[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

eBay...I've never used it before

I Like Soup

So I finally joined eBay to bid on an item. :D What is the best way to win an item...to come swooping in at the last minute or...? :D

:D

Depends. I tend to send the seller an email asking to suck on their toes for the item in question. if that doesn't work i take glamour shots of me ontop of a see-saw dressed like Punky Brewster and send them to the seller. If he/she still wont award me the item I put them on my X-mas card mailing list.

I always look at the shipping, and figure out what the most I am willing to spend on something, and then subtract the shipping from what I'm willing to spend and put that in as my max bid and let it automatically increase at the minimum increments until I either win, or what I'm willing to bid is exceeded. I've bought quite a bit of sports memorablia and a few games.

sniping is common. I usually have two windows open. One window shows the clock ticking down (with constant refreshes) and the second window has my bid ready for me to "place bid now". If I really want the item, I'll have three windows open in case my one bid wasn't high enough.

I usually start my bid process with about 20 seconds left in an auction, never earlier. Sometimes, I put phone time on speaker and time it that way. I usually get my bids confirmed in thae last few seconds, no sniping software used. I usually win the auctions I bid on and I rarely overpay.

When I sell I always search for closed auctions of the item I'm selling. I then email all the losing bidders of the closed auctions letting them know another item they were interested in but lost out on is back on the market. I usually get quick action from this and the watch count always goes up.

good luck

I will be sniping...:D

It doesn't appear from the bidding history that a bid is beaten within seconds of the previous bid so I think I'll put in for it right before 1AM... :D

Sweet...I won. I put my bid in about 20 seconds before the auction ended and had my maximum bid slightly higher than the other person. :D Of course, I stayed up a little late...:D

So...I won the item that was up for bid Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1:05am. I paid for it via paypal on eBay about 7 or 8 minutes later...so here is my next eBay question :D

1. When can I expect it to be shipped?

1. Will I get a notice from the seller or something?

I haven't seen or heard anything yet...:D

Dear Mr. Soup

You should be recieving your butt plug withing 6 to 8 weeks. We are normally able to have butt plugs shipped within 3 to 4 weeks, but we have to special order the extra large ones, to make up for this, you will receive some free anal beeds as well. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your positive feedback.

Dear Mr. Soup

You should be recieving your butt plug withing 6 to 8 weeks. We are normally able to have butt plugs shipped within 3 to 4 weeks, but we have to special order the extra large ones, to make up for this, you will receive some free anal beeds as well. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your positive feedback.

my wife wont let me go on ebay anymore :D

Dear Mr. Soup

Dear Mr. Perch,

As you are the bona fide expert in oversize buttplugs, I would have expected your company to have them ready and waiting for me. Your inventory and knowledge of said butt plugs is renowned in the industry...I guess because you are such a big ass yourself.

my wife wont let me go on ebay anymore :D

Stay focused Yukon...my question...what is the answer.?

Oh...as long as the wife still gets you a beer and makes you a sammich, you should be fine! :D

So...I won the item that was up for bid Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1:05am. I paid for it via paypal on eBay about 7 or 8 minutes later...so here is my next eBay question :D

1. When can I expect it to be shipped?

1. Will I get a notice from the seller or something?

I haven't seen or heard anything yet...:D

the seller should/ will send u a email

u should usually wait to pay after they do this but u should be ok

Dear Mr. Perch,

As you are the bona fide expert in oversize buttplugs, I would have expected your company to have them ready and waiting for me. Your inventory and knowledge of said butt plugs is renowned in the industry...I guess because you are such a big ass yourself.

Dear Mr. Soup,

I believe that you are mistaken. We do not produce or test any of the products we sell. The product in question is the Skins III XL, with vibrating driver. You should constact Skins Anal Prodcuts Galore with questions regarding their lack of production. We have been having trouble with them lately because it seems that their CEO is also their tester, and he personally tests each individual product, and it appears that he spends more time on some than on others.

I actually just sent a rather non-threatening message to a seller that just sent me an old-school Nintendo game. $4.50 for "shipping and handling", and the game was sent in a regular manila envelope and wrapped in newspaper. The postage was $1.35. I don't think the "handling" and the envelope/newspaper are worth $3.15. I won't leave negative feedback or anything, but sent the guy a message to say that inflating his s&h costs to make a few extra bucks is a no-no. Perhaps he'll send me a free game or something. Perhaps he'll tell me to stick the game up my cornhole. :D

As a seller, I will say that the shipping can be a little tricky sometimes, we use UPS mainly. Like the $2 something extra to ship to a residence (HTH am I supposed to know if the place I am shipping is a business or residence :D ) and there are other small fees that UPS can and will add on your bill from time to time. We ALWAYS list shipping as a set price, so there is no miscommunication in that area and will usually base it off of the cost of shipping to zone 5, which would be like CA or NY from here. And that is not to make extra, but more or less to make sure we do not come up short and end up spinning our wheels.

But there are some people that really take advantage of it, like it seems your seller did on the game. I have also seen people set their shipping 2-3 times what it should be, but list the item they are selling at 1/2 the price it should be as a "Buy it Now" Auction. More than likely they are hoping you get so excited about the great deal on the item you are buying and do not pay attention to the over inflated shipping cost. These are the guys that I think you are referring to and I agree that it is a bit shady.