[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade help WHIR

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:11 pm Post subject: Trade help WHIR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have sent a counter-offer of TJ Duckett and 3.08 rook pick for 1.08 and an 07 2nd. What do you think?

Here are the teams:

12 Team Dynasty (QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D)

Mine:

QB-Brooks, Grossman, Harrington, Volek, Walter

RB-James, C. Williams, Droughns, Duckett, Rhodes, Davenport

WR-RMoss, D.Jackson, Roy Williams, Bennett, Jurevicius, Gabriel, MJones, Bradley

TE-LJSmith

K-Rackers

D-Pitt, Indy

His:

QB - Brunell, Favre, Losman, Ramsey, Wright

RB - Alstott, S Davis, Hicks, K Johnson, McAllister, Turner, M Williams

WR - Finneran, Givens, Horn, Northcutt, Porter

TE - Gonzalez, Miller

K - Feely, Vanderjagt,

D - Phi, NE

i think duckett is just short of worthless and would be shocked if you got a first round pick for him.

Yeah, gotta agree. Even with the other guy's RB stable looking ultra-thin, he would be a complete moran to give up a first-rounder for Duckett.

i think duckett is just short of worthless and would be shocked if you got a first round pick for him.

A worthless RB who scores 10 TDs per year?

Well the initial proposal from him was ridiculous. Check it out:

Favre, Brett GBP QB;Horn, Joe NOS WR; Year 2006 Draft Pick 1.08; Year 2007 Round 1 ;Year 2007 Round 2 Draft Pick

for

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB;Duckett, T.J. ATL RB;Jones, Matt JAC WR; Year 2006 Draft Pick 3.08

Favre, Brett GBP QB;Horn, Joe NOS WR; Year 2006 Draft Pick 1.08; Year 2007 Round 1 ;Year 2007 Round 2 Draft Pick

for

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB;Duckett, T.J. ATL RB;Jones, Matt JAC WR; Year 2006 Draft Pick 3.08

Um, sorry... but his trade actually makes a ton of sense and yours makes little to no sense.

You'd be getting TWO first rounders; one this year, one next year AND another solid pick next year. That alone is worth Droughns and Jones, if not more. And in my opinion, Favre holds more value than Duckett.

Had you recognized this and took that deal, you could turn Favre around to someone who is deficient at QB for a draft pick or younger talent.

I guess you REALLY like Droughns and Duckett. :D

Um, sorry... but his trade actually makes a ton of sense and yours makes little to no sense.

You'd be getting TWO first rounders; one this year, one next year AND another solid pick next year. That alone is worth Droughns and Jones, if not more. And in my opinion, Favre holds more value than Duckett.

Had you recognized this and took that deal, you could turn Favre around to someone who is deficient at QB for a draft pick or younger talent.

I guess you REALLY like Droughns and Duckett. :D

Not necessarily. But I'm not tradin away all my depth at RB so I can be screwed if Edge or Lac goes down. I have a contending team, and that would cripple it.

The picks would be nice, but not at the price of all my depth.

Also Favre and Horn would not get to play on my team, so it boils down to Droughns >> 1.08, Duckett = 07 2nd, Jones > 07 first. Not worth it IMO.

for

is this a bizarro post thread? this is a great deal for you. maybe you should stop playing this game.

oh, and duckett only posted 8 TDs in each of the last 2 seasons, not 10. last season he rushed for a whopping 380 yards.

i guess a lot of this depends who is still out there to pick in your league.

even with that, if you add favre and horn, you have some very nice trade bait there. i have to believe you could pick up someone as good as duckett (i bet rhodes has better numbers this season, and you already have him). so it really comes down to droughns. i'd take the proven players and the picks and with that, i have to believe you can deal for something better than droughns ...

is this a bizarro post thread? this is a great deal for you. maybe you should stop playing this game.

oh, and duckett only posted 8 TDs in each of the last 2 seasons, not 10. last season he rushed for a whopping 380 yards.

11 the year before that.

I fail to see how it is a great deal. I get players I can't use, and deplete my RBs. Not to mention giving up a future stud in Jones. There are shrewd owners in this league. Favre and Horn hold little value as their careers are about to end.

So let's see. Say I get VYoung with the pick. Can't use him unless Volek goes down, in which case I would still have Favre and Brooks. I get Horn who is 35 and behind Moss, DJax, and Roy. I give up 2 RBs so I have Edge, Lac, Rhodes, and Davenport? How do I win if Edge goes down? I basically trade away the season for rookies.

Everyone in here always says "don't undervalue RBs." Now I should just give them away + Jones for a bunch of rookies--two of which I won't even see until next year!!!

alright, alright. good points.

:D damn dynasty leagues.

it still doesn't change my take on duckett. the huddle has him ranked at 45, so you would have to reach down pretty deep in a 12 team league for him to warrant a roster spot. put another way, if he's starting for you, you must be rebuilding, so you might as well get anything you can for him that helps you in future seasons. i'm guessing the other owner sees this the same way, so i'm doubting he would go for it.

you didn't respond to my reco of taking favre and horn and then trying to trade for an upgrade over droughns with other players. that is a possibility and would leave you with first round picks for the next 2 seasons. you said you were contending ... well, i don't know what the other teams look like in your league, but my guess is that if you lose one of your top 2 RBs, you won't be contending anymore ... so that depth you are looking for this season may not be as important as you think.

alright, alright. good points.

:D damn dynasty leagues.

it still doesn't change my take on duckett. the huddle has him ranked at 45, so you would have to reach down pretty deep in a 12 team league for him to warrant a roster spot. put another way, if he's starting for you, you must be rebuilding, so you might as well get anything you can for him that helps you in future seasons. i'm guessing the other owner sees this the same way, so i'm doubting he would go for it.

you didn't respond to my reco of taking favre and horn and then trying to trade for an upgrade over droughns with other players. that is a possibility and would leave you with first round picks for the next 2 seasons. you said you were contending ... well, i don't know what the other teams look like in your league, but my guess is that if you lose one of your top 2 RBs, you won't be contending anymore ... so that depth you are looking for this season may not be as important as you think.

It's a good idea. But he's been shopping these two guys all off-season, with no takers. I'm not sure I'd fare any better. Not to mention that I already have 2 first rounders next year, and he's in my division...

I am thinking of offering Droughns for 1.08 and Favre though....

It's a good idea. But he's been shopping these two guys all off-season, with no takers. I'm not sure I'd fare any better. Not to mention that I already have 2 first rounders next year, and he's in my division...

I am thinking of offering Droughns for 1.08 and Favre though....

remember that you don't have to offer the same guys. favre could potentially put up similar numbers to brooks (i don't trust brooks, despite all the oakland hype ... similar to collins last season), and horn could see some nice numbers with brees in town. these guys give you some flex to offer up other players to pull off a deal ... just depends on how much wheeling and dealing you feel like doing (i love that stuff).