[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty value of Peyton

DO Jaded

In a 12-team IDP dynasty league with no contracts, standard scoring (4pt passing TD), I'm getting offers for Peyton. Should I trade him and if so, what should I be looking for? I pick 9th in each round of the rookie draft and will probably take a QB in round 1. Would an early(top 5) 1st and 2nd rounder plus another player be worth it? Maybe a player like Benson or Julius Jones?

My roster:

Anderson, Derek CLE QB

Carr, David HOU QB

Manning, Eli NYG QB

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Alexander, Shaun SEA RB

Evans, Heath NEP RB

Herron, Noah GBP RB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

Moore, Mewelde MIN RB

Morris, Maurice SEA RB

Shelton, Eric CAR RB

Stecker, Aaron NOS RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR

Curtis, Kevin STL WR

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR

Moss, Randy OAK WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Robinson, Koren MIN WR

Heap, Todd BAL TE

Lindell, Rian BUF PK

Scobee, Josh JAC PK

Bernard, Robert SEA DT

Henderson, John JAC DT

Berry, Bert ARI DE

Cody, Dan BAL DE

Kerney, Patrick ATL DE

Okeafor, Chike ARI DE

Ayodele, Akinola DAL LB

Brooks, Derrick TBB LB

Burnett, Kevin DAL LB

Cooper, Marquis TBB LB

Gardner, Gilbert IND LB

Hobson, Victor NYJ LB

June, Cato IND LB

Quarles, Shelton TBB LB

Ruud, Barrett TBB LB

Taylor, Ben GBP LB

Watson, Courtney BUF LB

O'Neal, Deltha CIN CB

Robinson, Dunta HOU CB

Trufant, Marcus SEA CB

Manuel, Marquand GBP S

You could use another decent RB for sure... plus I think Eli is ready to become a stud. I would definitely entertain some offers for Peyton, but do not let him go for less than what he is worth... no way would I give him up for Benson.

You could use another decent RB for sure... plus I think Eli is ready to become a stud. I would definitely entertain some offers for Peyton, but do not let him go for less than what he is worth... no way would I give him up for Benson.

But what if it was Benson/D.Williams or Addai/Ernie Sims?

If you can get Benson (or Jones) plus a top 5 pick in the first and second you'll be robbing the guy blind. Lets not forget that this is a dynasty league and Peyton is 30 years old.

I disagree, Manning is atleast a known commodity producing every year. Benson is possibly in a great situation if Thomas Jones moves on, but he nor Julius are a sure thing. With a top 5 draft pick it makes it interesting but maybe you could do a little better. Peyton has been durable and still has about 5 more years if he wants to play that long.

Neither Benson nor the top 5 runningback would be a sure thing, but he would have an enormous amount of potential in such a trade. Benson was taken as a top 5 pick last year for a reason. If he doesn't have huge numbers this year with Jones in the mix it's still a good bet that he will sometime in the not-so-distant future. I say it's more of a risk to hold onto Manning when you've already got a servicable QB in the other Manning (and maybe even Carr, though this year may be his last chance to impress). Manning has been a known commodity in the past when he's had potent weapons to work with on offense and a team that was winning in general, but an awful lot has changed now in Indy. Last year was devastating for the team and don't expect it to get back to the form that it was once in. In addition it has lost Edgerrin James leaving a big ? at the RB position and Marvin Harrison (who has always been Peyton's #1 go-to-guy) has had his production steadily dropping off in the past few years (you can make a case for Reggie Wayne's effect all you want but you are still looking at a 6'0 175 pound receiver who will be 34 years old in Marvin Harrison) and now he's coming into camp after having had recent surgery on an injured wrist and elbow. The Colts are a team that is searching for an identity right now and Manning should be traded while you can still get top-dollar value for him. At this point that team and Manning looks to be going the way of the Packers and Brett Favre.

Edited by Crazysight

That's a good point. If possible I would trade for a proven RB over the equivalent of two unproven ones. Of course with injuries and all that happen to runningbacks all the time you're never completely safe with just one even if he is proven, but, all things considered, try to get what you feel is the best bet at that position. If you can't get a proven RB than look to potential.

Edited by Crazysight

From what I see from your team, you have Eli who will definately be a good option a QB for years to come and a pretty good bye week guy in Carr.

As for WR, Moss/Moss/DJax will definately be good WR for at least 2 or 3 years.

Your TE, Todd Heap, is a #4-6 TE.

However, your RB is where you falter. Shaun Alexander is a man-god and you will love his 23+ TD next year. However, you are looking at Moore as your #2 RB and thats not so hot.

If you can, look for someone like Ronnie Brown or Lamont for Peyton (somewhat of a stretch) and if not, trade him for a Willie Parker like player and a draft pick.