[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup Format

rbmcdonald

Ok, here is the Rules. Each country forms a Battalion, say 600 men or women, only rule is they must be native born. Each Battalion is outfitted the same, with equipment readily available in the open arms market. No air cover, armor, artillery or thermonuclear devices.

Rather than an initial round robin. Round one will be single elimination, round two winners get the top seed from that group, round two losers get the second seed from that Group.

As with the World Cup, round three is Group A top seed vs Group B second seed, and Group B top seed vs Group B second seed. Groups C & D, E & F and G & H are similarly paired.

We will start with Group A:

Germany vs Costa Rica and Ecuador vs Poland.

Who wins, anyone can chime in, but you have to have a take for you vote.

I will start:

Germany: Please they have started two World Wars, surely they have learned something.

Poland: Every tyrante or despote that has wanted to rule Europe has marched through Poland. Surely the Poles have learned enough from getting their But kicked for 2,000 years to take Ecuador.

What say the rest of you?

Agree with both your choices. Has Ecuador evr been in a war? :D

Between 1904 and 1942, Ecuador lost territories in a series of conflicts with its neighbors. A border war with Peru that flared in 1995 was resolved in 1999. Although Ecuador marked 25 years of civilian governance in 2004, the period has been marred by political instability. Seven presidents have governed Ecuador since 1996.

Man that has to suck, your only two neighboors are Columbia and Peru, at least you have some good "stuff".

Poland: Every tyrante or despote that has wanted to rule Europe has marched through Poland. Surely the Poles have learned enough from getting their But kicked for 2,000 years to take Ecuador.

See now, by that reasoning you're gonna' have France winning the whole damn thing.

I think Germany obliterates Costa Rica - only way Costa Rica has a chance is if this contest is held in some sort of tropical rainforest type setting.

I like Ecuador over Poland in a nailbiter.

See now, by that reasoning you're gonna' have France winning the whole damn thing.

I think Germany obliterates Costa Rica - only way Costa Rica has a chance is if this contest is held in some sort of tropical rainforest type setting.

I like Ecuador over Poland in a nailbiter.

Costa Rica is one of the few countries in the world that does not have a standing army. I don't think they stand a chance regardless of locale. :D