[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

U.S. vs. Ghana

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what led to the penalty kick was a bad decision by the US defense to try to play the ball back into the field instead of just kicking it out for a throw-in. The result was a pop-up into the box where the foul was called.

Can't believe the ref called a penalty kick there.

The US is playing awfully.

Reading most of you talk about the refereeing is just painful, as you have ZERO ability to be even sligthly objective and have an adult conversation. :D

And we have the French commentary.

I believe many of us have said the US aren't playing well but the refereeing (sp?) in soccer is just brutal at times that said it's not much different then other US sports like Hockey and BBall. I just don't think you can call a penalty in that spot when both guys are going for the ball equally.

One call in a soccer match can decide the game but you know that more then I do.

Reading most of you talk about the refereeing is just painful, as you have ZERO ability to be even sligthly objective and have an adult conversation. :D

I just back and watched replays of the "foul" that resulted in the penalty kick. I see very little way that anybody could look at it objectively and think that it should have resulted in a penalty kick.

Edit to add: As a matter of fact, I don't think it would have been any worse of a call if the the player for Ghana had been given a yellow card for diving in the box.

Edited by wiegie

:D this coming from the guy who was complaining about zidane's yellow cards!

of course we're not objective. :D WE'RE ROOTING FOR AMERICA.

How can the US be ranked fifth in the world??? :D

The same way the Czechs can be ranked 2cd.

How'd you like to be a Czech fan who watched his team destroy its opponent 3-0 in the opening match of the WC but will end up going home.

How can the US be ranked fifth in the world??? :D

those rankings are meaningless.

at least ghana would advance over the czechs.

i would feel worse about that penalty kick if the u.s. actually scores in the second half, but doesn't look like it.