[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson Hitting the Pipe?

Local Seattle radio just now saying he and his agent were not on the same page...

He is not going to rehab, nor is he having problems. Not sure of the source.. some play by play guy in Minn I think.

Ooopps! How the heck does that happen? Something seems fishy.

Alcoholism is no joke guys....he needs help..so be it...it shouldn't harm his play..only improves him as a person and player by seeking help....hang onto KRob as a 4th or 5th WR and you might have a good WR by season's start!! :D:D I applaud him for making the right move if he is an alcoholic.... :D:D:D

That is why I believe in him. It takes a real man to check in if he has a problem. Its when u are in denial when u are screwed. But all we know he could have been a guest speaker. Or going to support someone that need him their the most.

Where does the article mention a thing about smoking?? Other than the title, there is no mention. The article in today's Star Tribune says that he just went to help him stay out of trouble because of the down time before training camp. Sounds like a positive thing to me. I'll reserve judgement until I hear more.

The title of this post, hitting the pipe. Where did that come from?

Fool me once, Koren, shame on you.

Fool Ziachild twice, shame on him. :D

EDIT: Fool DMD badly enough to rank you the #4 WR and shame on both of you! :D

Whatchu talkin bout Willis???? I do not have KoRo on a single fantasy team, and outta the 10 teams I have that is pretty good I would say.

Yeah I defended him last year, but I guess you could say that I am sort of the Nick Saban of fantasy. Talk the player up through their rough times and trade their ass when they raise their value back up. :lol

But seriously, I am glad the guy is getting help, regardless of his football career. Dealing with alcoholism seems like it can be a rough thing for a person (have some family/friends who have dealt with it), so if it makes his life better then :D for him.

Yeah I defended him last year, but I guess you could say that I am sort of the Nick Saban of fantasy. Talk the player up through their rough times and trade their ass when they raise their value back up. :lol

Glad I know for sure now. And I do my own homework.:D

Much ado about nothing...

Vikings' Robinson: 'I'm still good'Associated Press

National Football League News Wire

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings receiver Koren Robinson knows he'll always be under scrutiny while living life as a recovering alcoholic. These last few days, however, have been a little over the top.

Reports surfaced late Thursday night that Robinson had voluntarily checked himself into a rehab facility to seek further treatment. The term "rehab facility" carries with it a certain stigma that led some to believe he could have suffered a relapse.

Nothing could be further from the truth, Robinson said Friday afternoon.

"People hear rehab and they say, 'Oh no, he has problems," Robinson told The Associated Press in a phone interview from South Carolina. "I'm not in rehab. I'm still doing good. I'm still not drinking. I'm still working out. I'm still Koren, the cheerful, happy guy you all saw last year."

Robinson said he didn't check himself into a rehab facility and didn't have a relapse. Rather, he said, he is merely attending some relapse prevention classes in preparation for the start of the grueling NFL season, which affords the Pro Bowl kick returner little time to work on maintaining his recovery.

It's standard operating procedure for Robinson, who is doing everything he can to make sure that the alcohol problems that plagued him in the past don't return.

Robinson spent 28 days in an alcohol treatment facility last year after being cut by the Seattle Seahawks for several reasons, many of which Robinson attributed to alcohol abuse. He was in the facility during training camp last season and signed with the Vikings shortly after checking out.

The 26-year-old Robinson enjoyed a storybook season with the Vikings last year, emerging as the team's top receiver and making his first trip to Honolulu as a special teamer. He was a pillar in the locker room, being voted by his teammates to receive the team's Ed Block Courage award as well as receiving the Korey Stringer Good Guy Award for his cooperation with the local media.

The Vikings rewarded him with a new three-year contract in March that includes $5.5 million in guaranteed money.

"I just want to make sure I'm good for the season before I put myself back in that lifestyle," Robinson said. "In the NFL, when you lose, you feel real down and when you win, there's a lot of celebrating. I'm just making sure I'm bulletproof and being proactive."

Robinson said the relapse prevention classes help him "tune up" his recovery efforts and "reiterate stuff so that it's fresh in my mind. I just use that so I won't put myself in predicaments that would be bad situations."

During the season, "you don't really have that to-yourself-time," Robinson said. "You have a lot going on where you can't put that stuff in your personal life on the front burner. You can't deal with it."

That's why he's seeking that little extra help now.

Robinson reflected on his struggles often during last season, acknowledging they will always be with him.

"It just made me a totally different person," Robinson said. "I like how everything turned out. I'm happy. My family's good. I want that. I need that. I have to do what I can do to keep that, whether it's relapse prevention classes, talking to family, talking to friends. Whatever."

But life is good for him now. He's due to be married July 22 and will arrive at Vikings training camp at the end of the month as the team's No. 1 receiver.

Both Robinson and his agent, Alvin Keels, expressed frustration that his approach was made public. They see it as just another step toward maintaining his sobriety.

"Certain words were misconstrued," Robinson said. "I just didn't want anybody to see those reports and get it twisted that I screwed up. ... Tell everyone I'm still good. Everything is all right. I'm looking forward to the season, having a great year and bringing a Super Bowl to Minnesota."

• 1 month later...

Relapse prevention is a good idea. Assuming it's true, good for KRob. :D

Yeah, looks like someone had a warning. Now he's in real trouble. Good thng he didn't really hurt anyone. Well I hope he didn't.