[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bell vs Parker

klo91

In a keeper league, would you rather have Tatum Bell or Willie Parker?

Here's a from fanball.com <http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.6631>

Age and Durability

Parker is roughly eight months older than Bell, so the gap isn't wide enough to give Tatum a point on the score card in that particular category. When it comes to durability, only the participants of the Team USA vs. Ghana match endured more minor maladies than Bell (there were more players stretchered off the field in one World Cup match than you'll see in an entire NFL season).

Ultimately, Bell missed only three games over the last two seasons, but there always seems to be something wrong with him. Among the body parts he's injured over the last two years are his chest, a toe, an ankle, a shoulder, a hamstring, a finger, and a rib. Meanwhile, Parker missed one game with an ankle injury last year. He was limited to five carries in one game and then sat out the next, but he bounced back and didn't miss a beat the rest of the way

---------------------------------------------------------------

This was a closer battle than the scorecard indicates. Yes, Parker held a 2-0-1 record in our three categories, but one of those wins was due to Bell's long list of minor injuries and the other is strictly because of the difference in coaching. Bell and Parker are both quality running backs and if they swapped uniforms, the final tally would read 1-1-1. If both players stay healthy and get a similar number of carries over the next few years, they will likely produce similar numbers. Unfortunately for Bell, the Shanahan Factor gives the edge to Fast Willie.

This is a tough one, I would probably go with parker, strictly for the system that he is in. I am interested to see how others feel about this one, i got them 3.12 and 4.01 in my recent dynasty draft, so I have a vested interest in this one

I'm going with BELL ahead of PARKER

Let's not over look the fact, when talking about running games, that Denver came within about 20 or 30 yards of producing two 1,000 yard rushers in 05. Bell got his yards on about 10 carries per game. I think Shanahan is pumping Bell up for a big year this year. Making him hungry. Ron Dayne doesn't impress me at all. Dayne, in my opinion, doesn't have enough gas to be close to a Mike Anderson. Thus in his 3rd year Bell will be a force in Denver's running game. I see Bell fighting through any minor injuries this year in order to be THE MAN and put up big numbers. I'm thinking 1400+ RuYd, 8-10 RuTD's, 400 RecYd and 2-3 RecTD's. Shanahan just has to give Bell the carries, 20-25 per game.

On the other side. Willie is going to be the RB between the 20's. Someone else will do the goal line carries. Duce? Hopefully not. The Steelers have been talking to the Falcons about T.J. Duckett. If the Falcons find out that Jerrious Norwood can take Duckett's place then Duckett will be mooching carries and TD's from Willie. I think Willie gets 1150+ RuYd, 5-6 RuTD's, 75 RecYD and 0 RecTD's.

I had both players on my Dynasty League team. I traded Parker and kept Bell. I'm not a Denver or Steeler's fan so that doesn't come into play in my decision. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Parker! I know, looks like a homer pick, however if they switched teams or if Broncos ran Steelers system I'd pick Bell. Parker is a product of run first and then run some more so he will get more touches. Although he will lose red zone touches to Staley/Hayes as will bell to Dayne. They both have the ability to break the big one at any time, and they'll need to to get TDs.

i think i'd go with bell. i'm cautiously optimistic that he will have a good season. the most likely scenario would be that he shares carries, but even as a part time player he should come close to parkers stats. then say there's a 10 -20% chance he becomes the primary carrier, he would be a fantasy force. i figure you might as well roll the dice with bell.

I like Bell in this one I think he's a great back with upside the problem here is that he plays for Denver and it's no lock that he will be the guy. I would have to go with Parker if I were drafting and had to make a choice.

So for me it would be Parker first then if I could get both Bell. I would like to know who "Sigalf03" picked first?

I like Bell in this one I think he's a great back with upside the problem here is that he plays for Denver and it's no lock that he will be the guy. I would have to go with Parker if I were drafting and had to make a choice.

So for me it would be Parker first then if I could get both Bell. I would like to know who "Sigalf03" picked first?

I picked parker first but my picks were in a row so doesnt really mean much

I'll go with Parker. With Bettis gone, I'm not convinced that Parker automatically forfeits the goalline carries. I think that situation developed because there was overwhelming evidence that Bettis could punch it in, not overwhelming evidence that Parker couldn't.

Also, don't discount how Bettis' popularity might have factored in. If you've got a stadum full of fans wearing No. 36 spamshirts, then you're going to want No. 36 to have a role in the offense.

If Parker can punch it in, then there's no reason to have a designated goalline back, and I don't think Parker has had enough opportunities to make that call yet.

Parker proved himself in a big way last year, and he did it from the very start of the preseason up through the Superbowl itself (which he could have very easily been named MVP of instead of Hines Ward). He was a team player when the Bus came back from injury and just continued to do the job asked of him (and he did that job very well), and what I like most is that he has yet to lose a single fumble in his career.

Parker proved himself rather quietly so he tends to be undervalued, but he has the potential of having a huge year as the primary back in Pittsburgh's run-oriented offense.

I don't like how they're nit-picking Tatum Bell in Denver either, making him bulk-up while thinking this will help his short-yardage game. He had a very solid year last year but I think they may be pressing him a bit too hard at this point and that plan could backfire.

Edited by Crazysight

Fast Willie....hands down.

Don't kid yourself, Shanny will continue to go with the hot hand in Denver and the starter could change on a weekly basis. I like Bell alot but he hasn't shown he can carry the load and plays for a coach that plays RBBC religiously.

Unless Parker gets hurt expect a good year from him.