him too...both via trade...I don't draft players like this...or Keyshawn...

I really don't see him having near as good of a season as he did last year. I think Michael Clayton is gonna step it up this year with him being healthy and all. Galloway will be productive but not like in 2005. I would only take him if he somehow fell to me in the 5th round in a repick, but I doubt that would happen.

Edited by GoPackGo

Ummm....No. :D

Pass on Galloway and go for someone like MeShawn, Porter, Burleson, or similar ilk in the 5th or 6th. I think Galloway falls back to earth this year.

I don't expect his running mate, Clayton, to have as an abysmal year as last, thus taking receptions and TDs away from Joey Football.

Edited by gijunky

I would take him as a #3....but my #3's are usually younger with a higher upside..

my take is.....he shot his load last year....if he proved he could ever do what he did in consecutive years before flopping, I would put him higher...

but I will not fall for his ruse...even though I had him.....and add McCardell to this....I had him too...both via trade...I don't draft players like this...or Keyshawn...

Galloway had 5 TD's in his last 5 games of 2004 after coming back from injury. Nobody seems to remember that.

'No' is the answer here. Well, he might I guess, but I'm not going to be the one drafting him as high as someone else who's feeling lucky will. This guy has been a bust for years and years (until last year), its not like he's coming around in his 3rd year or something like that.

Galloway had 5 TD's in his last 5 games of 2004 after coming back from injury. Nobody seems to remember that.

But after one decent year, people seem to forget this is a WR that had not topped 900 yards or six TD's for the last six years and while he had four of the previous six years shortened by injury, he had only averaged 800 yards and 4.5 TDs in the two seasons that he actually lasted all 16 games.

Which one of these are not like the others?

1999 22-335-1

2000 4-62-1

2001 52-699-3

2002 61-908-6

2003 34-672-2

2004 33-416-5

2005 83-1287-10

He's one of the oldest, and maybe the oldest, WR in the NFL at the age of 35.

It was a magic year, nothing more.

But after one decent year, people seem to forget this is a WR that had not topped 900 yards or six TD's for the last six years and while he had four of the previous six years shortened by injury, he had only averaged 800 yards and 4.5 TDs in the two seasons that he actually lasted all 16 games.

Which one of these are not like the others?

1999 22-335-1

2000 4-62-1

2001 52-699-3

2002 61-908-6

2003 34-672-2

2004 33-416-5

2005 83-1287-10

He's one of the oldest, and maybe the oldest, WR in the NFL at the age of 35.

It was a magic year, nothing more.

So, you're saying that either Tampa Bay is going to suck in the passing game this year or Michael Clayton is going to have a big year. Let me add that I'm not looking to draft him as my #1 or #2 but I definitely will take him as a #3. His big year last year did not shock me as I had drafted him late in all of my leagues and I felt if he could stay healthy in Gruden's offense he could put up good numbers. Clayton will take away some of his numbers this year but he is not the #1 target for Simms.

So, you're saying that either Tampa Bay is going to suck in the passing game this year or Michael Clayton is going to have a big year. Let me add that I'm not looking to draft him as my #1 or #2 but I definitely will take him as a #3. His big year last year did not shock me as I had drafted him late in all of my leagues and I felt if he could stay healthy in Gruden's offense he could put up good numbers. Clayton will take away some of his numbers this year but he is not the #1 target for Simms.

Well, Michael Clayton had 1193 yards and 7 TDs as a rookie when he was healthy and in 2005 fell off the map because he was unable to workout much with the team while recovering from surgery during the offseason and then was plagued by injuries the entire season. I do expect him to improve his numbers from 2005, though perhaps not to the level of what he did in 2004 if Galloway does the unexpected and actually remains healthy for another season.

The line of thinking that Galloway's big year was no surprise last year seems a sureptious pick given that the previous year with Gruden he only had 416 yards and five scores in yet another injury-shortened season. Like many wideouts, Galloway basically had an explosion through midseason but never exceeded 100 yards in his final five games and scored in only two of his last seven games. Not to mention Simms was not even the starting QB during drafts last year.

I would also question automatically considering that Galloway will be Simms #1 wideout. Simms only threw for 10 touchdowns last year and just five went to Galloway. This during a season that Clayton was unable to play up to his potential because of a dislocated shoulder and a bad turf toe.

Galloway had not really performed worthy of being a #3 WR for the six years prior to 2005 including a previous season with Gruden. Why would last year count more than his previous six years considering that Clayton was a non-factor due to injury, Simms only threw for 10 TDs in 11 games and remained at or below 200 yards in seven of his final eight games, and that in the six games that Cadillac Williams ran for 100 or more yards, Galloway only averaged about 45 yards per game (which included 2 games with 0 catches).

Galloway had a magic year that could not be foreseen and is unlikly to be repeated IMO. He can repeat only if Cadillac is injured for an extended period of time, Clayton continues to get injured and does not continue his rookie season and Galloway actually remains healthy for an entire season while turning 35 years old with an extensive injury history and that Simms starts to throw for more than 200 yards per game and can score more than an average of once per game.

I just don't see all that happening. Nor even most of it. Maybe none of it.