[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Since it has to do with Sunday Ticket

Snaggy

In which we watch of football game I thought this would be appropriate to read here...So I called my Direct TV Customer Service and stated that i have been with there company for 5 years and have one of there High/Mid ....and Basic at the moment that I was thinking of switching to Verizon Fiber Optic Television that they promised me a better deal ...I would like to ask what they could do for me...He gave me 2 months all of free movie Chanels and 10.00 off my bill per month for 1 yr ...i know I would like to keep an extra 120.00 in my wallet....and by the way i never talked to verizon....

Kudos...I basically did the same thing with Comcast.

Called them, told them I have been a customer for 6 years, subscribe to HD on my big screen, have expanded cable on two others, and have high-speed internet with them...used to pay about $120 total per month, and told them I was considering satellite as another option, since they were offering me a nice deal.

Without any hesitation, she dropped my bill to a combined total of $99 for all services for one year.

Saves me $252 per year...all for a 3 minute phone call. :D

Kudos...I basically did the same thing with Comcast.

Called them, told them I have been a customer for 6 years, subscribe to HD on my big screen, have expanded cable on two others, and have high-speed internet with them...used to pay about $120 total per month, and told them I was considering satellite as another option, since they were offering me a nice deal.

Without any hesitation, she dropped my bill to a combined total of $99 for all services for one year.

Saves me $252 per year...all for a 3 minute phone call. :D

No Sunday Ticket!~! :D

Ever tried Direct TV's High Speed Internet? :D

I get $15.00 per month off my high speed internet (which really is high speed) and use the savings hanging out with my buds at the local sports bar in season.

Another bonus, the sports bar has 10 big screen TV's compared to my 1 big screen TV, eye candy brings us our food & drinks and there's no mess to clean up after the games. :D

No Comcast means no hometown sports here in Philly....would gladly head to a bar or a friends house for 17 Sundays in order to enjoy Sixers, Flyers and Phillies year-round. We here in Philly have no options, other than to subscribe to Comcast AND satellite, in order to get our sports and NFL ticket.

So I justify it by thinking: who wants to spend the day inside channel-surfing when I can be at my local establishment watching all the games at once on plasma screens while some college-hottie brings me my green bottles every 30 minutes??

Edited by i_am_the_swammi