[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pre-Season Power Rankings

NoSupe4You

Reading the Seahawks blog on a local paper's web site, one entry was about the Seahawks being number 1 in the new ESPN preseason power rankings. What was more interesting was a link to last years preseason power rankings. Check out the comment for the Steelers.

2005 ESPN Preseason Power Rankings

Why is everyone so high on the Pats?

The 'skins at 29? The Jets at 9? :D

Edited by BigTen

Reading the Seahawks blog on a local paper's web site, one entry was about the Seahawks being number 1 in the new ESPN preseason power rankings. What was more interesting was a link to last years preseason power rankings. Check out the comment for the Steelers.

2005 ESPN Preseason Power Rankings

Thats kind of creepy about the steelers, too bad ESPN can't predict football ranking worth a crap

For those of you wondering... here are this year's 2006 pre-season power rankings.

I totally disagree with Miami being in the top 10. Even with their level of talent, there are just too many question marks about that team this year IMO to have that much confidence in this ranking.

Interesting how close all of the NFC East teams are ranked... that division is totally up for grabs at this point. Will be fun to see who steps up.

These rankings are pre-2005, SOME of the comments are 2006 comments.

Pay no attention to this until it's fixed up.

The link I posted are the 2005 rankings with the 2005 comments. As far as the rankings go, especially preseason, pay no more attention to them then a fun read. They have a hard enough time getting the rankings to look some what correct during the season, let alone preseason speculation.

wow...they make it seem like the rest of the nfc east is head and shoulders ahead of the Eagles...

this is hilarious...

It is only hilarious to Eagles fans, who fail to realize that their run on the division and the conference is over and ended without a title, as is always the case in Philadelphia. If you want to see Championship parades, you need to head to the other side of the state.

Edited by Menudo

The link I posted are the 2005 rankings with the 2005 comments. As far as the rankings go, especially preseason, pay no more attention to them then a fun read. They have a hard enough time getting the rankings to look some what correct during the season, let alone preseason speculation.

even the 2005 rankings still had the Roethlisberger helmet comments. That's why I thouht it was messed up.

even the 2005 rankings still had the Roethlisberger helmet comments. That's why I thouht it was messed up.

The 2005 rankings were put out after Winslow's accident and Ben's comments of not wearing a helmet. ESPN was predicting problems in there Steelers blog, and they turned out to be 100% correct.

It is only hilarious to Eagles fans, who fail to realize that their run on the division and the conference is over and ended without a title, as is always the case in Philadelphia. If you want to see Championship parades, you need to head to the other side of the state.

There are not many bigger homers on this board than you Menudo. Everyone who is a fan of a team should be a homer to some degree. As someone who can look at the game objectively, I somewhat agree with Avernus and somewhat agree with you, minus the hate factor..

See, there is no doubt that every team in the NFC East has gotten a bit better since prior to last season when the Eagles were terrorizing the NFC. But, there were 14 starters for the Eagles who were, for one reason or the other, sidelined for the season. That makes it extremely difficult to compete in a division that is improving like the NFC East.

Do I think the Eagles are better than the rest of the division? Not necessarily. But, I do not necessaril think they are worse either. McNabb is coming into this season in what I would call his 'prime year'. He should be the best QB in the NFC East this season and when he is comfortable, he plays better. You guys seem to forget he was injured all last season.

They got a new O-Coordinator with Marty but the gameplan is Reid's anyway. Childres did not do a whole lot other than follow Andy's lead. I think Marty can do that just as well or better. The D-Line will be better wth their new coach and a deeper pass rush with a healthy Howard and McDougle.

There are those who argue that McNabb won't be able to do it without Owens and while I agree that statisticaly Owens put the passing game for the Eagles into a higher tier, I would not go as far as to say the offense won't be effective. Donovan has done it in the past wth less talent than Brown, Pinkston, Gaffney and LJ.

Should be interesting. I think the Eagles could be in 1st place in the East or 3rd place in the East. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens.

:D

There are not many bigger homers on this board than you Menudo. Everyone who is a fan of a team should be a homer to some degree. As someone who can look at the game objectively, I somewhat agree with Avernus and somewhat agree with you, minus the hate factor..

See, there is no doubt that every team in the NFC East has gotten a bit better since prior to last season when the Eagles were terrorizing the NFC. But, there were 14 starters for the Eagles who were, for one reason or the other, sidelined for the season. That makes it extremely difficult to compete in a division that is improving like the NFC East.

Do I think the Eagles are better than the rest of the division? Not necessarily. But, I do not necessaril think they are worse either. McNabb is coming into this season in what I would call his 'prime year'. He should be the best QB in the NFC East this season and when he is comfortable, he plays better. You guys seem to forget he was injured all last season.

They got a new O-Coordinator with Marty but the gameplan is Reid's anyway. Childres did not do a whole lot other than follow Andy's lead. I think Marty can do that just as well or better. The D-Line will be better wth their new coach and a deeper pass rush with a healthy Howard and McDougle.

There are those who argue that McNabb won't be able to do it without Owens and while I agree that statisticaly Owens put the passing game for the Eagles into a higher tier, I would not go as far as to say the offense won't be effective. Donovan has done it in the past wth less talent than Brown, Pinkston, Gaffney and LJ.

Should be interesting. I think the Eagles could be in 1st place in the East or 3rd place in the East. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens.

:D

Well, the extra stuff was just trying to get at Avernus, but, I don't totally disagree with you. The Eagles are a tough team to predict. I see their wins range from 6 to 12, wich is a much bigger range than I would give most teams. In the end though, my feeling is that they are a decent team, but, they just happen to play in a division where three teams are better than them. I won't be shocked if I am wrong, but, if I had to bet on where the Eagles would finish in their division, I'd have to bet on 4th.......

McNabb's value with no other offensive weapons in his arsenal was his ability to run the football. With the emergence of Westbrook and the arrival of Owens, that wasn't necessarily the situation. Can you say with certitude that this version of McNabb with less running ability and no proven receiving corps is going to be "comfortable"?

I like McNabb, and think he'll be a reasonable performer this season, but I understand the concerns people raise about his situation.

For those of you wondering... here are this year's 2006 pre-season power rankings.

I totally disagree with Miami being in the top 10. Even with their level of talent, there are just too many question marks about that team this year IMO to have that much confidence in this ranking.

Interesting how close all of the NFC East teams are ranked... that division is totally up for grabs at this point. Will be fun to see who steps up.

Typical ESPN rankings.

McNabb's value with no other offensive weapons in his arsenal was his ability to run the football. With the emergence of Westbrook and the arrival of Owens, that wasn't necessarily the situation. Can you say with certitude that this version of McNabb with less running ability and no proven receiving corps is going to be "comfortable"?

I like McNabb, and think he'll be a reasonable performer this season, but I understand the concerns people raise about his situation.

There are not many things in life you can guarantee except death and taxes.. And there is no proof that he has less running ablitly.. He has just been less willing to run.. I agree though, he is more effective when he poses that threat.

I am just saying that people should not write the Eagles off yet.. It is going to be a fun year in the NFC East.