[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss wanted to be a Falcon

kpholmes

I'm not going to jump into this discussion as a Raider fan or Randy Moss fan but as an NFL fan.

What Randy Moss did in GB was minor. He pretended to moon some fans, big frickin deal. He was sticking it to some of fans. Why do the Vikings have to take secret routes to get to the games every Sunday at Lambeau. Because their bus is pelted with tomatoes and eggs, and they get harassed the entire route to the field. They get their fun harassing the opposing players, why can't he have some fun with them. Everyone is OK with guys like CJ or Steve Smith rubbing it in every time they score a TD and celebrate with one of those lame river dance celebrations?!? Why can't Moss do it his way?

I agree that it is and was an immature and bonehead move, and as a HC I certainly wouldn't allow that kind of behavior. But to completely write off a top talent at an important position like WR come on! Blank didn't want to spend the money it would cost to bring in a loud mouthed ultra talented WR like Randy Moss.

The part in bold is BS.

Look at the money he's doled out to Warrick Dunn, Edgerton Hartwell, Peerless Price, John Abraham etc...etc...etc...

The Falcons owners nickname hereabouts is Art Blank "Check". Spending money on players has never been an issue with him.

The mooning incident alone, is not what slammed the door in Moss' face here in Atlanta. It's the sum of what Moss has done during his NFL career, what he did in College & even going back to High School when he and some of his thug buddies, beat the crap out of a white kid, putting him in hospital. The beating was racially motivated.

You can take the kid outa the ghetto...but you can't take the ghetto outa the kid.

Everybody & their brother knows the Raiders will take anybody. They've always been a haven for missfits and screwups. Moss is right where he needs to be.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mooning incident alone, is not what slammed the door in Moss' face here in Atlanta. It's the sum of what Moss has done during his NFL career, what he did in College & even going back to High School when he and some of his thug buddies, beat the crap out of a white kid, putting him in hospital. The beating was racially motivated.

You forgot to mention (and most of the press does) that the white kid called him a ni.gg.er before the fight in a predominantly white school in a predominantly white town in a predominantly white state. Now I am not condoning fighting because someone uses a racial slur...but every action is a result of another action.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Everybody & their brother knows the Raiders will take anybody. They've always been a haven for missfits and screwups. Moss is right where he needs to be.

The only thing you've said so far that I agree with.

I still think Moss is a punk, but the fac tis he hasn't really done anythign wrong since getting to the team. Does it change what he's done in hi spast? Not one bit. But are you REALLY comparing him to the players who have killed, been tied to killings and women beatings around the league? Doing so just makes you sound ignorant or Raider baiting.

You forgot to mention (and most of the press does) that the white kid called him a ni.gg.er before the fight in a predominantly white school in a predominantly white town in a predominantly white state. Now I am not condoning fighting because someone uses a racial slur...but every action is a result of another action.

You're right. As I said it was racially motivated. The kid did say that to Moss.

However it was not just Moss who responded.

Moss got some of his thug friends to help out in the beating and they beat the kid so badly, he ended up in the hospital.

But hey, we'll give Moss a pass on him and his buddies putting someone in the hospital, because the person used a racial slur and deserved it.

But then, how do we explain away Notre Dame yanking his scholarship?

How do we explain away his second chance to play for a Div 1A school ending up with him getting kicked off the team?

How do we explain away Moss walking off the field while his team was still in the game?

How do we explain away Moss using a Traffic Cop as a hood ornament?

How do we explain away Moss coming out now and saying he would've preferred playing for the Falcons or Ravens, instead of the Raiders.....a whole year after he's been on the team?

As I said, this punk is right where he needs to be. With the Raiders.

But are you REALLY comparing him to the players who have killed, been tied to killings and women beatings around the league? Doing so just makes you sound ignorant or Raider baiting.

:D

Excuse me?

In any of my my posts on Moss, where have I compared him to anybody?

Excuse me?

I remember reading somewhere....but I can't find it....someone mentioned Ray Lewis, S Taylor and a few others...

but I can't find it for whatever reason...

Moss belongs on the Raiders...they are notorious for getting players like Moss with attitude problems and also tend to not think....

Which is true. But The roster doesn't currently include a player publicly involved in DUI-Manslaughter, being part of a murder, beating of a wife, beating of a girlfriend, drug trafficing, etc.

We have punks, sure. Always have, always will.

But how many teams have downright Thugs on their rosters who commited their offenses while playing in the NFL as adults, and not as pampered teens in college? And compared to T.O.'s character assassinations in 2 cities (and counting), much ado abotu nothign is being made out of Moss saing he wanted to play for Atlanta. Who cares? He's not saying he still wants to play there, just saying when he was looking, that's where he wanted to go. Big deal.

How do we explain away Moss coming out now and saying he would've preferred playing for the Falcons or Ravens, instead of the Raiders.....a whole year after he's been on the team?

This is exactly what i'm talking about...the press and the fans who love to hate Moss making mountains out of molehills. So what if his first choices were the Falcons and the Ravens....he wanted to play with Vick or Ray Lews....I dont fault him for that.

When that didnt work out, he was happy to come to Oakland....and he is still happy.

I dont see any Raider fans getting all upset about this....just the national media trying to fan the flames and come up with some more dirt on Moss.

Which is true. But The roster doesn't currently include a player publicly involved in DUI-Manslaughter, being part of a murder, beating of a wife, beating of a girlfriend, drug trafficing, etc.

We have punks, sure. Always have, always will.

But how many teams have downright Thugs on their rosters who commited their offenses while playing in the NFL as adults, and not as pampered teens in college? And compared to T.O.'s character assassinations in 2 cities (and counting), much ado abotu nothign is being made out of Moss saing he wanted to play for Atlanta. Who cares? He's not saying he still wants to play there, just saying when he was looking, that's where he wanted to go. Big deal.

see...I don't mind the Raiders...and yeah alot of players want to go to certain places, but if they are not wanted....then they get away from that quickly...

I am just saying the likes of RMoss and ABrooks are typical Raider type players...

granted...I would draft both of these guys if they slipped to me...

but I'd trade both of them after a month because RMoss has had injury problems the past couple years and that would cause Brooks' value to drop...

so I'd like to package them while their value is high for the likes of say Manning and a struggling RB that likely has a favorable schedule on the horizon...

Excuse me?

I remember reading somewhere....but I can't find it....someone mentioned Ray Lewis, S Taylor and a few others...

but I can't find it for whatever reason...

I know the post you're talking about and it wasn't one of mine.

It's on the first page of this thread and was by another Raider fan, Return Of S&B.

He was comparing Moss to other NFL players and their missdeeds and using those examples to show that Moss & his behavior, was not as bad as others.

Here it is Post #11

Randy only wanted to be a Falcon because he liked the idea of Vick throwing to him....he couldnt give a ratt's azz about the Falcon's franchise.

Anyway spraying a water bottle at a ref and pretending to moon some fans is completely different level of character issue than beating up your wife/girlfriend (Steelers - Santonio Holmes / Bucs - Pittman) being an accessory to murder (Ravens - RayRay) selling drugs (Ravens - Jamal) and pointing a gun and then procede to beat the living crap out of somebody (Redskins - Taylor)

So my suggestion to you The Vatican Hitsquad, before accusing somebody of saying something...

...just make sure you've got the right person, otherwise...

Doing so just makes you sound ignorant

Edited by Big Score 1

Moss belongs on the Raiders...they are notorious for getting players like Moss with attitude problems and also tend to not think.... however are still incredibly talented.

fixed.

Yes, Al Davis takes old washed out players and hoodlums. Everyone knows this.

Because Al Davis doesn't really give a damn how old you are or what the hell you're doing off the field. All he cares about is what you can do for him on the field, this year. And yes half the time it works, and half the time it doesn't. Obveouslly Sapp hasn't worked out to well for us but now that they're back in the 4-3 he's started showing glimpses of his prime, Ron Stone and Charlie Garner wern't that phenominal either. But look at picking up Derrick Burggess after Philly threw him away, and the best recent example; Rich Gannon wininng league MVP and leading the team to a Superbowl.

I'm sorry, but the Falcon's front office screwed up. Randy Moss will be a HOF WR and still has a good handfull of years left in him. To pass on that talent (when they obveously needed, and still do need, that much help at WR) because of a few minor behavior incedents in comparisson to the rest of the league, is foolish.

Whether you like how the Raiders do things or not, they still have more rings than Atlanta. So maybe they're doing something right. :D

Edited by kpholmes

fixed.

Yes, Al Davis takes old washed out players and hoodlums. Everyone knows this.

Because Al Davis doesn't really give a damn how old you are or what the hell you're doing off the field. All he cares about is what you can do for him on the field, this year. And yes half the time it works, and half the time it doesn't. Obveouslly Sapp hasn't worked out to well for us but now that they're back in the 4-3 he's started showing glimpses of his prime, Ron Stone and Charlie Garner wern't that phenominal either. But look at picking up Derrick Burggess after Philly threw him away, and the best recent example; Rich Gannon wininng league MVP and leading the team to a Superbowl.

I'm sorry, but the Falcon's front office screwed up. Randy Moss will be a HOF WR and still has a good handfull of years left in him. To pass on that talent (when they obveously needed, and still do need, that much help at WR) because of a few minor behavior incedents in comparisson to the rest of the league, is foolish.

Whether you like how the Raiders do things or not, they still have more rings than Atlanta. So maybe they're doing something right. :D

no doubt...Atlanta did screw up by not trading for Moss...

Raiders record in 2004 before Moss joined the team = 5 - 11

Falcons record in 2004 without Moss = 11 - 5 and to the NFC Championship game

Raiders record last year after Moss joined the team = 4 - 12 :D

Falcons record last year without Moss = 8 - 8 :D

no doubt...Atlanta did screw up by not trading for Moss...

Nah...Blank would rather win a Championship with guys who are of a higher character. No need for him to stoop to signing a player of low character like Moss when you know there's WR's like Holt & Harrison around. Not saying the Falcons are going to sign either of those two, just pointing out that there are elite WR's, that aren't punks like Moss.

Just as an FYI, Blank turned T.O. away too.

Falcons came within a game of the Superbowl two years ago without any punks on the roster like Moss.

Sure you can try going with the Ron Mexico bit....but FYI, the Gold Digger dropped all charges and there wasn't enough evidence for the DA to consider pursuing it.

Wonder why she would drop all charges? :D

Oh! That's right. :D

She was only in it for the dough and once she got that, end of story.

So let me get this right: All of the Moss haters (only name I could come up with)...you are all owners (I suppose) of at least one FF team? That being a given...Moss is there for your pick in the 3rd round...because he's (in your opinion) a punk, a sissy, whatever...you as an owner pass on him??? Think I believe you would? Exactly why Al Davis did the same thing you would do...snatch him up and try and win a Super Bowl....come on guys....the bottom line is winning and Moss if nothing else gives you a better shot at winning...all this other crapola being slung around is pure fluff....JMHO :D

So let me get this right: All of the Moss haters (only name I could come up with)...you are all owners (I suppose) of at least one FF team? That being a given...Moss is there for your pick in the 3rd round...because he's (in your opinion) a punk, a sissy, whatever...you as an owner pass on him??? Think I believe you would? Exactly why Al Davis did the same thing you would do...snatch him up and try and win a Super Bowl....come on guys....the bottom line is winning and Moss if nothing else gives you a better shot at winning...all this other crapola being slung around is pure fluff....JMHO :D

:D:D

Why because they'll support people like Eugene Robinson and Ron Mexico, but don't want a superstar who pretends to :D rival fans in a big game?

Whatever you say... :D

At least Oakland doesn't pretend to be interested in character, they'll take the talent.

In the end, its still Atlanta's loss not having Moss line up at WR.

Wouldn't matter if they got Moss or not. If you don't have a QB who can throw the ball what good is a top WR? :D

As long as the falcons have Ron "herp" Mexico as their signal caller they will never, EVER reach the big game.

Edited by cliaz

This thread isn't about whether or not you would have Randy Moss on your fantasy football team.

It is about Moss saying he wanted to be on the Falcons & Blank telling him it would be a "cold day in Hell before that happened" (Moss' own words from the linked article).

It's about Moss being a punk and that's why Blank doesn't want him.

Personally, I'm not a "Moss hater" per se, he just is what he is.

I said;

The guy is an all world talent as an NFL WR, no doubt about it.

But he's also an all world classless punk...and there's no doubt about that either. :D

Would I have him on my fantasy football team if he was available when it came my turn to draft, I needed a WR thought & he was the best WR available?

Sure I would.

In the same situation, I'd also take TO, Jamal Lewis etc...etc...etc...

Plus, it's the oldest profession in the world, so it can't be all bad, can it?

The settlers and Native Americans smoked opium, Josh Gordon and other drugs hundreds of years ago.

Just because something has been done for a long time, doesn't make it right, or in either case, legal.

You had a sane argument up until that quasi-ridiculous comment.

The settlers and Native Americans smoked opium, Josh Gordon and other drugs hundreds of years ago.

Just because something has been done for a long time, doesn't make it right, or in either case, legal.

You had a sane argument up until that quasi-ridiculous comment.

i_am_the_swammi,

To begin with, it wasn't hundreds of years ago that opium & pot smoking was legal. It was just a few decades ago. Until relatively recently, opium was a general anesthetic and during the Civil War was used extensively on soldiers. Without it, many, many soldiers would've died from the shock of the surgical procedures performed at the battlefield hospitals. Thousands upon thousands of lives are owed to the numbing effects of opium just from the Civil War.

Once Morphine was invented, opium was slowly but surely relagated to illegal status. Of course, as we now know, morphine has become a Pandoras Box in it's own rights.

To this day Josh Gordon is used for some medicinal purposes and is quite legal in small amounts in some states and very legal in quite a few countires.

However, I wasn't talking about drugs, was I? I don't think sex will kill you unless you pick up a disease. If sex did kill you, then we humans would be extinct shortly.

You do know that Prostitution is legal in some states here in the US and in many countries around the world, right?

Just because Prostitution is illegal in some states & some countries, doesn't necessarily make it wrong. It just means that the people (or those in power) in those areas, have decided it's wrong while the people (or those in power) in other areas, have decided it's right.

The trouble arises when it's made illegal and becomes a black market commodity. This only drives it underground. We know it's going to continue, except now there's no regulation.

Diseases, crime etc are the end result.

You see a Hooker in Vegas or anywhere prostitution is legal, you KNOW you won't get an STD. The girls are tested and clean.

You see a Hooker in New York, or anywhere prostitution is illegal and you're rolling the dice.

As for me? I'm kinda of the opinion that as long as what you're doing is of your own free will & you're not hurting anyone, what's the problem?

For example. Our Hot Water Heater went out a month ago.

I'd been wanting to change the position of it so it was more out of the way in our basement and get a bigger tank. So when it went out, I bought a 50 gal tank and moved it...all of 3'. It is now actually safer, as the CO2 exhaust vent from the heater goes directly up into the outside vent.

But you know what? What I did was illegal because I didn't go to the City and pay for a $400.00 permit.

Did I hurt anyone? No! In fact, if anything, I have actually made it safer for me & my family.

But by the book, what I did was illegal.

So basically I broke the law, to make our residense safer for me, my wife and our children while hurting absolutely no one. :D

Besides, the sentence that you're having such a problem with, was a joke. Shoulda put some kinda emoticon at the end of it, so it wouldn't have gone over your head.

Sorry 'bout that.

First of all, I don't agree with prostitution to begin with. However this is what bothered me the most:

"Earlier in the day, Robinson lounged by the pool at the team's hotel with his wife, Gia, and their nine-year-old son, Brandon. The couple also has an 11-year-old daughter, Brittany."

Well Randy, maybe if you didn't moon fans, walk off the field while the game is still going, squirt Refs with your water bottle and stop using traffic cops as hood ornaments with a blunt in your ashtray, maybe the Falcons would've had a spot for you.

Oh! And by the way. You didn't cross Atlanta off your list...they crossed you off, you dufus. :D

First of all, I don't agree with prostitution to begin with.

Duly noted.

However, whether or not you agree with prostitution, is kind of irrelevant. As long as there are two species to the human race, there will be prostitution.

It's almost like you're saying you disagree with the wind. Prostitution is something that's a part of humanity.

Always has been, always will be.

However this is what bothered me the most:

"Earlier in the day, Robinson lounged by the pool at the team's hotel with his wife, Gia, and their nine-year-old son, Brandon. The couple also has an 11-year-old daughter, Brittany."

Just out of curiosity,

What is it that bothers you the most, about the above?

The fact that Robinson was planning to be unfaithful to his wife?

Or the fact that he was planning to be unfaithful to his wife with a prostitute?

Edited by Big Score 1