[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Len Bias

justin

Then again, who is to say Bias wouldn't have joined the horrible draft class? Remember Harold Miner...the little Jordan...or something like that?

Maybe, but I think Minor was picked up in the later in the first and was compared to Jordan for his dunking ability and looks. I don't remember that much hoopla or expectations for him.

Ron Harper (8th pick) - also to Cleveland.

Daugherty played 8 years, made the All-Star team 5 times, and led the Cavs to the playoffs 5 times, including 3 50+ win seasons with records of 57-25 in both 1989 & 1992. Unfortunately back trouble led to a shortened career. The only thing "frustrating" about it was that it coincided with the end of Detroit's Bad Boys era and the beginning of the Jordan era.

Ah right, good old Ron Harper. He actually had a pretty solid career.

And regarding Daugherty... you gotta remember that the East had limited "big" talent back then. 5 All-Star games... OK, not bad.. but :D Only an 8-year career. As I recall, he was a mild disappointment. And as you noted, came at an unfortunate time w/ Detroit passing the torch to Chicago.

I don't think it would have mattered. Daugherty was a good player, but he was not a game changing player. He would have been a great number 2 on any team, but that Cavs team needed a stud to lead them to the promised land.

Yeah pretty much. As I recall, Daugherty was on the "softer" side.

He was the #2 option on the team, Price was the #1. Along with Harper, Nance, Hot-Rod Williams, and Craig Ehlo. To win 57 games (twice) is not too shabby, this year's champ will either have 52 wins (Miami) or 60 wins (Dallas).

Yeah those Cavs were JUST good enough to give other teams problems... but not GREAT enough to really get over the hump.